MERGED--> ALL discussion about the Upcoming IMAX film

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
NEW U2 movie heading to IMAX!!!

We all know that there were 3D cameras in Buenos Ares, and it captured a film that is due for release sometime soon... I have special connections and I was able to get a movie poster... it's top secret, but I'm showing you first!

24831u2mmam.jpg

U2 IMAX is gonna be fuckin amazing. I'm glad we have one here in Indy :drool:

I wonder when it will be released...?

DignityPassesBy said:
wow they look completly different on the 4th leg :wink:

and seemingly armless :hmm:

jaws3poster.gif

This came out when I was 5 or 6...we were all given the "special" glasses before entering the theatre. Nothing quite beats exploding shark bits in 3-D! As the poster says,
The third dimension is terror. Oooooo.

I remember seeing Terminator 1 or 2 I don't remember which, in 3-d when I was like 7....that was amazing...

*loves living near Chicago and it's 3-d IMAX* My friends are already ready to take me practically every weekend.

So do you guys think this will eventually play in regular theaters or if it will be completely exclusive to IMAX theaters? The nearest IMAX for me is like 200 miles away.

cjboog said:
I have never needed and kind of eyeware at the IMAX in my town

I'm in CA now, so I have to hunt down where an IMAX is. In MA, though, I knew of two, one fairly close to where I lived. Both IMAX theaters showed two types of films: 2D and 3D. The 2D films were like the recent "Harry Potter" movie. The main attraction there is that you see this film on a HUGE screen with great sound. This is ideal for a heavy special effects film, like the "Harry Potter" or "Matrix" franchises. Then there were the 3D films, like "Polar Express" or "Santa vs. the Snowman" (the latter was so cute you felt like slapping a baby after seeing it just to return to some sense of "normal"). These both required glasses to enjoy (not the silly red and blue glasses, but polarized glasses).

I would imagine that for an IMAX 3D release, any U2 concert would require the audience to wear the glasses as well. I'll be stunned if they can create the technology so that we don't need glasses (even at home).

Ok, in regards to goggles fo watch 3D, dont quote me on this but the new 3d technology in theatres (minus goggles) will be repeatable at home through the medium of the new DVD hardware (Blu-Ray and HD DVD) via a HD TV.

Back
Top Bottom