3-5 years!..Does anyone think it will be that long?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fanatic4ever

Blue Crack Addict
A question for all of ya...

Do you all agree that it will be 3-5 years before U2 comes back to the states? I have seen this posted by a few people in another forum here.

I personally, don't believe this...For one, they may be releasing a new album this year(there are some pretty strong rumors going round)..So you know that they are gonna promote it here in the states at some point..I heard some rumors that they will probably come back sometime in 2003. Thats next year..not 3 yrs from now.. And obviously they are about to announce a summer tour in Europe this year..So you know if the album gets released before the summer then Europe will get the first taste of it.. I know that they may take a break..but I don't think its gonna be a 3-5yr break..

I know that anything is possible..but I don't think that this is gonna happen...

What do you all think?

BTW.. sorry to sound like its official as far as the new album goes..I made a correction to what I stated..(thanks again, Kieran for pointing it out)I certainly didn't want to come across as this being fact, cuz its not(yet
wink.gif
)hehehe
------------------
If you twist and turn away
If you tear yourself in two again
If I could, yes I would
If I could, I would
Let it go
Surrender
Dislocate

[This message has been edited by U2Fanatic4ever (edited 01-14-2002).]

Originally posted by U2Fanatic4ever:
A question for all of ya...

Do you all agree that it will be 3-5 years before U2 comes back to the states? I have seen this posted by a few people in another forum here.

I personally, don't believe this...For one, they are releasing a new album this year..So you know that they are gonna promote it here in the states at some point..I heard some rumors that they will probably come back sometime in 2003. Thats next year..not 3 yrs from now.. And obviously they are about to announce a summer tour in Europe this year..So you know if the album gets released before the summer then Europe will get the first taste of it.. I know that they may take a break..but I don't think its gonna be a 3-5yr break..

I know that anything is possible..but I don't think that this is gonna happen...

What do you all think?

1. Rumours are rumours. I've yet to see any hard evidence that any new album is coming out this year.

2. I think you'll see the band back in the US well before two years are up, let alone three years. Unless they retire from touring or something.

------------------
"And you'll be standing there, while the boats go by
While the boats go by on a Friday evening
Shining your light, shining your light on a Friday evening
Got to slip away, got to slip away down that ancient highway
In a town called Paradise, in a town, in a town
All along, all along that road, all along that road
All along that road with the trancelike vision..."

I agree with ya there Kieran..

As far as the 'new' album goes..its still speculation and rumor.
I also agree with you that it will be sometime within the next two years..but not 3-5yrs..

We will just have to wait and see...*keeps fingers crossed that they will be back in the US in the next 2 yrs* One can certainly hope can they..
smile.gif

Thanks for responding...Kieran...

Peace!

------------------
If I could, yes I would
If I could, I would
Let it go
Surrender
Dislocate

I agree with ya there Kieran..

As far as the 'new' album goes..its still speculation and rumor.
I also agree with you that it will be sometime within the next two years..but not 3-5yrs..

We will just have to wait and see...*keeps fingers crossed that they will be back in the US in the next 2 yrs* One can certainly hope can they..
smile.gif

Thanks for responding...Kieran...

Peace!

Cheers. Sorry if my last post seemed a bit abrupt, but you appeared to 'know' U2 had an album out this year. I was, er, intrigued.

No biggie..Kieran!...
biggrin.gif

I didn't think you were abrupt at all! Thanks for pointing that out..I didn't realize how I worded my post... I certainly didn't mean to say it that way.

Peace!

------------------
If I could, yes I would
If I could, I would
Let it go
Surrender
Dislocate

No. I really think the new album will be out this year, so they will be in US way sooner than 3-5 years.

------------------

be uncool, yes be awkward

Originally posted by U2girl:
No. I really think the new album will be out this year, so they will be in US way sooner than 3-5 years.

What month are you planning on?

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

Originally posted by mikal:
What month are you planning on?

LOL!

I don't know, i'm guessing sometime after the Europe tour.

------------------

be uncool, yes be awkward

even though Europe didn't get that many Elevation dates it doesn't make much sense to me for U2 to continue the Elevation tour more than half a year after the last date in the US without a new album to accompany these new dates

I think a lot will depend on whether the band feels the album can be a commercial success

if they think it can be than I'm sure new dates in the US will follow to promote the album, if they don't think a commercial success is likely they might not tour the US and you will have to wait until the next album (than 3-5 years does sound very likely)

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

nah not 3-5 years they are on a roll and according to the news we got from an informed source not too long ago, they should be here in 2003....and that kind of makes sense UNLESS they decide not to tour the U.S. AT ALL after the new album and European Tour....I dont think thats the plan now but you never know what could happen...

Yep..I agree with ya Camilo..

I remember hearing that info from a informed source not to long ago..And as I stated before the rumors, and many of quotes in articles from the boys mentioned that they are back in the studio and finishing up on a new album. So, if it gets released this year which is what we are hearing then and if its a commerical success(as mentioned by Salome) which I think it will, they are on such a roll now that we should probably(odds seem real high) them in the US by sometime 2003, 2004 at the latest..This is just speculation but it seems thats how they may do it..

However, anything is possible..but as they have always said, they love the US and are so successful here I just can't see them not coming here with a new tour/new album if thats what is gonna happen. I think 2 years is the max we would have to wait but I don't think thats gonna happen...

Peace!

------------------
If I could, yes I would
If I could, I would
Let it go
Surrender
Dislocate

LOL!

I don't know, i'm guessing sometime after the Europe tour.

Errr...you were talking about the album, right mikal?

As for the next US tour, soon after the new album comes out. Early 2003?

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 01-14-2002).]

Errr...you were talking about the album, right?

I meant until I meet Bono and convince him to come to a karaoke bar with me.

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

Originally posted by mikal:
I meant until I meet Bono and convince him to come to a karaoke bar with me.

smile.gif
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 01-14-2002).]

but as they have always said, they love the US and are so successful here I just can't see them not coming here with a new tour/new album if thats what is gonna happen.
mmm, still since the US did already get a lot of Elevation dates (like the ZooTV tour) I still guess that if the next album is more experimental (like Zooropa) they might not tour the US this time around

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Yes salome...
that very well may be true...if thats how the new album is gonna be...But like you and all of us say...its still speculation and rumor ...who knows what will happen..if its not a experimental album and more commercial then we may see them here in the US..

Yes, we got alot of elevation dates...we got majorly spoiled here...and they may follow that pattern as they did with zooropa/zoo tv...I certainly can't dissagree with ya there..And that's all we can base it on right now til we hear some official news from the boys..

I'm prepared for this..if this is the way it goes..I just hope for the best thats all.

Mariana:
I'm great hun!..counting the days til we get to cali...I CAN'T WAIT..!! We will be in San Diego by the 3rd week in april..thats 3 months from now..! WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I'm not excited am I? LOL....hehehe
biggrin.gif

Keep in touch girl...cuz I expect some visits with you and family once we get to cali!...hehehe

------------------
If I could, yes I would
If I could, I would
Let it go
Surrender
Dislocate

Hi Mariana!!!

How are ya girl!!

Yep, we were and are spoiled here..and I so want to see them next year too!
biggrin.gif

<<<plans on doing alot praying!! lol

Peace!

------------------
If I could, yes I would
If I could, I would
Let it go
Surrender
Dislocate

Back