U2 to perform at the Grammy Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2 is not opening the show. According to various sources, it is Radiohead ( actually apparently just Thom, Jonny and Colin) backed by members of the USC Marching Band performing 15 Steps to open the show.

Oooooooh. That sounds awesome!

Come on, people... aren't you excited that we will have heard Boots live for the first time in under 24 hours?

Stand up for the rock stars!

:doh:

On the description of the Grammy entry on my cable listings, it says:
"Katy Perry, Kenny Chesney, Katy Perry, Kenny Chesney, Coldplay, the Jonas Brothers, and Li'l Wayne are scheduled to perform."

:doh:

On the description of the Grammy entry on my cable listings, it says:
"Katy Perry, Kenny Chesney, Katy Perry, Kenny Chesney, Coldplay, the Jonas Brothers, and Li'l Wayne are scheduled to perform."

The ad I've been seeing (Comcast cable) is saying U2, Radiohead, Coldplay, Kanye West and a couple of other's (they go in alphabetical order) mentioned and it say's:

"that's just the first hour" .
so I'm :hyper:

The Canadian Press: Bono goes shades-less as U2 warm up for Grammy Awards performance

Bono goes shades-less as U2 warm up for Grammy Awards performance
1 hour ago

LOS ANGELES — Bono ditched his shades for some heavy eyeliner as U2 rehearsed on the eve of their performance at the 51st Grammy Awards.

The Irish band will open Sunday's show with a performance of its new single "Get On Your Boots." But after trying the song five times in rehearsal, Bono still wasn't happy with the sound. "Houston, we've got a problem," he said afterwards.

Wearing a black suit with a sparkling lapel and a T-shirt underneath, and with dark eye makeup in place of his trademark sunglasses, Bono began the song positioned behind the band on an elevated platform.

Behind the group, a video screen flashed alternately on lyrics and, during the chorus, a psychedelic swirl of colours.

U2 isn't nominated for any Grammy awards this year, but will release "No Line on the Horizon" on March 3.

:huh:

Not unusual for a tv appearance, I think. New song, different sound people who are working with a ton of artists in a short time frame.

But the eyeliner thing makes me laugh. It's either going to be a train wreck, or it's going to be awesome.

Eyeliner looked awesome on the Q photos...and if that's what it takes for the shades to get lost...bring it on.

cov1.jpg

get used to it I guess...

To be honest I was surprised that he was still using the HTDAAB glasses in the GOYB video. But I'll also be surprised if he goes shadeless during the tour because he mentioned one of his eyes has a reaction to bright lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom