The Best of U2 1990-2000 DVD - is it English-subtitled in USA?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dougal55

War Child
Hi!

I live in London, UK and went to the shops to purchase "The Best of U2 1990-2000" only to find it has no English lyric subtitles on it but however it does offer subtitles for Italian, German, Brazilian Portugue se, Japanese and other languages which left me rather frustrated.

This is because Im partially deaf so I tend to rely on English subtitles to understand any music or film on DVDs. Having English subtitles on U2's Best of DVD would have been a great help as it would enhance the understanding of U2's music so why can't WE have them? :mad:

Anyway.....I realise that the American/Canadian DVD version (otherwise known in the DVD circles as Region 1) is not yet out so I would be grateful if any one of you could find out if that version does have English subtitles or not. If it does, then thats great as I could buy it and then convert my DVD player to accept all DVD regions thus allowing it to play the U2 DVD with English subtitles.

IF not, then I will personally give up U2 for good...its just not fair when you consider that bands Red Hot Chili Peppers, REM has English lyric subtitles so what is the problem with U2 not doing the same? I know Rattle and Hum has English subtitles but thats still not good enough!

dougal

Now that it is 10th of December the day when you all Americans/Canadians can get their hands on the new U2 DVD...

So if anyone here who had bought it and seen it, could finally tell me if it is english-subtitled as opposed to the European release which is not english-subtitled. Also hope you have enjoyed it too!

Thank you!

dougal

i just got it an hour ago in the mail.

sorry dougal but there aren't english sub-titles on this one either. i wear hearing aides too, wanted the subs too.

Thanks Jesse for the info!

OH thats a damn shame! I really wanted subs.

OK I will write to the band, management and the producers of Best of DVD to complain......

Hey Jesse what are your thoughts about the DVD despite no subs? Did you like it?

dougal

Maybe you should complain... Here in U.S., the handicap has the right to take legal action against businesses that don't offer handicap parking at their buildings. :eeklaugh:

Back
Top Bottom