SOE 21 - It comes down to this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also don't believe JT Tour will last beyond the Sao Paulo shows... they must be planning Innocence and Experience for Australia. Then again, I wouldn't put it past them to do JT shows in Australia/NZ/Asia in early 2018 either. The fact that it's 31 years since the JT's release wouldn't make a bit of difference in their decision.

What part of "this is the last Joshua Tree Tour show" did you not understand?

My guess is the Australia /NZ / Asia tour will be stadiums and will contain a full performance of TJT. Naming and concept wise it will be a SOE / JT hybrid. There will be no acknowledgement or references to I&E and SOI since these are now too far ago.

All this "last show" talk is just semantics. It means last show for this touring cycle. They will deem the Australia / NZ / Asia leg to be a new tour due to the SOE linkage.

I also don't think North America will get any extra shows next year. Again supporting the "last show" talk.

Last edited:
What part of "this is the last Joshua Tree Tour show" did you not understand?

Direct Quote: A third and final night in Brazil, at Estadio Do Morumbi, has been set for Sunday October 22nd - and it's also confirmed that this will be the final date of #U2TheJoshuaTree2017.

Didn't say anything about 2018!!! ;)

I'm just being silly, I truly do believe this is the last of the JT shows. I was just saying that if they wanted to, they could still do JT shows in early 2018 just because.

My guess is the Australia /NZ / Asia tour will be stadiums and will contain a full performance of TJT. Naming and concept wise it will be a SOE / JT hybrid. There will be no acknowledgement or references to I&E and SOI since these are now too far ago.

All this "last show" talk is just semantics. It means last show for this touring cycle. They will deem the Australia / NZ / Asia leg to be a new tour due to the SOE linkage.

I also don't think North America will get any extra shows next year. Again supporting the "last show" talk.

THIS makes absolutely no sense. This isn't even your normal 'someone pissed in my Cheerios' type of post, this is just dumb.

Adam says the album is done, but what worries me is can they resist tinkering with it? Like a big cream cake in the corner of the room,bono is bound to take a bite!

To be fair, there was that interview from the NYC studio a couple months ago where Bono said something along the lines of "it sucks we're not taking this tour beyond North America and Europe, but hopefully we'll get there with SoE".
But then again, that was a passing line on a Facebook interview (and from Bono)... This statement on their website seems far more official and definite.

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when Coppel talked to the band. Maybe they told him their E+I plans?
Quite a few annoyed people over this way though. I've bought a GA for the San Diego gig but not everyone is able to do such things.

I'm assuming nothing, and if something happens in the near future that's great.

Fall release and tour to start in oz next march. That's my prediction. Start in Australia,New Zealand,Japan and other Asian markets. Europe in the summer back to America to take us up to xmas 2018.

Fall release and tour to start in oz next march. That's my prediction. Start in Australia,New Zealand,Japan and other Asian markets. Europe in the summer back to America to take us up to xmas 2018.
Followed by three years of silence ?
But seriously, I think that's a pretty good/likely prediction.

Done for JT. Great news for SOE, bad for old school Aussie/nz fans. If they do arenas here for EI early in the tour, it will be worthwhile for mine.

Agreed. I will also be getting to as many shows as possible, God knows when they will be back. Hopefully we get them in some form early next year.

It's time to let Mercy return back to its rightful time of circa 2004.

Because because because we can we must is up there with the worst lyric choices of the 00s/10s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom