Rolf Harris to produce next U2 album???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JimmyChicken

Acrobat
There's a radio program in Australia called "The Bench Warmers" and their announcers keep claiming U2 are going to get Rolf Harris to produce their next album. (And have said it officially, but failed to name the source)

For anyone who knows who Rolf Harris is then you'd understand why my reaction is "Are these guys sniffing something they should be?"

Afterall, Rolf Harris is probably most famous for singing "Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport" and playing a wobble board. For his biography/discography go to http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?opt1=1&P=amg&sql=Rolf+Harris

Ok, Mr Harris is a very innovative performer and in that sense I could see an artist trying to go in a radical new direction seeking his production assistance. But are these radio announcers making a meek attempt at humour, or is there some truth to their claims?

U2 have admitted their admiration of Rolf Harris before. Seriously. He's quite the inventive musician.

Having said that I think theres Buckleys chance Rolf will be producing the next U2 album.

Edge will become redundant with the "Wobble Board"

"Wibble Wooble Wibble Woble"

:lmao:, The Bench Warmers poke fun at lots of stuff, Another reason not to listen to radio much.

Perhaps they'll re-release Rolfs version of Stairway to Heaven.

Al-together Now.

Ooh and it makes me wonder

(How does it affect you blokes?)

Ooh and it makes us wonder

(That's interesting that, yeah)

Rolf Harris, behind the scenes, is considered to be outstanding at creating and working with 'weird' sounds in the studio. I've heard U2 mention him before as a possibility to help them out, and if they ever do use him, it's a good sign. It means there's something seriously odd going on in their heads and they're trying to figure out how to get it out of there and onto a record. Please, please have something weird in your heads. Please.

Y'know I wish I could believe it.

It would be an amzing thing to listen to. A Rolf-produced U2 album.

Maybe that's gonna be the next twist in the U2 journey. A new phase in which they make Rolf-like music. The kids would love it, and U2 have never adopted a Wiggle-esque appraoch to writing songs. No reason why they can't start now.

I have to say I'm looking forwards to U2's Version of Rolf's 'I've lost my mummy.'

I can really see the crowd singing along to this one 40 style.

I've lost my mummy, ah-ah-ah-ah, I've lost my mummy.
I've lost my mummy, ah-ah-ah-ah, I've lost my mummy.

Just then his mother appeared on the spot,
Gave him a hefty whack.
'That ought to teach you to go and get lost!'
And the little boy's voice floated back:

I've found my mummy, ah-ah-ah-ah, I've found my mummy.
I've found my mummy, ah-ah-ah-ah, I've found my mummy.

Back
Top Bottom