Album cover - Fanning - SoE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just have Larry's kid standing in front of a white background, looking as much like Larry as possible, straight faced and holding a black balloon with a face on it.

BOOM.

Best album cover ever?

Also, it should be noted that the actual term pedophilia is in reference to adults and their desire for pre-pubescent children. Larry's kid is clearly older than that.

But let's make it sound as salacious as possible so we can throw out all kinds of puritanical judgements at the imagery, and then use it as a stick to wave at homosexuals.

:rolleyes:

Also, it should be noted that the actual term pedophilia is in reference to adults and their desire for pre-pubescent children. Larry's kid is clearly older than that.

But let's make it sound as salacious as possible so we can throw out all kinds of puritanical judgements at the imagery, and then use it as a stick to wave at homosexuals.

Indeed.
If someone's argument is that they don't like seeing a picture of partly undressed men, whether father and son or not, then say so.
I will still think you're a bigot, but at least I won't think you're a rat bastard trying to drag pedophilia into your hateful 'opinion'.

I must admit i hated it and i had abit of a shock value to the cover when i first saw it but now when i look at it its just another cover, i wouldnt say i like it but i have warmed abit to it.

And it's not a crime to be "homophobic"...it's only a crime to treat people unjustly.

Did you ever have some negative experience with "gay people"? Why would you say that it is not a crime to be homophobic? No it isn't, but why would you judge people by their sexual preferences?

You know, I am straight ... but close friends of ours are a gay .. and they are just decent people ... if they hold hands or kiss each other when we are out in a restaurant ... that is just fine with me ... so what is wrong with me, tell me !

So, to associate something negative with "being gay" or "looking gay" is just a self-limiting perspective on this world.

If the cover had been an attractive older woman clutching to an attractive, scantily-clad younger woman, AEON wouldn't have said anything. :wink:

I'm actually OK with him not finding male homosexuality aesthetically appealing. That's subjective enough. When it comes to limiting rights, that's when I believe someone can be objectively wrong (and harmful).

And yeah, this cover has nothing in common with pedophilia. That's just ridiculous.

If not liking the photo means your homophobic - then sign me up.

Perhaps the world could use a little homophobia these days...it sure beats homomania

What happened to you AEON? Six months ago or whatever you were quite constructive in putting forth your views. Now you just seem to have said "fuck it, I'll just sprout whatever garbage comes to my mind". It's really disappointing. :down:

Not exactly - A grown man caressing a bare-chested male child will still be considered provocative. Believe it or not - pedophilia is still taboo in Western Civilization.

This photo is atrocious and a desperate cry to be considered "in" with the Lady Gaga crowd. Especially considering the lyrics of "Sleep Like a Baby Tonight."

This is rubbish as well. Where's your protest against Twilight? In the shadows, boy meets man

And what's wrong with the lyrics of Sleep?

I think the cover is excellent, and love that U2 seem happy to take such risks again.
The same spiritthat drove them to include the shot of Adam rocking with his cock out on Achtung Baby.

It's amazing how the return argument against someone calling out hateful garbage is that they are 'entitled to their opinion'. I have the opinion that homophobes are immoral, caustic, bottom-dwelling, scummy cunts. That's my opinion. Anyone who wants to identify as one, you are a cunt.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

What the hell kind of Rush Limbaugh bullshit is "homomania"?

I could take or leave the album cover. It looks like it's trying a bit too hard to be provocative and clever with its imagery. But I wouldn't call it eeeew gross.

my teenage daughter pretty much thought it was "eeeewww" when she first saw it because she is basically at the stage where dads are just gross lol!! (and i'd told her it was father/son)

she said at the time she thought it worked really well as gay imagery (she has many gay friends at her high school), and then the next day told me she actually thought the image was beautiful and brave and "impressive for U2" after thinking on it some more

i love it, artistically, and as a mum with a grown child who is just leaving home - it sums everything up perfectly :heart:

It's amazing how the return argument against someone calling out hateful garbage is that they are 'entitled to their opinion'. I have the opinion that homophobes are immoral, caustic, bottom-dwelling, scummy cunts. That's my opinion. Anyone who wants to identify as one, you are a cunt.

:up:

people are entitled to their opinion if it is based in reality. homophobia isn't.

So I see this is still going on, huh. Okay...

2625891-7310528850-1f759.gif

Not exactly - A grown man caressing a bare-chested male child will still be considered provocative. Believe it or not - pedophilia is still taboo in Western Civilization.

This photo is atrocious and a desperate cry to be considered "in" with the Lady Gaga crowd. Especially considering the lyrics of "Sleep Like a Baby Tonight."

If not liking the photo means your homophobic - then sign me up.

Perhaps the world could use a little homophobia these days...it sure beats homomania

You've outdone yourself :|

Absolutely abhorrent.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

People wanna bring up gay imagery?

This:

villagepeopleedge.jpg

???

I do find this album cover more of a serious image then the u2 potrayed in the discotheque video. That was all tounge in cheek really wasnt it

If this is the official album cover, I am just shaking my head in disbelief :ohmy:
WHY?
WHY?
There are so many ways to express the album songs and its meaning with so
many other images.
:doh:

Back
Top Bottom