OFFICIAL - New Album Delayed Until 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
to be fair, theres no reason to think the video is finished. they were just taking shots of Cadiz i think and U2 were going to be screened into it somehow? filming in London or something. I never heard anything to come out of the London bit.

There were reports from earlier this summer of Catherine Owens coming to HQ with cameras in tow. Personally, I think they'll splice the Cadiz footage (which is finished) together with that (which was taken ages ago) and that'll be the video.

maybe "mean nothing to you" came out wrong. i meant more that we obviously don't see eye to eye and that you're taking the positive/emotional approach here. there's nothing wrong with that and i'm not insulting or dismissing your opinion. it's just obvious that we don't see eye to eye.

what i think you're missing is that i'm not out to "prove you wrong", i'm just giving my opinion based on the information i've been presented.

The trouble is your adding of "emotional" implies that the forlorn hope is of a release in November is what us autumn fans are basing our judgement in. It's sound reasoning on my part certainly - I won't be praying for an autumn release before I go to bed tonight, I've got plenty of other music to keep me fulfilled until whenever the album surfaces.

You're just being silly. What's the difference between RS and Q magazine??

OMG!!!! It's just an example! Could be on McDonald's.com for all i care! Just give us some valid, solid, clear, true, confirmed, and conclusive offcial information!

There were reports from earlier this summer of Catherine Owens coming to HQ with cameras in tow. Personally, I think they'll splice the Cadiz footage (which is finished) together with that (which was taken ages ago) and that'll be the video.

maybe. I think it's more likely th Catherine Owens stuff was for a bonus DVD, ala the Hut Dab Deluxe.

OMG!!!! It's just an example! Could be on McDonald's.com for all i care! Just give us some valid, solid, clear, true, confirmed, and conclusive offcial information!

Why don't you believe that the information we have now is valid? The band members and producers all appear to be on the same page, and the information has all been consistent. They're not bullshitting us. This is what's actually going on right now.

:love:

I think you just made me laugh out loud on a message board for the first time in my life. I am dead serious. That was great.

Edit: I'm referring to BoyOnTheHorizon's post

Why don't you believe that the information we have now is valid? The band members and producers all appear to be on the same page, and the information has all been consistent. They're not bullshitting us. This is what's actually going on right now.

The band members and producers are not on the same page though. Even if this interview with Edge is from lets say, July 15th. We had been hearing even prior to that and around then that it would be THIS fall. I think this is the first contrary report we've had to Fall 08. And the Edge is pretty important. :wink:

Wow, this is a huge overraction.

The Q article mentions edge laying the final track on Get On Your Boots. Over a month ago we heard this song blaring from bono's beach house.

This says two things to me:

1) The beach house version was finished or very close to, so the interview is very old. We've heard from Paul McG that the album will be out this year since they finished in the studio.

2) Edge talks about laying the song to rest, and other COMPLETED songs. They have finished recording, so they aren't going to throw it out. the uncertainty was probably at the time of interview, and they have a cleaer idea of the dates now.

Seriously, they wouldn't have been doing the videos on U2 dot com, bono wouldn't have been blaring it from his speakers, THE BAND WOULDN'T HAVE GONE ON HOLIDAY if the album wasn't finished.

They will release it before November... no way Pauly would let them hold it over.

The band members and producers are not on the same page though. Even if this interview with Edge is from lets say, July 15th. We had been hearing even prior to that and around then that it would be THIS fall. I think this is the first contrary report we've had to Fall 08. And the Edge is pretty important. :wink:

The new beach clips and reports of the album being finished were all at the tail-end of July, early August, presumably after the interview was taken. :shrug: It's a very strong possibility that the band wrapped up the sessions and finalized the track listing (which is what Edge was talking about way back then) in the following weeks. I'd bet on that, no sweat. It's absolutely plausible.

I believe its true. But at this point i just want more... More descriptions, some lyrics and some confirmed release dates. And this rumor of a delayed release really disturbed me.

"I want the truth!"

"You can't handle the truth!"

"Yes i can!"

I applaud you for your consistently fair and balanced reasoning.

I believe its true. But at this point i just want more... More descriptions, some lyrics and some confirmed release dates. And this rumor of a delayed release really disturbed me.

"I want the truth!"

"You can't handle the truth!"

"Yes i can!"

Lyric:

"So why would I invite a stranger into my home, would you??"

from the song "Breathe" off of U2's forthcoming album.

And how can you be bored if you are disturbed?

but he is also the one who said things like 'getting lost in the music' or "we're not thinking were/when/in what form this music will be released' (or somthing like that) etc,
if this is from July than it's really not that strange that Edge ONCE AGAIN didn't say anthing concrete, just "maybe before, maybe after chrstmas"

And if you want more info about Breathe, I can tell you its a fuck-off rocker. How sweet does that sound! And rumor is that Bono references dates in June during the verses. Word on the street has it that there is a nice little outro at the end as well.

Again, atu2 was not at all buying the delay rumors until this one guy took Edge's ambivalence in July to mean that the album wasn't ready. It even says so in the article. Heck, they're not even really buying it now, just mentioning it as a possibility.

but he is also the one who said things like 'getting lost in the music' or "we're not thinking were/when/in what form this music will be released' (or somthing like that) etc,
if this is from July than it's really not that strange that Edge ONCE AGAIN didn't say anthing concrete, just "maybe before, maybe after chrstmas"

I think this could be part of the intentional restraint U2 has been showing when talking about this album. The new approach to discussing the album process has been oft-discussed going back at least a year. Plus Edge may just enjoy fucking with us a bit. Plus we don't know if he said anything.

And if you want more info about Breathe, I can tell you its a fuck-off rocker. How sweet does that sound! And rumor is that Bono references dates in June during the verses. Word on the street has it that there is a nice little outro at the end as well.

:lol::lol:

Since we're reading any and all information for clues about new album progress, what do you make of the fact that the latest video from U2.com (with Adam driving) is called "Final Drive"? Did anybody pick up on that yet, and what (if anything) might it suggest?

Since we're reading any and all information for clues about new album progress, what do you make of the fact that the latest video from U2.com (with Adam driving) is called "Final Drive"? Did anybody pick up on that yet, and what (if anything) might it suggest?

I noticed that. It could only mean something good, I'd think. Especially with the timing of this Apple and (RED) stuff.

4) Jamming along with the song does not mean it isn't finished...just like singing along with the song doesn't mean its not finished. And given Bono's musical abilities...I mean, really, need I say more?

I'd just like to say that...."given Bono's musical abilities" ?!?! Ummmm...you might want to rephrase that....:eyebrow:

Well, there are a few good men on this thread just now, but I have to leave. The new album out post-Christmas? Single post Grammy deadline? Release in Slow January or even not until Spring? Album, single, and tour news treading all over the publicity for Spiderman in 2009? I'm not buying any of this. I will be buying a new U2 record in November though :sexywink:

I'd just like to say that...."given Bono's musical abilities" ?!?! Ummmm...you might want to rephrase that....:eyebrow:

You're entitled to your opinion but I'm fairly certain 94% of the people who read that understood and agreed almost instantaneously and never gave it another thought.

But to be fair, perhaps I should have said "instrumental abilities". Happy?

Bono's lack of instrumental input into the band is legendary to the level of Edge's hat-wearing.

oh also..it seems like so many of you a few months ago were saying how you don't appreciate Bono's hype and misleading descriptions blah blah...basically some of you just wanted Bono to shut up until the record was released...and let the album speak for itself...it's been pretty damn quiet considering how close we are....and now...... everyone is frustrated!!! I mean what do you really want? It's all seeming a bit backward to me :shrug:

Maybe WE should just shut up until the album is released. ;)

You're entitled to your opinion but I'm fairly certain 94% of the people who read that understood and agreed almost instantaneously and never gave it another thought.

But to be fair, perhaps I should have said "instrumental abilities". Happy?

ah yes that's better...seeing as Bono is the singer, not the guitar player anyway :shrug:

and I'm sure most people read that didn't think twice about it like you said....I just wanted to make sure that you really didn't mean his "musical abilities" cause umm...that would be pretty foolish ;)

Well, there are a few good men on this thread just now, but I have to leave. The new album out post-Christmas? Single post Grammy deadline? Release in Slow January or even not until Spring? Album, single, and tour news treading all over the publicity for Spiderman in 2009? I'm not buying any of this. I will be buying a new U2 record in November though :sexywink:

Amen.

Add "Final Drive" as another solid piece of evidence for November.

And although it hasn't been brought up as much lately, especially because the producers started yapping, do people remember the point I brought up earlier--that the band were taking a consciously "hush-hush" approach to this album as compared to previous ones. Now, that may not have a lot to do with this current debate, but I think the concept of taking a fresh approach to hype/quotes/pre-album marketing/etc. is tied in with this--especially with Edge's (if he really said anything) recent (or not-so-recent) comments.

oh also..it seems like so many of you a few months ago were saying how you don't appreciate Bono's hype and misleading descriptions blah blah...basically some of you just wanted Bono to shut up until the record was released...and let the album speak for itself...it's been pretty damn quiet considering how close we are....and now...... everyone is frustrated!!! I mean what do you really want? It's all seeming a bit backward to me :shrug:

Maybe WE should just shut up until the album is released. ;)

Amen to that. You are right that people would actually be more angry at getting a Bono quote than getting nothing--happened a decent amount with pre-Bomb stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom