Everlasting Love - Most popular b-side ever?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AussieU2fanman

Refugee
What's the deal with this song? I hear it all the time on the radio, both when it was around in the 80's and still through to today and it's only a b-side. It wasn't even released as a single or on any album. It's got to be the most popular un-released song ever (in terms of airplay). What do you guys reckon about this song?

In the Netherlands this song became a bigger hit than the A-side (All I Want Is You), even reaching the top 10!

It isn't my favourite B-side though (have to think about that one).

here in portugal, dancing barefoot had a lot of airplay and i still i don't know why.
Imagine that, actually in this "dead period" for u2, one of the most played songs here on the radio is the ground beneath her feet.

Wow, I've NEVER heard U2's version on the radio, but our stations only play Streets, WOWY, ISHFWILF, Stuck, BD, Elevation, SATS, One, and Sweetest Thing. Guess our DJs aren't big fans.

Well I've never heard it get any airplay in the places I've lived.

But it did make it in a really bad Ben Afleck movie and Dancing Barefoot made it in Threesome.

I would love to live in a town where the radio stations played U2 b-sides. There's a grand total of one radio station in my town where you have a decent chance of hearing their songs, and it's just the hits - never non-single album cuts or b-sides, and absolutely nothing from Zooropa or Pop.

I've never heard "Everlasting Love" anywhere...but I heard "Dancing Barefoot" in Bath & Body Works.

I heard Dancing Barefoot on the radio once - a very long time ago.

My top 3 U2 B-sides are as follows:

1) Unchained Melody
2) Lady with the Spinning Head
3) Night and Day (from Red Hot & Blue)

BonoVoxSupastar said:
really bad Ben Afleck movie
This phrase is, incidentally, the definition of "tautology."

I've never heard any U2 B-sides on the radio, but probably mostly because my local radio stations sucked.

Last edited:
My local radio station is horrible and I rarely hear U2 at all. I envy all of you who get to hear stuff from Pop. We just get the classics, and even then, sparingly.

However, I do remember back in my hometown in NZ, they'd play U2 a lot more. I was young then and only a casual fan, so it's hard to remember names, but I'm sure some b-sides got played. I do know the Red Rocks version of SBS was played on Wellington radio a few times ...

KROQ used to always play "Unchained Melody, Everlasting Love and Spanish Eyes" a lot during the early 90's.

I think all 3 made it into their (KROQ) top 106.7 songs during the years they came out.

commercial radio stations here play everlasting love. I have heard it heaps on the radio. Most commercial stations play a fair bit of U2 'hits' and the alternative stations also play their stuff- not many bands have that cross over appeal...

fave B-side for me is THE THREE SUNRISES:wink:

Everlasting Love does get played ... not as much now as it used to though. It's certainly the only B-side I've ever heard on my radio station, and I do love it. One of my top B-sides.

I never heard any b-sides played anywhere,not even on the radio.I do have a personal favorite though.Walk To The Water.It's kind of addicting for me.

I love the song and it is catchy and simple to play as a guitarist but it is not the best b-side. It is very radio friendly which is why a lot of people like it.

I've never heard a U2 album track on the radio, let alone a b-side :(

I have heard Pride though on Virgin Radio practically every day for the last week, and I only listen to the radio about 45 mins a day travelling...

david said:
The most underrated U2 b-side is probably the cover of Paint It Black.

I disagree, because I don't think it's underrated. I think it's a bad cover of a great Rolling Stones song. It's one of my least favourite B-sides. Then again, who cares? :shrug:

:)

Marty

as some might know im an equal rolling stones / u2 fan, but i really do not like the u2 paint it black cover; its one of their worst efforts :(

Back
Top Bottom