Edge´s Birthday Card And Present 2006!!!! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2006, 03:23 PM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 04:19 AM
Edge´s Birthday Card And Present 2006!!!!

EDGE´S BIRTHDAY CARD AND PRESENT 2006!!!!

Hello Edgers!
Ever, I think, is a good idea, to give as a birthday´s present to a guy who has everything in this world: a Birthday Card and a Surprise Party. A party is a private thing...so, the card is a nice way to the fans. But this year...
I would like to invite all of you to a campaign for a birthday present to The Edge: a donation in his honor to Music Rising, the cause which he and all the staff at Music Rising have developed to put instruments back into hands of Katrina and Rita´s victims. This time, I´m sure this is the perfect present to The Edge.

As a fan´s campaign, Music Rising´s website member named allezmusique, suggested, nicely, that the fans could donate $45.00 or $450.00 or more to celebrate the 45th Birthday of The Edge. (In fact you´re able to donate a minimum value of $5,00).

From my side, my contribution to this campaign is to make my own donation and a draw of 3 official Music Rising´s shirts to the fans who post a message to The Edge at EDGE´S BIRTHDAY CARD 2006. The shirts will be sponsored by myself. I´ll buy the shirts. The draw will be filmed and available on youtube (I´ll film it). This draw will happen on august 8th, and will retain the names of the fans who posted their message until August 6, 2006. Cutoff for claiming your shirt will be August 6th.

To post your message to The Edge:
You must to click on "comments :: 7.24.2006 :: "(IMMEDIATELY BELOW THE PHOTO AND THE MESSAGES); then will open a box, and you´ll write your name (Seu nome), your e-mail (Seu e-mail), your URL (Seu site) if you have one; after, type your message and click on "Salvar"; this box will be closed and will open another box, and all you need to do... click on "Fechar". I´ll copy the messages and I´ll past it on the post. This card will be sent to Cecilia Coffey-U2 World Service and to the P M Office in Dublin (I will copy the messages and will be sent by P.O.U2 - Principle Management / 30-32 Sir John Rogersons Quay / Dublin 2 / Ireland).
"Edge´s Birthday Card 2006":
http://www.reginaonumbcards.blogger.com.br

This is a campaign to present The Edge with a donation on his birthday in his honor; an increase in donations to Music Rising. Edge will be so happy to know in the time of celebrating his 45th B-Day, his fans increased the money to Music Rising´s goal. It´ll be great for him to know as we love him, as we love New Orleans and as we are with him, as he counts us in. This is in the name of love, and what love! The love to New Orleans there´s no limit. Edge knows it...

To donate to professional musicians:
To access an online application for Music Rising assistance:
To donate to churches, schools and comunity:
Go to
http://www.musicrising.org/
an click on DONATE

To buy the Music Rising tee shirt:
http://www.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebOb...rceCode=U2CWEB

To buy the Limited Edition Music Rising guitar:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/musicrising/

I encourage you to make a donation and mention your attitude when writing your message to The Edge, as I did. (OF COURSE, IT ISN´T NECESSARY, THE CARD AND THE DRAW NEED JUTS YOUR MESSAGE).

So, enjoy, wishing your best to The Edge and join him in Music Rising.

P.S. I must say, that I am not affiliated with Musicares or Music Rising. I´m just a fan who participates in Music Rising.

Any suggestion, critics, protests, additional info, support contact me:
reginaonumb@globo.com
http://edges-blog.blogspot.com

"I can´t imagine what it must be like to wake up one morning, to not have my guitar..." by Edge - Music Rising

http://www.musicrising.org
Old 07-24-2006, 07:11 PM   #2
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 11:19 PM
This is amazing. Wonderful idea. Thank you! I hope there is a considerable upward surge in the Music Rising coffers due to this endeavor!

Old 07-24-2006, 07:53 PM   #3
Refugee

Local Time: 12:19 AM
^
Old 07-25-2006, 12:26 AM   #4
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 11:19 PM
Now we must tell the ChicaEdge!
Old 07-25-2006, 01:22 AM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:19 AM
Thank you Regina! I have signed your card.

This is a terrific idea and thank you for starting it. I will donate to Music Rising as well. I hope we can all reach a substaintial amount for this great charity.

Old 07-25-2006, 09:07 AM   #6
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Carek1230
This is amazing. Wonderful idea. Thank you! I hope there is a considerable upward surge in the Music Rising coffers due to this endeavor!
oh thank you for your support. I´m sure the fans will give to The Edge this present.

Old 07-25-2006, 09:11 AM   #7
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Edgette
Thank you Regina! I have signed your card.

This is a terrific idea and thank you for starting it. I will donate to Music Rising as well. I hope we can all reach a substaintial amount for this great charity.

Edgette is a honor to have your name in this card. You´re one of the biggest Edgers in this planet. As devlin smith, as SpanishEyes21. I´m sure The Edge will be happy with the donations. Thank you so much Edgette, your name is a reference.

Old 07-25-2006, 03:09 PM   #8
War Child

This man deserves all our efforts to UP Music Rising!

Edge and his Gibson Explorer - Rio 2000 - It´s 'The Ground Beneath Her Feet!
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - nov 23, 2000. ATYCLB-promo tour. Just this year, 2006, Globo TV broadcasted it...5 years... Watch U2, with Edge and Bono on:

Red the first message to this post and SUPPORT Music Rising, CELEBRATE Edge´s 45th B-Day and WIN an official Music Rising shirt!

Old 07-26-2006, 03:23 PM   #9
War Child

'Where´s that champagne?"

A small clip of the boys in the Vertigo plane, rehearsals in Spaign, and Edge asking for a champagne ["Where´s that champagne?"], so funny...Watch it on
Old 07-27-2006, 05:31 AM   #10
Everything happens so much

Local Time: 06:19 PM
This is such a wonderful idea, I signed your card and said all the things I would love to let him know. I will certainly try to make a donation to Music Rising, even if it is only a small one, since I'm a teenager with no job
Awesome idea!!

striving for mediocrity in a world of excellence
Old 07-27-2006, 09:11 AM   #11
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Slopsy
This is such a wonderful idea, I signed your card and said all the things I would love to let him know. I will certainly try to make a donation to Music Rising, even if it is only a small one, since I'm a teenager with no job
Awesome idea!!
dear Slopsy, the beach is so beautiful, cause it has zillions of sand´s seeds...your attitude is so beautiful, and all of us are as the beach...each of us is a sand´s seed...and together, we able to transform ourselves in a beach, a beautiful beach in honor of Edge´s 45th B-Day and to support New Orleans. Congratulations, you´re a generous U2´s fan, as the band is!

Old 07-27-2006, 06:21 PM   #12
War Child

Ferociously bombard the audience

U2 play 'The Electric Co." in Nice, France, on august 5, 2005. They so ferociously bombard the audience with its signature Edge riff that you can't stop bouncing until 'The Electric Co.' is finished. Watch a short clip of "The Electric Co. / Bullet With Butterfly Wings (snippet) / See Me, Feel Me (snippet)" on
Old 07-27-2006, 06:24 PM   #13
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:19 AM

Edge

So glad to have him in the world!
Old 07-28-2006, 06:29 PM   #14
War Child

Swinging his guitar like a baseball bat

Boston, MA - October 03, 2005 - TD Banknorth Garden - Bono spoke a lot about Aids and his One campaign and how Tom Brady of the Patriots was the 2 millionth member to join The One campaign before the show. Bono joked that Tom wanted to wear the cool "One" rubber thing around his wrist to help him with his football. He also joked that the rumor The Edge was rooting for Carolina in Super Bowl 37 wasnt true and that if Tom Brady still had a problem with The Edge that Edge would meet him at the place of his choice and that they could settle it like real men. (Edge was next to Bono during this swinging his guitar like a baseball bat) Bono then warned Brady that he has known Edge for a long time and you don't want to mess with a man that makes his living using hand to eye coordination. Bono appears dressed in a Red Sox jersey, and leaves it on the microphone stand as he leaves the stage at the end. At the end of 40 Larry puts on the jersey before leaving. Watch it on

Old 07-29-2006, 11:58 AM   #15
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:19 AM

After the past year and a half of giving so much and persevering through so much, Edge deserves all the happiness in the world. I've already donated and wear my MR shirt proudly.

Thanks for continuing the tradition of the birthday card.
Old 07-29-2006, 06:34 PM   #16
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by PopDaisy

After the past year and a half of giving so much and persevering through so much, Edge deserves all the happiness in the world. I've already donated and wear my MR shirt proudly.

Thanks for continuing the tradition of the birthday card.
Congratulations for your atittude PopDaisy! You keep rocking in an EDGEWAY!

Old 07-29-2006, 06:38 PM   #17
War Child

Edge premieres 'Crumbs From Your Table'

September 23, 2005, Minneapolis, MN - Target Center. After 'All Because Of You,' Edge starts to play 'Crumbs From Your Table' for the first time. FANTASTIC. Watch it on

Read the first message in this post and SUPPORT Music Rising, CELEBRATE Edge´s 45th B-Day and WIN an official Music Rising shirt.

Old 07-30-2006, 04:41 PM   #18
War Child

He´s from another galaxy: he makes the best bridge!

Chicago, IL - September 21, 2005 (United Center) Edge is from the future. And not just from the future, but another galaxy in the future and makes that noise. Those are beautiful notes. The best bridge in this world, is one of the things which he makes that are from another galaxy. Watch the bridge: "Pride" to "Where The Streets Have No Name" on

The 40th B-Day of Edge in Barcelona

Barcelona, Spain - august 8, 2001 (Palau St. Jordi). A very warmth moment shared with all the people that filled the Palau S. Jordi. It was a celebration! On The Edge's Birthday, U2 prepared a special night with Bono(and 18.000 more) singing Happy Birtday when Edge and Bono got to the front of the heart, and with a surprise in Mysterious Ways: from the back of the stage appeared 6 girls carrying birthday cakes for our favourite guitarist and sitting on the screens portraying pictures of him (Joshua,Pop...). Watch 'Mysterious Ways' on

Read the first message in this post and SUPPORT Music Rising, CELEBRATE Edge´s 45th B-Day and WIN an official Music Rising shirt.

Old 07-31-2006, 04:52 PM   #19
War Child

"Original Of The Species" is the best video actually...and Edge, here, plays guitar

November 14, 2005 / Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena. Bono and Edge shoot a playful video with fans outside the arena in the afternoon, which includes Bono interviewing fans about The Edge. As the show starts, Bono takes the stage with a handicam and focuses on Edge for the first half of Blinding Lights. Terry Lawless is on stage for Original Of The Species (as Edge plays guitar), U2's new U.S. single. It replaces Miracle Drug, which isn't played for the first time this year. Watch on

Old 08-02-2006, 10:48 AM   #20
The Fly

Local Time: 11:49 AM
It's an amazing idea, thanks for it!!

I wrote a message to MR. The Edge, and I'm gonna donate Music Rising!