Here's some new U2ey quotes! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2002, 03:02 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:12 AM
Here's some new U2ey quotes!

(taken from MTV Europe's Story about U2 : This is rock'n'roll with a conscience)

BONO: It's a nightmare making a U2 record -- it's one big row -- you know, people feel very strong about what they do. (referring to the making of AB)

EDGE: He's always had the instinct to get in touch with the audience phisically and i suppose he's one of those guys with that performer genious - just always had that ability to make an audience really get off - that's just the way it is. (talking about the Fly alter ego)

BONO: I was really flattered and honored when i got the Free your mind award, i don't think i deserve it. I think i got it on behalf of Jubilee 2000 who do deserve it, but em, i'm the singer, i turn up -- thunderous applause - and i get awards occasionally. (talking about Free your mind award)

LARRY: I don't know what people listen to them. I mean we've been trying to shut them up with the band for the last 20 years." (talking about critics who think U2 is over-trying to "save the world")

BONO: It's the sound of a band, you know, getting airborne. (talking about ATYCLB)

LARRY: There's unfinished business for U2, we have stuff that we got left to do. People think that when you get to a certain age you should quit and buy a fish firm and get into antics
-- [/i]Bono and Larry both chuckle, Bono mutters something like "Chinese road" [i] Chinese road, yeah we're not ready to do that.

EDGE: Adam just know all the right buzzwords, he secured himself a place in the band. He knew terms like "gig" and "plat drum", he codded us, we thought "he must be a great musician" and he was just as bad as the rest of us. (Talking about the early years)

EDGE: It's not arriving that's important, it's the footsteps to arriving that's important - that's certainly the case with this band. (Early interview bit)

BONO: Now there needs to be an injection in music - that's what our band is about. (Early interview bit)

LARRY: Yeah he invented mushy! [/] with a really playful, teasing voice, then he points at Bono after which they both laugh wholeheartedly
(Regarding Live Aid and Bono hugging the girl in the audience.)

BONO: Rock stars have feelings too, you know.
both Bono and Larry chuckle and laugh
(Regarding U2 going away and taking time out before AB)

ADAM: I thought if we have to do this particular thing for the next 20 years i'll go crazy. When he said that i thnk it let us of the hook to actually go off and explore what really did excite us and what was progress in our minds.
(About the "dream it all up again" speech)

EDGE: I don't think our best work is behind us, i think it's ahead of us. (Zoo TV interview)

BONO: It's our most serious record and yet it's got the least serious title. We pulled people off - everyone thought we'd lighten up - totally untrue, we're miserable bastards.
laughs [i]
(Talking about AB)

Old 10-30-2002, 05:41 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Old 10-30-2002, 10:21 PM   #3
The Fly

Local Time: 09:12 PM
I always love U2 quotes. Thanks!
Old 10-30-2002, 10:30 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Ah! I hadn't heard any of these before. Always fun to hear the band talk about themselves. Leads to many comedic situations.
Old 10-31-2002, 11:21 AM   #5
Babyface

Re: Here's some new U2ey quotes!

LARRY: There's unfinished business for U2, we have stuff that we got left to do. People think that when you get to a certain age you should quit and buy a fish firm and get into antics
-- [/i]Bono and Larry both chuckle, Bono mutters something like "Chinese road" [i] Chinese road, yeah we're not ready to do that.

Bono was talking about packing it up and buying a Chinese RUG. What he means is a fancy rug or carpet, like the kind people buy when they retire.
Old 10-31-2002, 01:06 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Re: Here's some new U2ey quotes!

Quote:
Originally posted by U2girl
EDGE: I don't think our best work is behind us, i think it's ahead of us. (Zoo TV interview)
Edge aso said that in during an interview in late summer of the last year. Sometimes I hae a good memory - especially then when the thing I remember isn't important at all.
Old 10-31-2002, 01:41 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Re: Re: Here's some new U2ey quotes!

Quote:
Originally posted by shira

Bono was talking about packing it up and buying a Chinese RUG. What he means is a fancy rug or carpet, like the kind people buy when they retire.
Oh, a rug. I thought that a whole road sounded a bit much to buy, but that's what it sounded like to me LOL!

Thanks for clarifying.

Glad you liked the quotes!
Old 10-31-2002, 08:50 PM   #8
Refugee

Local Time: 11:12 PM
Thank you very much U2girl for transcribing their quotes to us. Good girl.