Rate the Song: Wild Honey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wild Honey

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A little too Jack Johnson for me. Not my thing, although it isn't horrible. 4, I guess.

A halfway-listenable, more interesting version of Jack Johnson basically sums this song up for me.

(For the record, I really dislike the music of Jack Johnson.)

I vividly remember thinking the word "filler" to myself the very first time I ever heard this song, listening on headphones, the day I bought the album.

And my opinion hasn't really changed since that day.

I like a couple of the guitar lines that Edge comes up with but, yeah.

"I was a monkey" is pretty difficult to get around.

Somehow when Jagger screams "I'M A MONKEY.......MAN!!!" it kicks all kinds of ass. But Bono? Nah.

I'll give it a 5.

SOMETHIIIIIIIIIIIIING SOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUL!

LOVE MEEEEEEEEEEE GIVE ME SOUL!

Said enough about this earlier so just say i give it a 7 and agree in many ways with it being a good b side. Somehow for me though it fitted in nicely among the jigsaw of moods and weight of feelings on ATYCLB.

What does a song have to do to get a 3?

Rape one of your pets?

To get a 3? Be one of many songs in U2's repertoire that I dislike. Songs I would probably vote a 3 or less in U2's album repertoire at this: Seconds, 40, Mothers of the Disappeared, When Love Comes To Town, Love Rescue Me, One, The Wanderer, If God Will Send His Angels, Please, Grace, Peace On Earth, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, All Because Of You, Yahweh, Stand Up Comedy.

Songs I would probably vote a 3 or less in U2's album repertoire at this: Seconds, 40, Mothers of the Disappeared, When Love Comes To Town, Love Rescue Me, One, The Wanderer, If God Will Send His Angels, Please, Grace, Peace On Earth, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, All Because Of You, Yahweh, Stand Up Comedy.
Yeah, that's all utter shite, isn't it? But you forgot tracks like 'Bad', 'With or Without You', 'All I Want Is You', and 'Until the End of the World'. That stuff is even worse, eh?

I love The Wanderer, Please and Seconds and even I'm not that silly.

That is to say, I don't take internet song opinions seriously and am more than happy to get on with my life regardless of how much someone hates/loves FutureSoul/LoveKneel.

If you think this song is better than One, you should probably beat yourself with a rock until you lose consciousness. When you wake up, repeat. Keep doing this until you don't wake up again.

To get a 3? Be one of many songs in U2's repertoire that I dislike. Songs I would probably vote a 3 or less in U2's album repertoire at this: Seconds, 40, Mothers of the Disappeared, When Love Comes To Town, Love Rescue Me, One, The Wanderer, If God Will Send His Angels, Please, Grace, Peace On Earth, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, All Because Of You, Yahweh, Stand Up Comedy.

And giving One a rating of 3 isn't an overreaction?

I know people are sick of it, but to rate it on the same level as All Because of You, Stand Up Comedy, or When Love Comes To Town?

That's just ludicrous.

If you think this song is better than One, you should probably beat yourself with a rock until you lose consciousness. When you wake up, repeat. Keep doing this until you don't wake up again.

So because I don't like One and have never liked One and always skip One, I should inflict pain upon myself? Well I could say the same to you of any song that I like a lot that you don't. I love being in first grade!

No, you should sit back and wonder what psychological problem you have that causes you to think so poorly of a song that is considered one of your favorite band's landmark recordings.

This is akin to some huge Led Zeppelin fan thinking Stairway to Heaven is shit. A song that I'm surely sick of, but I'd never be so obtuse as to claim that it's poorly written and performed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom