Rate the Song: Wild Honey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wild Honey

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Let's move onto voting for the second half of All That You Can't Leave Behind today.

Please rate Wild Honey on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours.

Not nearly deserving on the scorn it gets, but still not great. The band probably just felt this record needed a little "fun", because there are better songs that got left off.

I WAS A FUCKING MONKEY :rockon:

What is this I don't even/10

The chorus is kinda catchy, so a 5 would suffice.

Nice, catchy, sweet, very different for U2, playful. Not deserving of hate, but not really deserving of much love either.
Shame they didn't play it live, acoustic, as it seems tailor made for an acoustic version. better that than the butchered acoustic versions of Desire and Staring At The Sun etc

They actually played it a handful of times on the first leg of Elevation. I've never sought out this song to listen to on its own but I don't skip it when it comes on. It's sweet, light hearted, playful, and pairs up so perfectly with IALW. I love the bridge.

They actually played it a handful of times on the first leg of Elevation. I've never sought out this song to listen to on its own but I don't skip it when it comes on. It's sweet, light hearted, playful, and pairs up so perfectly with IALW. I love the bridge.

Any particular bootleg I should be seeking out then? Would be curious to hear it.

i give it a "0" because that is the amount of times i've listened to this song in at least 7-8 years. i made my own ATYCLB tracklist and this song didn't make the cut.

haters.gif

Pretty much the definition of a 7. Harmless and fun, but not particularly memorable.

So all you can say about it is that it's "fun"? Harmless is basically a safe remark, and then you say it's not memorable.

Sounds more like the definition of a 5 than a 7.

This is one of the most disposable songs the band has. There's nothing wrong with it per se, but it's a b-side if there ever was one. And a couple outtakes from those sessions are superior and at least try something interesting.

Ridiculous that this was good enough to make an album and yet Fast Cars and Mercy got cut from the next one. That says a lot.

Ridiculous that this was good enough to make an album and yet Fast Cars and Mercy got cut from the next one. That says a lot.

Very true. :up:

I don't hate it, but I don't go out of my way to listen to it either. 5

Not one of U2's most memorable songs, but it's a fun and joyful song. The lyrics, however - crap, in my opinion. Still, a very joyful song. 6.

although she might laugh at the cheesy lyrics

Sometimes I wonder what Ali really thought of Sweetest Thing.

:bono: Sorry I was off playing some serious Nintendo Entertainment System with Sting and forgot your birthday again. Here, I wrote this in a couple of minutes.

"Well, um, that was adequate. I mean-how sweet!"

:bono: We might even release it as a b-side!

"Oh. Oh, thanks."

:bono: What? What did I do?

"You can sleep on the gold-plated futon tonight."

:bono: Ugh, why do we even own that?

:adam: Seemed like a good idea at the time.

:bono: ...

:adam: I just came here to laugh at married life.

I find this song to lean more towards the humorous side of U2. Crap lyrics, though good musically. I'm not sure what they were trying to get at with this one, but it certainly makes me want to brush my teeth after listening to it. 5.

Back
Top Bottom