New U2 Album Discussion (alt title: Lose Your Will To Live Here)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like I don't need to read back any?

You know, if the album is indeed done (and I stand by the opinion that based on the info we have, this is a strong possibility), then this new Spiderman bullshit isn't going to impact anything.

And if the album isn't already done, then there was no way it was going to come out this spring anyway, which means this Spiderman bullshit STILL isn't going to impact anything.

So yeah.

No, they were involved in the Kevin Kolb, Brett Favre, Wrangler jean mix up deal.

It's possible, though, that they'll be going with Devin Harris back to Dallas, or maybe Bono goes to Denver so Mozgov goes to Brooklyn New Jersey and the Edge goes to Dallas.

Sounds like I don't need to read back any?

You know, if the album is indeed done (and I stand by the opinion that based on the info we have, this is a strong possibility), then this new Spiderman bullshit isn't going to impact anything.

And if the album isn't already done, then there was no way it was going to come out this spring anyway, which means this Spiderman bullshit STILL isn't going to impact anything.

So yeah.

I completely agree, i don't think the band as a whole (particularly Larry and Adam) would allow the musical to delay the next big u2 album. If Bono and the Edge are writing new songs for spiderman, i'd bet it's either because the album's done, or they've dropped it, or they can afford to work on both at the same time.
I mean, when interviewed in south africa, didn't Edge say they'd just flown in from new York, where they were working with danger mouse?
I don't think they'd allow spiderman to have such an impact on the bands plans.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i think larry would stab bono in the neck with his drum stick if this shitty play delayed any new album.

Don't you mean shitty play imaeeho?

If there is no album this year, and it comes out that Spiderman was in fact the culprit, then Julie Taymor will be dead to me.

If there is no album this year, and it comes out that Spiderman was in fact the culprit, then Julie Taymor will be dead to me.

Not as dead as her career will be though. Seriously, who's ever gonna invest their money in her work again?!?

Honestly, no, I think a lot of those fans have probably moved on, and perhaps more to the point, they don't newly attract that demographic anymore, as they did right up to (and probably including) ATYCLB. U2 used to have a foot in both camps - I don't think they do anymore.

As for their want for hits, yes they always have wanted hits. But you've got to be stupid to not be able to notice the difference in how they're coming about, and where they're coming from. The only argument really is whether thats deliberate or whether its just them losing touch, or losing ability, or losing inspiration. If you can't see the key difference between Vertigo and the Fly, or Crazy Tonight and Still Haven't Found... I can't help you. Keep on arguing that U2 are exactly the same as they've always been.

I suppose you could argue both. Perhaps in what you hear, it sounds like the songs were getting too complex, i.e. they were spending too much time trying to perfect them, or whatever, and they overshot. But at the very least, when it came to wrapping it up, Pop was rushed. Clearly rushed. The giveaway is in the mixing and editing. I personally wouldn't change anything about any of the songs on Pop in terms of structure or arrangement or whatever, but there are some clear mixing/editing fuck ups that do just scream rush job, or 'unfinished'. But then given what the Best Of versions of those songs sound like, I'll take Pop as it is thanks - cock ups and all.

Very well said! They rushed the completion of Pop, but they worked on the songs for a really long time. I love the complexity of the album; there's a lot going on, and that's been missing since then, though No Line does have some really good arrangements.

I hope that the Danger Mouse record is comparable to the Good, the Bad, and the Queen. All of his records sound great, but that one is the best, and he had a very positive impact on Albarn's songwriting.

The Spider Man thing was an awful idea from the beginning. But it would have gone a lot better if Traymor had read some fucking comics! Or if someone had said, "you know, you've taken a bad idea and made it worse."

I've heard Radiohead described as lots of things, but "mindless drivel" has not been one of them. It's funny, because a common complaint is that they're too cerebral! I don't think either describes them accurately. And before anyone gets mad because they think I'm insulting Bono, I think he's a very smart man!

I love Radiohead but I've heard them described as mindless drivel all too often.

that's weird, maybe the worst description of a band I've ever heard, aside from all those people who describe Nickleback and Creed as "good".

that's weird, maybe the worst description of a band I've ever heard, aside from all those people who describe Nickleback and Creed as "good".

I do think the whole Radiohead sound as a whole is monotonous and boring. It's not bad music, but it's not exciting (and lacks the atmosphere that I enjoy in music).

Nickelback... bad... Creed... cmon now they're not great but they're not Nickelback.

I do think the whole Radiohead sound as a whole is monotonous and boring. It's not bad music, but it's not exciting (and lacks the atmosphere that I enjoy in music).

Nickelback... bad... Creed... cmon now they're not great but they're not Nickelback.

Oh, Creed are much, much worse than Niclkeback. They are the worst rock band that has ever existed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom