Songs of Ascent - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible that it is the song Kingdom of Your Love that is on the list behind Edge in the photo in NLOTH?

That would be cool. I've been trying to find out why people are saying it's Gavin besides the fact that he mentioned it in a Twitter. I don't doubt he could have been involved, but I haven't seen anywhere that would lead to believe it is his song. :hmm:

Yeah. We know Gavin's coming out with new material i the near future, but if he were working on the tour it seems just as likely that he would simply express his excitement for the tour via Twitter.

Even if it is Gavin, this version is Gavin ft. U2.

And really, Gavin's been playing in Eno's sandbox if this is his stuff.

Either this is confirmed to be a U2 song or I am confirmed to be a Gavin Friday fanatic.:up:

Lyrics to intro song

Sing yourself on down the street
Sing yourself right off your feet
Sing yourself away from victory and from defeat

Sing yourself with fife and drum
Sing yourself to overcome
The thought that someone's lost and someone else has won

Surely if a song is in good enough shape to be played as an intro as they walk on stage, this second album is in much better shape than the neg's think, and we are a genuine chance of having another U2 disc within a year from now

^I know, but just the idea of it.

I mean, it would have to be a coincidence for it NOT to be a new song (IE, it is confirmed called Kingdom, we have a photo from the NLOTH book that has a list with a title 'kingdom of your love', Bono is clearly singing in it, and it is a song we've never heard before)

At least I'm pretty sure that our prime suspect, which is Gavin Friday, is not the person singing here. Or not the only one.
Like I said in other thread, just listen to "In the Name of the Father" and you'll see.

At least I'm pretty sure that our prime suspect, which is Gavin Friday, is not the person singing here. Or not the only one.
Like I said in other thread, just listen to "In the Name of the Father" and you'll see.

Gav MAY be in the back there (listen to You, me and WW3), but I definately herre any combination of Eno/Edge/Lanois as well. There is no chance this is a Gav song, because he would never record a song that had bono as the most prominent voice in the mix, and also, it isn't Gav style.

Even though people may cringe, it sounds a bit like the intro to the Angels and Airwaves song that they did as an homage to U2 (The Adventure)

YouTube - Angels & Airwaves - The Adventure

One more thing I mentioned in another thread somewhere... does anyone else hear in the very beginning the repeated word sounds like "soon" over and over. I just thought that if Gavin really was hinting at anything on that Twitter post "Kingdom.... soon" it might fit. :wink:

Those lyrics are pure Bono, has to be a U2 song.

From one Gav to another, I hope it's not a Friday song!!

Well from that pic of edge with the list behind him Kingdom of your love is clearly written, its a U2 song that was cut from NLOTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom