Live Songs that U2 forgot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MOFO MOFO MOFO MOFO MOFO MOFO MOFO MOFO MOFO MOFO MOFO MOFO MOFO MOFO MOFO MOFO MOFO MOFO MOFO MOFO MOFO MOFO MOFO MOFO MOFO MOFO MOFO MOFO MOFO MOFO MOFO MOFO MOFO MOFO MOFO MOFO MOFO MOFO MOFO MOFO

MOFO
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Electrical Storm
Ultraviolet
Dirty Day
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
The Ground Beneath Her Feet
Please
11 O'Clock Tick Tock(Not The Slow Version)
Last Night on Earth
Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
MIAMI
Exit
A Sort Of Homecoming
Like A Song ...
Zooropa

If Any One of These Songs Are Played Next Tour, I Will Be A Very Happy Person.

Edge said in U2 by U2 that he just didn't think LNOE matched up to NYD or SBS or the likes which is why they don't play it anymore.

I'd say the true injustices here are Mofo and Gone. A Sort of Homecoming also need some props. Zooropa and Dirty Day never really were played much anyway, but were fantastic live (although Zooropa was too shortened).

phillyfan26 said:
Edge said in U2 by U2 that he just didn't think LNOE matched up to NYD or SBS or the likes which is why they don't play it anymore.

I'd say the true injustices here are Mofo and Gone. A Sort of Homecoming also need some props. Zooropa and Dirty Day never really were played much anyway, but were fantastic live (although Zooropa was too shortened).
Obviously Edge doesnt know what is best for U2. :wink:

LNOE defenitly could replace those songs. Live it's just so great.

Agreed. I qualified as a casual fan when I saw U2 live, but the songs that really impressed were the ones I'd never heard before like UTEOTW, which blew my mind. If it rocks enough (and LNOE certainly does) the fans will enjoy it even if they're not familiar with it.

"Twilight"
"October"
"Two Hearts Beat As One"
"A Sort of Homecoming" & "The Unforgettable Fire"
(Please, my dear band, bring those tunes back in your setlists!)
"Exit"
(Let's also celebrate a comeback of this tune, folks!)
"God Part II"
"Acrobat"
(...should finally get a full band outing, shouldn't it?)
"Dirty Day"
"Discotheque '05"
"Crumbs From Your Table"
"Mercy"...

phillyfan26 said:

yeah I know, but that's a stupid standard, because of course you're gonna get a bigger crowd reaction out of NYD and SBS; they're classics that the fans have known for years.

silly edge

AtomicBono said:

yeah I know, but that's a stupid standard, because of course you're gonna get a bigger crowd reaction out of NYD and SBS; they're classics that the fans have known for years.

silly edge

yeah , silly boy.

phillyfan26 said:

:yes: It sounds like a UTEOTW rip-off to me.

I'd like to see Stay and Dirty day and Gone and Please get back.

Songs id like to see return to the set for the next tour are:-

MOFO
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Please
Discotheque
Acrobat
Zooropa

It would be nice to hear Acrobat played regulary on the next tour, also give Zooropa a good few plays to. Even better than the real thing hasn't been played regulary since popmart. Mofo should be a definite inclusion, it's such a great song.

Seconds
October
Unforgettable Fire
ASOH
Hawkmoon
UltraViolet
One Tree Hill
Please

in gods country instead of new years day

love is blindness instead of one

please instead of bullet

Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
Ultraviolet
One Tree Hill
A Sort Of Homecoming

I've love to jump in and suggest U2 do Pearl Jam or Bruce Springsteen style setlists and throw stuff in left, right and centre from their entire catalog night after night. But we know that isn't U2.

So trying to make realistic suggestions. I'll give up on mentioning anything from Boy through to TUF since all we can expect from there are the staples we have received time and time again.

Moving onto JT. I can't see any reason why songs like In God's Country, Trip Through Your Wires and Exit can't be dragged out. I think OTH being played at those last few Vertigo shows is proof that other JT songs would work perfectly well in a 'modern' U2 setlist.

Moving into the 90's (AB and beyond) there is way too many songs that have been forgotten. Songs from Zooropa and Pop have been greatly underplayed.

It remains to be seen what happens with ATYCLB and HTDAAB and whether the usual trend of dropping almost everything bar 2 or 3 songs on future tours is maintained.

I think the Vertigo tour had some amazing setlist variations by U2's standards. I hope this is a sign of things to come.

Hopefully more zooropa and pop songs get a return next tour like the way AB did.

I would like Please , Discotheque and if you wear that velvet dress to be broguht back into the setlist.

I'd like to see my all-time fav U2 song, A Sort of Homecoming, but don't think Bono could pull it off anymore...even the truncated versions he did in the '80s (i.e. as captured on Wide Awake in America).

So...the Unforgetable Fire will have to do.

And, i'd like to see MOFO.

Did they ever sing Wire live? I never heard a version. Did it sound good or clunky?

"Wire" sounded pretty great live, in my opinion.

Didn't they talk about how difficult it was playing "In God's Country"? Not a hard song, but the tempo of it tripped them up.

Back
Top Bottom