Where are you going for your vacation.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vincent Vega said:
I'll stay in Berlin. It's like holidays.
I just had three days of uni again, and now free days until Wednesday.

I'll go to Rostock, north of Berlin, for a few days in June. In Heiligendamm, right next to it, there will be the G8 summit taking place.

You should be visiting Delaware right now :angry: Suppose I can forgive you since you do plan on visiting sometime :sexywink:

BonoManiac said:

Where in China?

Shanghai, Beijing, and Hong Kong. All the major cities... Wish I'd been able to see the countryside (and Tibet!), but there just wasn't time.

California (L.A. and surrounding area) for a week, and drive to Vegas for a few days after that in July.

BonosBaby12 said:

You should be visiting Delaware right now :angry: Suppose I can forgive you since you do plan on visiting sometime :sexywink:

You should visit Berlin as long as Knut has not grown up. ;)

But like you, my plan to generate an unbelievable amount of money in no time didn't work out by now. :(

Vincent Vega said:

You should visit Berlin as long as Knut has not grown up. ;)

But like you, my plan to generate an unbelievable amount of money in no time didn't work out by now. :(

Oh that is definitely the plan as I intend to take the little guy back home with me :giggle: Looking very forward to making the trip to Berlin as son as I can :)

Yes money is the only factor that is standing in our way :(

*Ally* said:

Shanghai, Beijing, and Hong Kong. All the major cities... Wish I'd been able to see the countryside (and Tibet!), but there just wasn't time.

That's cool. I've been to Beijing and Hong Kong as well several other cities but not Shanghai and Tibet.

Hong Kong is amazing. Victoria's Peak :drool: and the harbour :drool:

With regards to Tibet you would have had to sign up with an organized tour and obtain a special visa to go there.

RedrocksU2 said:
San Francisco in September.

san-francisco.jpg

I'm going to SF tomorrow.
Not for a vacation though.
Just a day-trip.
:heart: that city!

Last edited:
I don't like fish, so I try to avoid Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39 as much as possible.

So many other places to go and see things.
I really like Haight-Ashbury, Golden Gate Bridge, Golden Gate Park, Java Beach Cafe and walk on the Ocean Beach

Last edited:
the last spring break vacation when I was in college, was Ireland :drool:

fast forward years later, I just got back from my first real vacation in 4 years...went to Vegas this week (my first time! :hyper: ). it was very fun! what was more fun was adjusting to Chicago 30-degree weather after being in 88 degrees all week :grumpy:

I'm patiently waiting for 3 weeks in Ireland, Wales, Scotland and England in the fall with a friend.

Then probably holidays in Portland or SF Bay Area.

AtomicBono said:
I'm in Minnesota for Spring Break with my family. it snowed :lol: but I went to Mall of America yesterday and saw Merchant of Venice at the Guthrie :up:

:ohmy: my homeland....what did you think of Merchant? I thought it was fabulous! I volunteer at the Guthrie a few times a month. I love it there! :drool:

Since I'm a full time student again, I decided I needed to make the most of my Spring Break this year.

I just got back from a road trip all over the place. I flew from the Twin Cities to Columbus, OH. Then we drove straight through to Memphis, TN for a few days to go to Graceland, Sun Studio, Gibson Guitar. We spent the evening of April 4th on the steps of the Civil Rights Museum listening to speeches by Martin Luther King, then a memorial service. Amazing. We didn't even realize it was the anniversary until we got to Memphis. On the way back to Columbus, we drove back through Nashville to the Grand Ole Opry and a Plantation. After an evening in Columbus we drove up to Cleveland :crazy: to see the Clash exhibit :heart: at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, then back to Columbus and now I'm home and ready for reality to start on Monday! It was a lot of time in the car! :crack:

I will definitely be headed "up north" this summer.

Translation for those who don't speak Wisconsineese - Up North = Northern Wisconsin.

For me, Up North is Wild Rose, WI (I have friends there). And also Minocqua (which I have mentioned several times in my journal).

It looks like I'll be visting the Dominican Republic this summer. (it looks like we'll be staying in Punta Cana right now) I haven't been on vacation in 2 years. Hooray for coaching stipends!

I'm going to stay with my best friend in western Massachusetts for a week or two in June. We're going to a Wilco show while I'm up there, and we might go on some sort of road trip while I'm there if he can get time off.

I was hoping to go on some big trip to celebrate graduating, but money is too tight right now. If I find a full-time teaching job in the next few months, I'll probably try to treat myself in the fall with a trip somewhere.

There are several vacation plans in the works:

Ontario - I'm hoping to make it there some time this summer
Mexico - a cruise in September
Hawaii - for Christmas

I have no clue if any of them will actually happen. As of right now, Hawaii is the only one I can almost guarantee.

Back
Top Bottom