Songs of Ascent V - The Final Bell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
still, neither funny nor constructive... just... sad I suppose.

Plenty of other things, and when you are communicating on a global scale, I would suggest that the goings on of an Irish band shouldnt be fodder for a tradition that is contained to one culture.

As I have told you I had no idea they were going to publish my translation or that they were going to insert a hoax in it (the translation was originally for another web), I have let them know I'm not happy with the situation, but I post here regularly and I thought I had to say something, even if I don't feel guilty in any way because everything was done without my permission or knowledge.

i think, just like U2Miracle.com, U2Valencia ultimately suffers damage to their credibility after something like this. you would never see Interference, @u2, or U2start pull pranks like this.

So what was a joke exactly?

That the album will come out in june? Didn't catch the last part of the last thread.

the June thing is real, thank God!

no, the website basically made up a story that Bono told fans that the album was going to be named "Outland".

Tweeted by Steve Lillywhite today:

back to New York today, but wont get there in time for 'The Lillywhite Sessions on @Eastvillageradio.com. so bunged up i cant talk anyway !

No, just speculation that started because Bono and Edge were there before Christmas, and so was Steve.

I thought the band was in Dublin right now ? Bono and McGuiness gave the last *album news* interview a few days ago in Dublin...

I thought the band was in Dublin right now ? Bono and McGuiness gave the last *album news* interview a few days ago in Dublin...

Yes, I would assume they went back home for Christmas.

I *think* the latest confirmation we have that they were in NYC is December 15th, if I'm not mistaken. Lillywhite was there around that time as well, but he went back to the UK for Christmas, too. Today his tweet said he's on his way back to NYC, no idea if Bono and Edge have or are gone/going back. The most recent Bono/McGuinness statement is from Dec. 26th from the Boxing Day horse race thing Bono attends every year.

I was in Sam Goody and they now have Snuggies with your favorite music and sports stars prints on them. :|

If there had been a U2 one it would have so been mine. :shifty:

LOL

Possible songs:
Every Breaking Wave (Bono has called it the 1st single)
Kingdom of Your Love (band intro song on 360)
Pilgrim's Lack of Progress
Not As Yet
Velvet Heart
House
If I Could Live My Life Again
Songs of Ascent
Anybody is a Star
Mercy
Winter
QUOTE]

Interesting. But I sure hope 'Pilgrims lack of progress' is a working title

I reckon 'Pilgrim's Lack of Progress' is a great title, I would sure love to hear the song though. (despite the acronym: PLOP)

Title's OK I think.

"Pilgrim's Regress" is more streamlined, but that's a direct C.S. Lewis reference, and U2 have never been one to worry about streamlined titles (at least this side of 2000).

tryin' to throw your arms around the world?
daddy's gonna pay for your crashed car?
hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me?
if you wear that velvet dress?
two shots of happy, one shot of sad?
I still haven't found what i'm looking for?
i threw a brick through a window?

...but I'm just being a jackass :wink: I know what you mean - not just the album titles can be a mouthful (especiall HTDAAB... too many consonants. it's a chore to say it (not to mention to play it... ba-dum ching! i kid, i kid...).

I think Bono might be in France right now.... playing loud music... :hmm:

bonoparty20091.jpg

:shifty: whose on the beach clip thing? :hyper:

A quick thought: someone voiced surprise that U2 would even tentatively commit to an album date/time frame with the tour already booked. I actually think this might be (if they stick with June) the best thing that can happen to the new album. The last decade has been the decade of completely open-ended album making. No real pressure from studios (like in the early days) or to fit into tour schedules. Just taking their time. I think we could see some really creative and great music come out of this if U2 are working under the gun--even if they already have most of the album completed. No over-thinking, just inspiration and album release. Could be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom