The Tim McCarver Memorial Post-Season MLB Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think we all knew it was coming.

and about his confidence, i dunno. he lost yeah, but what was his run support? non-existant. he pitched a great game considering it's jeff weaver, and a pretty solid game by many standards.

if the cardinals don't win tonight it's over. i too shall be ticket hunting today :wink:

With an expression of scorn and words of disdain, Albert Pujols was defiant in defeat last night.

The Cardinals' slugger, who went 0-for-3 with a walk, flipped his chair into the leg of a reporter gathered at his locker, turned his back, dressed slowly and then faced the media with obvious reluctance.

Asked about the effectiveness of Mets starter Tom Glavine, Pujols, who lined out twice, said, "He wasn't good. I thought we hit the ball hard but we didn't get any breaks."

Pujols struck out on a changeup against Glavine in the first, walked in the fourth, lined out hard to short in the seventh and lined out to first off Billy Wagner leading off the ninth.

Asked what happened in the fourth inning when, after his walk, he misread Juan Encarnacion's fly ball to center and was doubled off first on Carlos Beltran's one-hop throw to Carlos Delgado, Pujols snapped, "Double play."

Asked what he was thinking about on that play, he said, "I didn't think anything."

Asked if he was frustrated, Pujols answered with an incredulous look. "Why get frustrated?" he said. "I can't make a mistake? I'm perfect?"

i don't know if a frustrated poo holes is a good thing or a bad thing.... if it gets him to start chasing pitches, obviously it's a good thing... if it gets him pissed and hits the ball 600 feet, obviously that would be a bad thing.

i get sick to my stomach every time he steps up to the plate... the man's a menace

Our boss actually told us if we wanted to take off early to watch the game, we could. I still feel like crap so I took advantage of it. Game is on, though. Woohoo! :hyper:

In other baseball news, I hear someone's going to the game tonight...

out.php

(It hasn't been confirmed or denied if Edge will also be in attendance. :wink: )

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

(It hasn't been confirmed or denied if Edge will also be in attendance. :wink: )

I remember he had a bad experience the last time he went to a game -- slipping on a discarded nacho tray and hitting his head on the steps, or something like that.

Chris Carpenter looks like a mosquito-league pitcher out there.

The Mets' dugout is loose and joking around while the Cardinals look as if someone just told them all that their mothers would be thrown out of aircraft if they lost.

The Mets are winning this game, and the Cardinals won't get back up. Mark my words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom