Rate the Song: Big Girls Are Best

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big Girls are Best

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
This is the second-to-last round of the 2012 rate the song series! Today, we shall be voting on the second round of 2000s non-album songs. The full list of these songs is:

Stateless
Summer Rain
Always
Levitate
Love You Like Mad
Smile
Flower Child
Big Girls Are Best
Electrical Storm
The Hands That Built America
Native Son
Xanax and Wine
Are You Gonna Wait Forever?
Window in the Skies
Soon
Winter
Mercy

Today's round will cover the second set of six songs, from Flower Child to Xanax and Wine.

Please rate Big Girls Are Best on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours.

The music part is great, really great, though the lyrics suck so much that it is nearly incomprehensible. It's a shame really, this song might have actually went somewhere had they changed some things. 3.

Lyrically, this is Bono's worst song. How can the guy who wrote "Streets" and "One" be singing about "Cocoa Butter"? As the husband of a woman who is currently breast feeding our child, I find these lyrics bizarre.

When the vaults are finally opened and we get a deluge of unreleased material, I wonder how many more songs as bad as this will surface **shudders**

Lyrics = 2
Music = 9

Lyrics are downright terrible, though the music is just so good, I really like it. Other than that, an average B-side. 6.

I actually love this song. It's more of a sonic vibe though, than specifically the lyrics. But I like where it comes from. It's the total opposite of a man who regards women as toys or trophies, or worse.

i don't think i've ever heard this song! maybe that's not such a bad thing by the looks of it lol!!

Back
Top Bottom