MERGED-->RARHOF Broadcast + rock n hall of fame... u2 at the rock n roll hall of fame

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
did you guys see u2 at the rock n roll hall of fame

OMG,

that introduction by bruce springsteen, and to me has to be "THE GREATEST ROCK BAND IN THE WORLD" u2 i'm not irish, but i really wanted to be after watching this. these guys from dublin are just awesome...... i cant wait for tour to start, it's gonna be awesome, no band has me in awe like u2, i mean i have them up there with hendrix, clapton, just awesome.............................sjj2xs

How could they cut out half of Pride?! I can read Bono's speech later, I would have rathered to hear Pride!

Fantastic performances!!! I fucking loved it! Just wished they had given us all of Pride. Still good! Bruce was great at ISHF. I loved how Adam thanked the guys' wifes, that was cool and leaving Larry's speech after Vertigo wasen't a bad idea. Now I wanna see it!! :hyper:

Last edited:
Ok, the whole U2 bit was a fucking incredible 40 minutes of television. Springsteen's speech was brilliant, hilarious, moving, I laughed, I cried, I begged for more.

I'm taking the Shoutcast offline, since U2's part is over, and I need the bandwidth to upload the MP3s :)

Yeah i think it was just a line or two, I think the part about hip hop being inducted in 25 years. I taped it, so I'll have to check my tape.

I'm uploading it to a non-YSI server, and it'll be there in 15 minutes or so. I can only keep it there for a bit, so I hope people will help mirror it on YSI!

I'll post again as soon as it's uploaded. It's cut up into 3 parts:

1) video intro / bruce / bono / until the end of the world
2) edge / pride / bono / I still haven't found what I'm looking for
3) adam / vertigo / larry

I think that's right, anyhow. Feel free to re-splice and upload the files however you like :)

Great show by VH-1, in my opinion. U2 stole the night...and I can't think of a better way to capture the performances than this:

Originally posted in another thread
An EP with the songs from the R&R Hall of Fame Induction makes sense for the 25th Anniversary single...if COBL was the A-side, with these performances included on a 5 song EP, then it would be U2's first, and maybe last, legitimate shot at a number 1 song in the U.S. since 1987. They would have to release the CD and also a download version. It makes sense if they really want to make this a memorable and even collectable release...and it would be a smash hit around the world.

Back
Top Bottom