COBL = Where the streets have no name?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TheBrazilianFly said:
I don't find the beginning of Streets very similar with the beginning of COBL. It's classic 80's U2 with those high notes sounds from Edge's guitar.

I think this song has a mix of sounds from the atmospheric sounds and feel from The Unforgettable Fire and the guitars from Achtung Baby but at the same time with the maturity that we got from All That You Can't Leave Behind. :up:

I agree

jick said:
City Of Blinding Lights is nothing but a morph of a non-single from ATYCLB (When I Look At The World) and a B-side (Always) - with some Joshua Tree signature Edge guitars thrown in - and with a few lyrics picked up from the boyband/popstar songwriting manual.

To compare it with Streets would be blasphemous, sacrilegious, and whatever else have you.

Cheers,

J

move on, move on...you're holding up the traffic...... :blahblah: :yawn: :silent:

Can't agree with your post Jick. This song has something really special to it. And im only gonna think more of it when the studio version is released.
Can't say I feel that way about WILATW or Always.

When I look at the world is a straight out rocker turned into a lullaby, and Always started out as a poppy song, and then they added the right mix of sour into it and made it into Beautiful Day

Back
Top Bottom