Songs of Experience - Part V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the sound is better, you can see them better. Beer is cheaper too. Most of the best shows I've seen were in clubs or theatres.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using U2 Interference mobile app

And the sound is better, you can see them better. Beer is cheaper too. Most of the best shows I've seen were in clubs or theatres.

I've seen 54-40 in a small Vanue in Vancouver about a year ago and the sound was absolutely awesome! No way you would ever be able to see u2 in such a setting!

I'd rather my favourite bands didn't reach the heights of playing arenas anyway. Much prefer an intimate club gig. Far less cost or stress, and more interaction with the band.

Very true and most of the bands I listen to play in small venues. But it's nice to get a full-on spectacle once in a while. Plus I'm always happy for bands I've been following to achieve such a level of success.

It's like some of you guys don't even listen to music outside of U2 or something.

I'd rather my favourite bands didn't reach the heights of playing arenas anyway. Much prefer an intimate club gig. Far less cost or stress, and more interaction with the band.
For my part, I just have a really hard time finding bands I like as much, or anywhere close to U2... There are currently two or three bands, and none is at U2 level, but I enjoy their music enough to want to see them live and look forward to their next album. For the rest, I couldn't care less. I'd be thrilled to find more bands I thoroughly enjoy, but I think U2 just set the bar too high. I guess I'm spoiled.

I remember when I used to think that way.

I'm glad that was over a decade ago.

For my part, I just have a really hard time finding bands I like as much, or anywhere close to U2... There are currently two or three bands, and none is at U2 level, but I enjoy their music enough to want to see them live and look forward to their next album. For the rest, I couldn't care less. I'd be thrilled to find more bands I thoroughly enjoy, but I think U2 just set the bar too high. I guess I'm spoiled.

You'll grow out of it. Hopefully.

Very true and most of the bands I listen to play in small venues. But it's nice to get a full-on spectacle once in a while. Plus I'm always happy for bands I've been following to achieve such a level of success.

Same here. The intimacy of a club/small venue gig is pretty great, but being in an arena full of people that like whoever's on stage can be weirdly binding in its own way too.

Stadiums... eh.

Christ you guys. Could you be anymore condescending to blueskies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My taste in music was so jejune when I was first into U2. Those were the days. Such simple times.

giphy.gif

blueskies. Just letting you know that I'm a smarter music fan than you are, but maybe you'll be more like me someday.

Gosh, I hope my other smart friends read this post and will comment as well!

Don't get hopes up. Most of it is Adam touring art galleries

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It's slightly reassuring that at least one member of U2 still has good taste.

more jackknife lee... guess that's encouraging. his hair is so much better than Tedder's

I think it's best if Edge isn't in studio. Less likely to tinker

So we've only seen that one article that mentions Ryan Tedder (And an Instagram post of him, Bono + Edge, and Pharrell a few months back).

What are the odds he's actually working with u2, verses just having heard the album so far?

blueskies. Just letting you know that I'm a smarter music fan than you are, but maybe you'll be more like me someday.

:up: :up: :up:

Haha thanks. Previous posts felt slightly irritating. It's not like I'm just discovering U2. And there are other bands I like. Some don't exist anymore, some are currently active. But none of the active ones could replace U2 for me. I guess that makes me a U2 fan. So what? You're all fans I suppose. :hmm:

Interesting quote about Tedder's involvement with U2 from, of all things, an article about Snow Patrol:

https://www.list.co.uk/article/81037-snow-patrol-reveal-their-revised-approach-to-making-music/

Gary - who, outside of the band, has worked with the likes of Ed Sheeran, One Direction and Kodaline on their music - feels Snow Patrol's new sound is "better" than anything they've ever done before.

He said: "We've finally found a sound that is really exciting to us. Not to say that the stuff before wasn't but this is really new and everything that is new is better."

Asked when fans can expect the record, Gary said: "It should be ready by the autumn, but it's too late to get it this year. It will be out next spring. It's ready go - we're ready to go, like a coiled spring.

"We've finished the writing of it and we're going to record it mid-July, our producer is working with U2 at the moment and once he's finalised then he'll come and work with us."

I assume he's talking about Jacknife Lee. Hasn't he worked with snow patrol a bunch? Also, I wouldn't read into a producer leaving u2 to work with someone else as a point of reference to time. They are probably working with other producers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom