Live Aid '85 DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ryan Ronholm

Babyface
I got the DVD set just after it came out. It is wonderful, as long as you like a lot of the bands that are on there.

Sting, doing the Police songs is really good. Bowie sounded terrific, as did The Who. Elton John was on. Phil Collins was drunk but otherwise, pretty good too.

And yes, Queen was the best of the show, even though I would agree with anyone who said that U2 "stole" the show.

There are a lot of bands on there, including Madonna, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton and a whole lot more.

It is a great set, it is for charity, but ask yourself whether or you really want to see just U2 doing Bad and SBS and want to pay for it. Me, I love the stuff that is on there, so yeah, it was a no-brainer.

Hope this helps.

Ryan Ronholm said:
Phil Collins was drunk but otherwise, pretty good too.

WHAT :ohmy:

Have a watch at Against All Ods on the Piano ... is that a "drunk" perfomance? :eyebrow:

I've been wanting to get this for some time now but it's so damn expensive. :(

But all those 80s bands and artists :love:

I would say Phil Collins looked a bit stoned yes. He also screwed up a few times on the piano but he still put on a great show. He was also the only one to play both shows so he may have also been a bit tired.

Back
Top Bottom