Ireland maps and aerial photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alreadygone

The Fly
where the bright lights and big city meet
This site is very cool! http://interactive2.iol.ie/maps/iolmap.asp

Anyone recognize this?
vicoroad.jpg

--
And your heart beats so slow
Through the rain and fallen snow
Across the fields of mourning
Lights in the distance

Oh don't sorrow, no don't weep
For tonight, at last
I am coming home
I am coming home

Walk to the Water

"She took the back way home,
past the lights at Summerhill"
summerhill.jpg

"Turned left onto the North Strand"
strand.jpg

"and on, and towards the sea"
howth.jpg

(this is Howth Road--connects up with North Strand and literally runs east to the sea)

"He said he was an artist"
van-gogh-self-portrait.jpg

"But he really painted billboards
In large capital letters,
In large capital letters"
home06.jpg

"A room in the Royal Hotel"
royalhoteldublinphoto1.jpg

*giggle* Gawd, the web is so fun.
--
Walk, walk, walk...to the water
Walk with me...yeah
Walk, walk, walk...to the roadside
Walk with me again

How hopeless am I??? I have written, complete instructions to Adam's house(thanks AM), and I still can't find it on that site. I've probably spent an hour looking.
AHHHHHHH!!!!
Maybe I need to calm down a little.

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
How hopeless am I??? I have written, complete instructions to Adam's house(thanks AM), and I still can't find it on that site. I've probably spent an hour looking.
AHHHHHHH!!!!
Maybe I need to calm down a little.

What's the address?

*blushes, realizing she should know that kind of thing*

That's it...I give up.
I think this web site rocks, but I can't find Adam's house for the life of me.
To make matters worse, I got confused by my directions, so whenever I go there, I'm not going to know my way.

I need to refine my directions, but I can post them if you want. AM gave them to me, and I sent her the link. She's the only one I know of who has been to his house, so hopefully she can confirm if this is it.
If you pan upwards a few times from this shot, you can see what I believe are the gates to his home. there's a long driveway, it doesn't help that no one here has been inside his property. I could be entirely wrong though.

hahaha! Cool! I found my house in University!!Haha!

iolmap.asp

Although doubt if it will work, but still, cool! They finally got these things working! But the pics are definitely about 5 years old, maybe even more

Originally posted by lazyboy:
hahaha! Cool! I found my house in University!!Haha!

Although doubt if it will work, but still, cool! They finally got these things working! But the pics are definitely about 5 years old, maybe even more

I was going to ask if anyone could tell how old these photos were.
Good to know

I don't have the address(I don't think anyone has it-or we would send him mail
biggrin.gif
)
Now that I've taken a shower, I feel better, so I'm gonna try again.

hmmmm, is this relevant or what?So maybe lesson learned...once again courtesy of U2.
No, no, alreadygone. I meant relevant to my own current situaTion and how I am going to deal with it.I realise the geographical value of landsat and aerial photography. My neighbour flew very very illegally low to get his photos. I woulda mowed the lawn if I knew he was going to be doing it.
btw, I loved the van gogh. I spend a lot of time painting large capital letters.and I wholeheartedly agree.... the web is a lot of fun
smile.gif

Peace

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 12-23-2001).]

Originally posted by alreadygone:
Any geographers out there?

Yeh, that was my college major! Wish I had known about THIS site when I took GIS (geog. information systems), would have given me a real reason to be studying aerial photos, lol.

I'm glad you all find this fun and educational. Aerial photography has been done by the governments of many countries and is used for many things other than gawking. Looking at historical photos will allow geologists, engineers, and architects to see the historical use of the land; this could prevent problems down the road. For instance, a geologist working on contaminated soil could examine historical photos to see if a gas station or oil well had once been on the spot. Urban development can be tracked this way; the effects of an oil spill... They're also used to make sure that maps are accurate, I think. Any geographers out there?

Anyway, because it's so common and used for so many purposes, I don't feel (too) bad about gawking. What's the difference between looking at that photo of Bono's house and taking a snap from the Killiney DART station? It's still a respectful distance, IMHO.

For the Americans out there--visit Microsoft's TerraServer: http://terraserver.homeadvisor.msn.com/default.asp to find your home, school, or rock star's home. (and a ps: can anyone tell me where Edge's Malibu home is?)

I will also try to capture the images of some of the links you've posted in this thread; will post them here if I'm successful.

Originally posted by clarityat3am:

That's what I thought too...where's the rest of their houses?
biggrin.gif
*is clinging fast to the belief that all 4 guys live in one house* DON'T CRUSH MY DREAMS!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~ Secretary of Scandalization
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

"Get me the Bean Giant!" ~Houdini~

Back
Top Bottom