version of the album leaked, not the real version?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allbecauseofme

The Fly
This afternoon on Dutch radio; U2's recordcompany (Island) is searching for
the person(s) who leaked the album on the internet; they say it's the stolen
version (Nice, France) of Edge. Brings me to the thought that the album as
many of you downloaded already maybe is not the version as it will be in
stores 22 nov. but an demo-version? Or Edge had carried the fully mixed &
mastered version with him when he "lost" it... That will be a verry stupid
thing to do! Anyone heard anything about this?

this was on some news group site.what if the (demo) version was leaked and we get different music on the 23rd.(chances: not likely)

they likely made it up....it's gotta be the real thing, they might just have thier stories crossed or are trying to make it sound more interesting with the Nice tie in!

Haven't heard that myself, not that I'm well connected or anything. But if that was Edge's disc how come it took so long to leak?

Personally, if it had to leak, I'm glad it did so late in the game and not when it went missing. I like the hype it's bringing now as opposed to back then, when it could have been disastrous, regardless if all of us will buy. But at least with two weeks left, it's fuel for the maketing fire and probably better timing for the band (if it had to happen at all).

These songs sound perfectly mixed and mastered to me. I doubt very much that the leaked version differs in any way from the NOV 22 release. If this was the Stolen CD, why is it being released now instead of months ago?

It is more logical to assume that the leak was created by the album having gone to press, increasing the potential for a leak.

Wouldn't it be awesom if the songs we have really are only unfinished versions.

Like this album could get any better:drool:

Well it might be a different version. if you guys and gals go and listen to the Miracle Drug version from the beach, its somewhat different. Also they would leak it now since we have little time left for the actual release.

I'm going to hear the beach clips one more time.

the reason why i don't believe the leak has anything to do with the stolen cd is that it was ripped by team-rns. they somehow get their hands on every new album by every band/artist in every genre. this makes me think that they have some kind of hookup where cds are pressed or kid interns at the record companies. i seriously doubt the leak has anything to do with the stolen cd or any u2 fans for that matter. i think they just stole a copy just like they would steal anyone else's...

FullonEdge2 said:
This is FASCINATING.

Well put!!! I'm on the edge of my seat. . . Too bad the Into the Heart crowd can't give us some feedback. Supposedly they got copies this weekend. . .or did they get copies of the leaked material?

FullonEdge2 said:
This is FASCINATING.

WHAT IF WE DON'T HAVE THE REAL ALBUM!!!

:lmao: This thread starter probably works for island and is trying to get us to haul ass to the stores the day it's released!

We have the real thing...Vertigo is the same, those who had heard it already at the listening sessions (the Germans, the French) have not said it was different. And ABOY certainly sounds mixed... Dutch radio is just trying to create more buzz!

Besides, when Radiohead's CD leaked, it wasn't the final mix, but it sounded pretty much the same anyway, nothing radically different at all.

Hey but remember the difference can be huge especially if some of them are different in terms of guitar.

Imagine some of the songs with more guitar.

Damn!!

Perhaps Vertigo was in its final state, but yeah, what about Miracle Drug? It sounds a little different on the beach clips. And Love and Peace or Else, it also sounds a little different on the beach clips.

Anirban said:
the reason why i don't believe the leak has anything to do with the stolen cd is that it was ripped by team-rns. they somehow get their hands on every new album by every band/artist in every genre.

Ahh...was wondering what the significance of the "-rns" was on the files...

FullonEdge2 said:
Perhaps Vertigo was in its final state, but yeah, what about Miracle Drug? It sounds a little different on the beach clips. And Love and Peace or Else, it also sounds a little different on the beach clips.

I think maybe the difference can attributed to the addition of waves,wind, and spanish voices.:wink:

All joking aside, I am willing bet my ass that the leaked versions are the same as the release version.

artdirector said:
Hey but remember the difference can be huge especially if some of them are different in terms of guitar.

Imagine some of the songs with more guitar.

Damn!!

Thanks Artdirector, just when I thought I didn't have to think anymore. . . :)

Off to bed, I'll dream about it and have it all solved by the morning.

Yeah I guess we will but I'm very happy with this record. I thought it was going to be a big rocker but I'm glad it wasn't. Its a very personal record that for now I'm liking the whole album. Very different from how I felt with ATYCLB. After two listens I was hitting repeat on two or three songs only. On this one I repeat after 11 songs have played.

I believe that what we hear is what we get Nov 22/23 which is fine by me
This album is great from start to finish...:dance:

I've always suspected that the copy we all have is Edge's copy. That is, not the final final copy. Yes, Vertigo sounds right but that may have been one of the finished songs since they had to release it earlier than the entire album.

I've always thought Miracle Drug sounds unfinished. We'll see in a couple of weeks.

mikal said:

y cant they rok hardor??!/1/!1

omg yaahh!1!! omg omg!! dey Sukkk if dey dont Rawk!!!!11! Wait a minute...Dey dont Rawk!!!1! Dat means dey Sukk!!!!11!

FullonEdge2 said:

omg yaahh!1!! omg omg!! dey Sukkk if dey dont Rawk!!!!11! Wait a minute...Dey dont Rawk!!!1! Dat means dey Sukk!!!!11!

YOOO HAV NOOO TAYSSST!!!1!!11 RAWK IZ OV SATIN!!!!111!!11

FullonEdge2 said:

if yoo dont like Rawk yoo Sukk!! Satin Sukks Too!!!11!!!

Yer gun too Satin 4 yr luv ov RAWK!!111!!!!!1 tha layk ov fir!!!!11! RAWK WIL CONSYOOUM YR SOWL!!!1!!!1!@#1

Acrobatic said:
Haven't heard that myself, not that I'm well connected or anything. But if that was Edge's disc how come it took so long to leak?

Personally, if it had to leak, I'm glad it did so late in the game and not when it went missing. I like the hype it's bringing now as opposed to back then, when it could have been disastrous, regardless if all of us will buy. But at least with two weeks left, it's fuel for the maketing fire and probably better timing for the band (if it had to happen at all).

well remember how bono went on about rushing a release? that would have scared anybody in2 holding onto something like that!

i know that if it were me and i heard bono say something like that i would fucking piss my pants out of fear of fucking up the next U2 album. that explains that

b-sides which i thought they recovered the stolen disk??????

I don't think this is the 'stolen' copy, I'm willing to bet that this is the real thing. It'd be cool if it wasn't the finished product, but my guess is that some DJ was trying to create a little more hype to sell this album (maybe he was told to say this, who knows?).:eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom