Post here if you're still holding out for the album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Have you listend to the 30sec clips of the whole album?

• Yes, I couldnt wait!

Votes: 198 57.4%
  • No, I wait till the whole album is leaked

Votes: 33 9.6%
  • No, I wait till the whole album is released

Votes: 114 33.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe I'm holding out as well.

:hi5:

say more to make me resist :reject::reject::reject:
i have it on my computer but i won't listen. i think.

the experience really won't be the same listening on your computer
you know you want to be strong
you know how much fun the listening party will be on the day that its officially released . . . toooo much fun

okay, its official, i am addicted to this thread . .. if i don't go now there will be a riot in my kitchen

check ya doodlebugs

xx pr :wave:

I'm holding strong with Zoots, Rachel D, cjboog, and djparky and whoever else is not going for the leak. I cracked so easily to hear the Bomb when it leaked. It's different for me this time. The band took their time, patience, so to will I. :wink:

I'm holding on- have heard NLOTH2 but only because it was on the cd single and not the standard album version- beyond that and GOYB I have heard nothing and won't until I have the cd in my grubby mits on 2 March- a u2 album doesn't happen often and part of the thrill is that first play with the cd liner notes to look at at the same time- we've waited this long- why spoil it??

besides I've agreed with my brother that neither of us will cheat this time

:hi5:

the experience really won't be the same listening on your computer
you know you want to be strong
you know how much fun the listening party will be on the day that its officially released . . . toooo much fun

okay, its official, i am addicted to this thread . .. if i don't go now there will be a riot in my kitchen

check ya doodlebugs

xx pr :wave:

thank u very much :drool::drool::drool: :hug::hug:

see u later :wave:

and thank u again.

I can't believe I'm holding out as well.

Carlos! My man! :hi5:

I've heard GYOB (duh) and have the alternate version of NLOTH on my computer but have not listened yet. I've skimmed a few early reviews and have seen people's comments, but I'm holding off on really going in-depth into reviews and thoughts until it's out. I don't know very much about the songs beyond the titles - I haven't even cracked open my copy of Q magazine yet!

I can't deny that my expectations are sky-high, but at this point, it's more of an experiment and a test of my willpower. ;)

I've listened to the 30s clips because that's how I previewed ATYCLB on u2.com ages ago.

In no way will I listen to the whole album before I buy the CD in the shops.

I think I'll play the first listen on my Discman with my new, uberly-awesome headphones and then crank that sucker up on the stereo system for the second listen.

Then I'll take a break for nourishment - possibly a celebratory sushi lunch - and then dive back in.

Oh man, that's like having a lotery ticket and not going to claim your money because you don't believe in capitalism. Delete those, please!

Oh man, that's like having a lotery ticket and not going to claim your money because you don't believe in capitalism. Delete those, please!

Yep. I tried that with NLOTH2. I downloaded it because I wanted to have it after I heard the album version. Within an hour, I rationalized why I could let myself listen to it, and since then have played it about 20 times :ohmy:

Oops :wink:

Yep. I tried that with NLOTH2. I downloaded it because I wanted to have it after I heard the album version. Within an hour, I rationalized why I could let myself listen to it, and since then have played it about 20 times :ohmy:

Oops :wink:

Something like "NLOTH2 is not on the album, so it does not really count"

Been there, done that.

Don't listen! Think of the special moment you will have when you get the CD and listen to it for the first time. You may not have another chance to have a moment like that for a long time!

Don't listen! Think of the special moment you will have when you get the CD and listen to it for the first time. You may not have another chance to have a moment like that for a long time!

yeah :scream: :scream: BUT EVERYONE WANTS ME TO LISTEN TO IT !
OH GOSH! i've a test tomorrow and i don't know if i'll do it right because for one side i wanna to listen, but for the other... i don't want :scream:

Something like "NLOTH2 is not on the album, so it does not really count"

Been there, done that.

:uhoh: I talked you into that one didn't I? Those are my exact words.

:lol: But I still stand by it. Because it's on the Boots single, it's just a b-side. No part of the album! :yes:

i've always waited for the midnight onsale. but my fiance said he would download it when it leaks, as he did for HTDAAB. this has caused a bit of a fight between us, cuz i really wanna wait...tis my personal U2 tradition. however, if it is on my computer i will have no self-control and will have to listen to it! :shrug: unfortunately for him our pc is on the fritz and we won't get it fixed til monday....so for now...we wait, and have not heard any of the leaked album.

No, I have no-one but myself to blame for this.

My will power lasted, like, 5 hours when NLOTH 2 came out.

:uhoh: I talked you into that one didn't I? Those are my exact words.

:lol: But I still stand by it. Because it's on the Boots single, it's just a b-side. No part of the album! :yes:

You are right. I do have someone to blame. YOU!!!!

Anyways, it was all downhill after I listened to NLOTH2.

Can't say I regret it.

You are right. I do have someone to blame. YOU!!!!

Anyways, it was all downhill after I listened to NLOTH2.

Can't say I regret it.

:reject: woops.

:uhoh:But it was worth it right?

I mean, just keep listening to NLOTH2 and it'll be march before you know it! :yes:

Or in my case, feb 27, 9 am. The moment I'll be standing in front of the record shop. :shifty:

:reject: woops.

:uhoh:But it was worth it right?

I mean, just keep listening to NLOTH2 and it'll be march before you know it! :yes:

Or in my case, feb 27, 9 am. The moment I'll be standing in front of the record shop. :shifty:

Absolutely. I should thank you. We had a great listening party in "Canada Road" today.

And since I ordered the box set with Amazon UK, I wouldn't be able to wait for it until, like, March 6.

Where do you live, by the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom