WWE and other wrestling.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At Royal Rumble 2007, the Undertaker emerged victorious in the actual Royal Rumble Event. This means that he will be in the Main Event at WrestleMania 23. More than likely, he will challenge Batista for the World Heavyweight Championship. The winner of the Rumble can choose to compete for any World Title at WM, but my guess is it'll be the WHC from SmackDown.

:drool: :drool: MY GOD, THIS WEEK's RAW was fantastic!! This past few weeks have been amazing! Finally HBK putting his eyes on the gold while feuding with Rated RKO, Cena and HBK winning the tag team championship, HBK trying to sweet chin music Cena, Their confrontation(God, HBK looked a really psycho with that look), Edge and Orton probably feuding and then... The Undertaker emerges. I never said this but... Congratulations WWE :thumbup:

well apart from the donald trump s*** even though real money falling from the ceiling was fun. Fun to see the people trying to catch as mutch as they could lol

Yeah, the show was pretty good this week. The best part was the end featuring the whole Cena/HBK confrontation. Then Taker showed up and gave the impression he's interested in the WWE Title. I'd rather see Taker battle Batista for the World Heavyweight Title. Batista doesn't deserve the Title and this will probably be Taker's last run with a major belt. He's never won the World Title before. Just like he never won the Rumble. Cena should take on HBK for the WWE title, but HBK should lose. If Cena beat HHH, then he should beat HBK. I know people want to see HBK win the belt again, but I can't buy Cena "losing" to HBK. Edge should take on Orton.

Yes, Raw was very good this week. Undertaker has indicated that he will take on Batista at WM for the WHC.
HBK overcame the odds and defeated Edge and Randy Orton in a triple threat match with the winner getting a shot at the WWE title at WM.
It also looks like Edge and Orton will battle each other at WM. Orton will more than likely be the face to Edge's heel.
Then there was Ric Flair's interaction with Carlito backstage. Very interesting. Flair got on Carlito about walking out before the Main Event of Raw and that that is the problem with "young stars" like Carlito. They have all the talent, but don't give a shit or aren't trying hard enough. Meanwhile, guys like Flair are busting their asses because their status is uncertain and they still have to prove themselves.
I like Carlito. Now, if you were slowly being pushed down the card after you had been given encouraging signs that, soon enough, you'd be at the top of the card, the wind would be taken out of your sails as well. Meanwhile, over on Smackdown, Batista doesn't have half the talent Carlito has and doesn't give a shit even more than Carlito, but he's the Champ. Why is he the Champ? Because, he's got the look that McMahon loves. Meanwhile, Carlito is no runt, but he's not as jacked as Batista. There lie the double standard in WWE. If your big, we'll push you.(see Batitsta, Chris Masters, Lashley) If you you're not, you better bust your ass twice as hard and hope we give you a shot.(see Carlito, CM Punk, RVD, Chris Benoit)Notice that the second group is a lot more talented than the first.
So Ric Flair might've been right in his promo, but WWE shitting on Carlito has a lot to do with his bad attitude.
PS: I'm really looking forward to Undertaker destroying Batista at WM and winning the World title.

Last night on a special Thursday night Raw, they had the big 8-Man tag team match with Taker/Batista/Cena/HBK vs Rated RKO/Kennedy/MVP. Of course, the Taker's team won, but then we had a confrontation between Taker/HBK and Batista/Cena. Taker chokeslammed HBK and Batista powerbombed Cena. Pretty cool main event.
Starting off the show, Donald Trump and McMahon met face to face in the ring. First, Trump suggested they face off at WrestleMania in a match with Trump vowing that he would "kick your ass" to McMahon. McMahon declined. Then Trump proposed that he and McMahon get people to fight for them. Who's ever side loses has to shave their head. So if Trump's guy loses, the Donald gets his head shaved. If McMahon's guy loses, Vince gets his head shaved. Even though I don't really like Trump, he was pretty funny in this segment. He made fun of his own hair and suggested that perhaps Vince might be wearing a rug.
After last week's encounter with Ric Flair, Carlito asked Flair to take back what he said about Carlito having no heart. Flair didn't back down so Carlito challenged him to a match later that night. Carlito and Flair had a good match, but the Natch pulled the old "feet on the ropes while pinning the guy" routine and got the victory. Carlito was pissed. He teased attacking Flair but instead shook his hand and walked away. Very good show.
This Sunday SmackDown is having their PPV No Way Out. The Main Event is HBK/Cena vs Taker/Batista. Should be interesting. Both teams will each face their partners at WrestleMania for their respective titles.
PS: Dusty Rhodes was announced as the first inductee for the 2007 WWE Hall of Fame Induction Class. Roddy Piper(returning from a life threatening battle with cancer) introduced him to the crowd. Rhodes cut one of his trademark promos, but was then interrupted by Umaga. Umaga attacked both men and eventually gave both a Samaon Spike.

Earlier today it was discovered that former ECW Champion, Mike Awesome, has died at the age of 42. Awesome is the 2nd wrestler to die this month. Scott "Bam Bam" Bigelow died a few weeks ago.

Yep. Another wrestler dead before 50.
Curt Hennig (aka Mr. Perfect), another wrestler who died before 50, was announced as being an inductee into the 2007 WWE Hall of Fame Class.

wtf, mr. perfect too? I just did a random serach on the Big Boss Man only to find out that he passed away some years ago too.

Who do you blame? The wwf/e for not doing enough to take care of these guys or for making them work so much over time? the wrestlers for accepting these risks or staying in it too long? I think the drugs and pain killers are part of the culture but that's what these guys knowingly accept as part of the gig, no?

Poor bastards, it's a curse to be a wrestler unless your hogan or the rock.

Perfect died in 2003.

Who do I blame? I can't completely blame McMahon because most the guys who died weren't working for him when they died. No one's putting a gun to these wrestler's heads and saying go out there or else. They have the freedom to quit. But, when wrestling is all that you do, it's tough to quit.

Pro Wrestling is an industry where you're constantly beating down your body. Rock was smart for getting out while he still had his health. Hogan on the other hand is pretty beat up after all these years. That's why he always uses his stroke backstage to cover his ass.

I was wondering what had happened to Mike Awsome all that time. :( :(

In fact I am wondering where a lot of wrestlers are these days. Billy Kidman, Brock Lesnar, (who did leave for NFL, but failed I think) Rosie, Matt Morgan, The Dudley Boyz, Taka Michinoku, Tajiri, Ultimo Dragon? What do these guys get up to these days?

I miss Brock Lesnar the most, what a wrestler! :(

I can tell you what happened to Brock Lesnar .... he's currently training with Royce Gracie to compete in MMA in K1 Hero's. And that should be really interesting.

As for the rest of those guys they're probably still wrestling but just in different organizations like in Japan or TNA and such. I definitley know the Dudley Boyz are in TNA.

^ Thanks. :)

I loved the first ever TLC tag team triple threat match at Summerslam 2000! :rockon: That was one of my favourite matches ever! :drool: I wish The Dudleyz would come back to WWE so we could see a third! :ohmy:

Last night on Raw, ECW Champion, Bobby Lashley, was announced as Donald Trump's representative for the Trump/McMahon hair challenge. McMahon's representative is the Intercontinental Champion, Umaga. Ain't that nice? So, more than likely, neither title will be on the line at the biggest show of the year, Wrestlemania. That's WWE for you. Not giving a shit about the ECW/IC titles. This will mark the 2nd year in a row that the IC wasn't defended at WM.
Oh yes, Umaga will lose and McMahon will get his head shaved.

Every single title in the WWE should be put on the line at WrestleMania. It sometimes feels like Vince is trying to kill his own company. Or just simply taking the piss! :mad:

MrPryck2U said:

Oh yes, Umaga will lose and McMahon will get his head shaved.

i was thinking Trump would loose.

Lashley looses to Umaga at WM, then on Raw the next night, Trump gets shaved. Which would mean big ratings for Vince and WWE if it was too happen.

Unlikly though.
Trump will just get stunned at WM instead.

Wayne, McMahon has never won at WrestleMania.
He's lost to Shane.
He's lost to Hogan
He lost to Shawn Micheals last year. As a matter of fact, I think the last time McMahon won at a PPV was Survivor Series 2003 when he beat Stephanie. McMahon almost always books himself to lose. Remember, he booked himself to have his head shoved up the Big Show's bloody ass against DX? So, McMahon will lose because he knows the fans want to see it. At WrestleMania, McMahon usually gives the fans what they want. That's why we'll also see the Undertaker defeat Batista.

My friend and I have a bet on the McMahon/Trump battle. He thinks Lashley is going to lose which will result in Trump's hair being cut. I think Umaga will lose and McMahon's hair will be cut. I'm looking forward to seeing McMahon get his head shaved.

MrPryck2U said:
At WrestleMania, McMahon usually gives the fans what they want. That's why we'll also see the Undertaker defeat Batista.

so I'm expecting Cena to lose because he's gonna ger booed... nice!

P.S-> Just a whishful thought... :(

I don't think Cena's going to be booed. As a matter of fact, more and more fans cheer him each week. The fans are starting to respect the work ethic of Cena. Unlike Batista, who's work has suffered for a long time. Luckily, he's going against the Taker, who can have a good match with pretty much anyone.
BTW, I'll be rooting for Cena over HBK. If Cena can beat HHH, I don't think he should lose to HBK, who's not as good as HHH. I wouldn't be surprised if HBK won though. Of course, I'll be rooting for Taker to bring home the gold against Batista.

Thanks for starting it Wayne! I've been a wrestling fan for almost 25 years and I'm glad that you started this thread.

I've always said that the two people I'd really want to meet would be Bret Hart and Bono. Mick Foley lives near me, but I keep missing him. One time I went into Borders books and bought a WWE DVD and one of the employees told me I missed Mick by 15 minutes. Damn, I was pissed.

I could've met Bret Hart! :banghead:

Oh well, at least I've met Bono :wink: :drool:

Btw, Taker is ''the shit'', he deserves to win at WrestleMania! :rockon:

Oh yeah, and Happy Birthday WWE thread! :bonodrum:

Last edited:
I have met or been next to a bunch of the old school wrestlers either at the gym or at bars. Most are really friendly dudes but they are huge people. And they lift ridiculous amounts of weight. One of my friends did a workout with Randy Savage.

One time at the gym in my hometown, Davey Boy Smith and Shawn Michaels were working out along with Skip and Sunny. Davey Boy and Shawn did not associate with each other as they were the main event that night against each other. Funny thing was that I was leaving after Davey Boy and Shawn was behind me. I watched Davey Boy get into his rental car and then watched Shawn jump in the passenger seat. I guess they didn't want to spoil the image for any kids who might have been around.:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom