People of Interference [plaintiffs] vs. U2, et. al [defendants]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This whole thing is utterly f**king ridiculous in my opinion - the band DID NOT guarantee tickets - it only meant you got access first. Other bands have done this many times - you're rarely guaranteed a ticket. Why don't people get this? This is how a pre-sale works, man - pre-sales sell out just like public onsales. I honestly don't get the outcry.

I think the hue+cry may be the result of a lethal concoction of exhaustion, disappointment, and general obnoxiousness....

just a thought.

Last edited:
the large outcry here is that people were made to believe they had a fair chance to get presale tickets. a sell out in the first ten seconds at a particular venue is not fair. and if you want to use the fact that we knew that there were only 10% of the venue's tickets on sale, members weren't told this until the email with the code 2 days before. Plus, fanfire is not offering refunds. When you buy into something, the facts and details should be up front, especially if there is no refund. They (ticketmaster, U2, fanfire) continually made public more details until the final hours, and locked people into the memberships under principles that weren't defined until very late in the subscription game, after the overwhelming majority bought it.

Last edited:
mofo82 said:
the large outcry here is that people were made to believe they had a fair chance to get presale tickets. a sell out in the first ten seconds at a particular venue is not fair. and if you want to use the fact that we knew that there were only 10% of the venue's tickets on sale, members weren't told this until the email with the code 2 days before. Plus, fanfire is not offering refunds. When you buy into something, the facts and details should be up front, especially if there is no refund. They (ticketmaster, U2, fanfire) continually made public more details until the final hours, and locked people into the memberships under principles that weren't defined until very late in the subscription game, after the overwhelming majority bought it.

I am beginning to agree with you. I am sure the outcome of this case will be reversed on appeal and U2 will be sentenced to disbandment and given a restraining order to refrain from recording another album ever again!

Cheers,

J

Maybe a real class action suit should be filed against Ticketmaster :madspit: since the recording industry and most promoters don't seem to care. After all it does benefit them for things to remain the same.

The article below was written in 1999, but seems as though nothing has changed in 5 years. :eyebrow:

WHY CAN'T I GET TICKETS?

REPORT ON TICKET
DISTRIBUTION PRACTICES
BUREAU OF INVESTOR PROTECTION
AND SECURITIES
MAY 27, 1999

http://www.oag.state.ny.us/press/reports/scalping/exec_summary.html

Edited to say: If this has already been posted in the forums somewhere, please forgive the duplicate post. Haven't been everywhere yet.:wink:

Last edited:
sue4u2 said:
Maybe a real class action suit should be filed against Ticketmaster :madspit: since the recording industry and most promoters don't seem to care. After all it does benefit them for things to remain the same.

A class action suit if any should be filed against U2. It would then be their responsibility to file a cross-claim against ticketmaster and have them impleaded on the complaint. But U2 are the one directly answerable to the fans.

Cheers,

J

Re: Re: Re: Re: People of Interference [plaintiffs] vs. U2, et. al [defendants]

Angela Harlem said:

Jick this is awesome :D

I was going to complain about my flights too, as I live about 30 mins from the venue U2 are playing at and about 50 mins drive from Sydney airport. Can anyone else see my predicament????? I blame U2 of course.

Tip Top, what's the joke on Aus? I missed it, like the presale tix I never applied for.
:hyper:

Some people seemed to think that the "fake" illness story was insulting because it had ruined their tour related plans.

BTW, Sydney sucks, but you're ok. One of the few Australians on this board who don't shit me. Go figure. Probably because you are a trouble maker. ;)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: People of Interference [plaintiffs] vs. U2, et. al [defendants]

Tip Top Prince said:
Some people seemed to think that the "fake" illness story was insulting because it had ruined their tour related plans.

Like who?

One of the few Australians on this board who don't shit me.

Hateful behaviour against racism and nationalities isn't tolerated on this board. Australians are wonderful and friendly people, and it's your loss if you can't see that. (For the record, I am a New Zealander. Australia has been an extremely welcoming country to live in.)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: People of Interference [plaintiffs] vs. U2, et. al [defendants]

Axver said:

Hateful behaviour against racism and nationalities isn't tolerated on this board. Australians are wonderful and friendly people, and it's your loss if you can't see that. (For the record, I am a New Zealander. Australia has been an extremely welcoming country to live in.)

Hey, am not Australia, (am Irish) but having lived in oz for a few years, got an australian brother in law (they live in Perth), tons of friends on Gold Coast & Sydney, AND that I am going down under for 3 weeks in April, i can confirm most if not all are great people!!

Only exception is Danni Minogue.. Can you take her back please???!

Does a venue selling out in 10 minutes suck? Absolutely. It completely and totally sucks.

Is it unfair? Absofuckinglutely NOT. The demand far outweighs the supply. Now the way this presale system was set up for fans may be a little unfair compared to previous experiences with Propaganda, but a venue selling out quick is not unfair in the least. When you're as big as U2 is, a lot of fans aren't going to get tickets (or the tickets they want). It's unfortunate but inevitable.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: People of Interference [plaintiffs] vs. U2, et. al [defendants]

Tip Top Prince said:

You mean the people who complained about the delay cos of their travel plans? I laughed pretty hard at one girl who had a big whinge about that, but she's not a skip. Just um...well, dumb. It wasn't on Interference though.

Tip Top Prince said:

BTW, Sydney sucks, but you're ok. One of the few Australians on this board who don't shit me. Go figure. Probably because you are a trouble maker. ;)

Sydney doesn't suck, it's a shithole. That's why I have Dubbo in my avatar. Everyone has some Dubbo love in them somewhere.
I'll have to try harder to shit you though..
:wink:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: People of Interference [plaintiffs] vs. U2, et. al [defendants]

Party Boy said:

Hey, am not Australia, (am Irish) but having lived in oz for a few years, got an australian brother in law (they live in Perth), tons of friends on Gold Coast & Sydney, AND that I am going down under for 3 weeks in April, i can confirm most if not all are great people!!

Only exception is Danni Minogue.. Can you take her back please???!
uummmmm would love to take danni back to my place:drool: :drool: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom