Most 'beautiful'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boystupidboy

Refugee
At the risk of sounding like a girl,i think i've just played one of the most beautiful songs ever.Promenade(UF) is a fantastic song,i'd forgotten all about it:drool: One of u2's best i dare to suggest:|

Promenade is one of U2's most amazing songs and means a lot to me. On my rankings of beautiful songs:

1. Heartland
2. Promenade
3. Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
4. Drowning Man
5. Running To Stand Still

I wondered how long it would take you to reply:wink: I'm going thru' a u2 're-love' at the moment,digging out older stuff.Most of it has stood the test of time.i even like UF probably more than i ever have :ohmy:

boystupidboy said:
I wondered how long it would take you to reply:wink: I'm going thru' a u2 're-love' at the moment,digging out older stuff.Most of it has stood the test of time.i even like UF probably more than i ever have :ohmy:

:heart: UF

You'd never guess I'm a UF fan.

Promenade is wonderful in so many ways, and I dare not try to put it into words. There's a certain something about that song that makes it an intense personal favourite. Plus, it's part of the incredible flow that is Promenade --> 4th Of July --> Bad, AND it flows perfectly both in and out of The Unforgettable Fire.

UF has never been one of my favourite u2 albums(even though it was the first one i ever owned on cd)But it does have a few monster tracks that make it a well deserved u2 catalogue member,bad/prom/homecoming/wire ummmmmmmmmmm goooood tunes:drool:

Aardvark747 said:

Is it just me, or does :rockon: seem a bit out of place for Heart:drool::drool:land?

Everyone should enjoy UF once a day for good musical health. Especially ASOH and UF --> Bad.

It is "Cherry you dance with me"...isnt it?:eyebrow:
That's what I've always sang, and that's what's written on U2.com...

Some ppl on here tho have said "Charity dance with me" before tho...:eyebrow:

Aardvark747 said:
It is "Cherry you dance with me"...isnt it?:eyebrow:
That's what I've always sang, and that's what's written on U2.com...

Some ppl on here tho have said "Charity dance with me" before tho...:eyebrow:

I've always heard it as 'charity', which can be synonymous with love. 'Cherry you' in its place makes no sense.

Aardvark747 said:

I know Axver - i'm sorry!! I just can't help but love this smiley!
I'm abusing it too much I think!!:wink:

Heee, the little guy is good fun! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: Look at him go! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

We need an HMTMKMKM/The Fly thread.

boystupidboy said:
At the risk of sounding like a girl

:laugh: You girls in this thread have good taste ;)

For me, most beautiful songs are:

Heartland
Running to stand still
With or without you
All I want is you
Stay (especially the Elevation acoustic version)

Last edited:
I personally don't like the acoustic Stay at all. But electric Stay, 28 August 1993 ... :drool: :drool: :drool:

Coca cola, football...... those are two of the most important things in my life!
btw by football i mean soccer!

beautiful song..... VERY UNDERRATED.....as is 'Stuck in a moment you can't get out of'.... it's a crime not to appreciate songs like this

oh almost forgot :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom