New album talk: I heard that it was big but this... is really big

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing that is giving me hope that we'll see a fresh sounding, cohesive album with some new sounds, beats etc is that they're still working with DM. The fact they haven't released anything yet, hardly anyone has heard it (or if they have they're pretty much keeping schtum) and most importantly they've not drafted in any of the old guard to finish it up really makes me think we're going to get something which is, at the very least, much more interesting than the last few albums have been.

Agreed :up:

True, that one is, to me, the best version I've ever heard, despite the imperfections (missing a few lyrics). It's probably the imperfection of it that allows Bono and Edge to overcompensate enough to actually make it great. That performance is proof to me that U2 are -- at their most inspired -- the same band we have all fallen in love with. Here it is again in all its glory:

Bono And The Edge Stuck In A Moment Live Letterman 2011. Part 2...ALE - YouTube

Yes. That's pretty much what I thought when I saw it. God, they really are still that good. They've been that good all along! That's a great feeling. The interplay between them, the improvised lyric (and Bono's look of triumph when Edge misses a chord) are just great. I like how at the end Bono put his hand on his chest and shakes his head, like he's just blown his own mind.

Why? Because the band are in it for the money more then ever.

Please, they do not have to do another album or show and they and their families are set for life. That is a ridiculous statement. Sorry.

I think you mean they are in it for the popularity. They want to be popular and liked across the board. They have pulled that off several times previously. Most bands or artists never do it once (and don't kid yourself, MOST artists want it even if they don't admit it). It does not make them bad people or mean the music is bad.

Eventually this band will stop making music and stop touring. Enjoy what you can get while you are still getting it.

Please, they do not have to do another album or show and they and their families are set for life. That is a ridiculous statement. Sorry.

I think you mean they are in it for the popularity. They want to be popular and liked across the board. They have pulled that off several times previously. Most bands or artists never do it once (and don't kid yourself, MOST artists want it even if they don't admit it). It does not make them bad people or mean the music is bad.

Eventually this band will stop making music and stop touring. Enjoy what you can get while you are still getting it.

:up: :up: :up:

Yes.

:applaud:

Amen, brother :up:

You should add this to; you can't speak knowledgeably about music theory and you can't speak knowledgeably about religion. Man, that's three strikes...

I know a lot more about religion then most people, it all know that atheists know more about relgion then relgious people.
Im an Humanist and have been it for almost my whole life and I have read alot about religion. I have debate with a few telogs through times through the years and asked questions they cant asnwers.

So instead of acting rude BVS to me, try to be nice to people. It helps, like Confucius said(long before Jesus):
"Do not do to others what you do not want done to yourself"

Bono have told the press that they realy want a radio-hit, which make the odds for an more deep album smaller...(thats what I call "in it for the money)

I know a lot more about religion then most people, it all know that atheists know more about relgion then relgious people.
Im an Humanist and have been it for almost my whole life and I have read alot about religion. I have debate with a few telogs through times through the years and asked questions they cant asnwers.
Because you 'know' a lot more about religion than most people, all atheists have more knowledge about religion than religious people?

All right....

So instead of acting rude BVS to me, try to be nice to people. It helps, like Confucius said(long before Jesus):
"Do not do to others what you do not want done to yourself"

Bono have told the press that they realy want a radio-hit, which make the odds for an more deep album smaller...(thats what I call "in it for the money)

That's what I call cultural relevancy.

To me this sounds like a song perfectly suited for this movie. Who is to say that the album will sound anything like this song? Some people are freaking out over nothing...

got this from the atu2 forums

"We are in the studio finishing the album. Now we are in the bad phase in which we have realized that the benefits of new technology leads us to have hundreds of options. Instead of the creative process [going] faster, it [slows down]. That's where we are now. We are in a situation where we have so many options that do not know what to do."

Larry sobre el nuevo disco de U2: “Tenemos tantas opciones que no sabemos qué hacer”

"We are in the studio finishing the album. Now we are in the bad phase in which we have realized that the benefits of new technology leads us to have hundreds of options. Instead of the creative process [going] faster, it [slows down]. That's where we are now. We are in a situation where we have so many options that do not know what to do."

Larry sobre el nuevo disco de U2: “Tenemos tantas opciones que no sabemos qué hacer”

:yikes: everybody keep calm

Now all we need is Edge to say something that's totally contradicting what everyone else has been saying.

I love this game. Guess who's closer to the truth. Sometimes I wonder if these guys really are in a recording studio together.

Didn't McGuiness talk about this in U2 By U2? How recording now gives them too many options, and when you're choosing between mix 127 and mix 128, you've lost the plot?

:banghead:

Ok :help:

:pray:

U2 lies. They liessses my preciousss!!!

I mean I'm pretty sure each one of them is in some recording studio recording something, but sometimes I wonder if they are indeed recording the same album together :lol: Everyone has their own theory.

At least we know all four of them were in London yesterday for a trip with the underground.

To me this sounds like it's regarding to the mixing of the album, not the recording. Otherwise why would it only be now that it's a problem and not all along?
Relax, it's all good!

Didn't McGuiness talk about this in U2 By U2? How recording now gives them too many options, and when you're choosing between mix 127 and mix 128, you've lost the plot?

I'm of the old-fashioned opinion that the music is either there or it isn't. If it's there, an artist shouldn't need 128 mixes of anything. And if all this new fangled technology is really causing them such consternation, they could always...simplify the way they go about things.

Wow I don't know how anyone could read Larry's quote and then make assumptions about the time line. He's clearly talking about the process here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom