The Temple Bar - When the Clock Strikes No Pants O'Clock, We Go Powerjuice ... UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonoManiac said:
Wow:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

To quote Vin Scully: "I can't believe what I just saw!"

Tonight in Montreal, a hockey game was played between the Canadiens and New York Rangers. But it was more than a game; tonight embodied everything that is good about the game of hockey.

The Rangers had built up a 5-0 lead by the middle of the second period. By this point I was ready to pack it in, but I decided to watch a few more minutes.

Let me tell you something about Montreal fans: I may be biased, but there's no other fans like us. Even down 5-0 the crowd was still in it, encouraging the team on. Then, the Habs scored their first goal midway through the second. A few minutes later another goal. 5-2 and Rangers called timeout. The crowd was going nuts. Both teams traded scoring chances until the end of the period.

Six minutes in the third Alex Kovalev scores another goal. 5-3. Four minutes later and Michael Ryder gets his third of the game. 5-4. The enthusiasm and excitement in the building was palpable.

After going 0-2 on the power-play, Kovalev scores a beauty with the man advantage to tie the game. More camera shots of fans with hands on heads, not quite sure they believe what they just saw.

Overtime was absolutely electric, with many near misses by the Habs. OT solves nothing and it's on to a shoot-out, which the Canadiens win easily. Final score: 6-5 and I'm still shaking.

Easily the game of the year. Oh, and here's a bit of trivia. In the club's 99-year history, they have never come back from a 5 goal deficit to win the game.

Again....wow. :faint:

That's awesome, BoMac, congrats! It's good for the NHL when the Habs are playing well.

I am so glad this came at the expense of the Rangers. :)

unico said:
hahahaha well i'll leave it up to your imagination then. that game sounds like it was awesome! are you celebrating tonight?? vino?

Celebrating, and I put off writing because I was on hooked on the game. So now it's back to work. :wink:

Awesome doesn't even begin to describe it! I was yelling so loudly that I woke up my landlord's granddaughter, because I heard her crying after the Habs scored the 4th goal. :hyper:

i got...mofo tofu. i dunno what it is but it is spicy so that's a good thing.

bomac i'm saving you all the carrots because i don't want to go to the hospital tonight. :D

my professor kept looking at me and was responsive to my questions/comments tonight. i turned in my exam last week. perhaps he thinks i'm awesome because i powerjuiced all over that ho*

*referring to the exam, not him

ETA: laura that sounds great but we might have to do take out, they don't serve beer in chinese restaurants....not usually anyway.

unico said:
ETA: laura that sounds great but we might have to do take out, they don't serve beer in chinese restaurants....not usually anyway.

If they do, try Chinese beer Tsing Tao. It's very good, at least to me.

Carrots, carrots?!?! Well, ok, I'll accept them. But only because it's coming from you. :wink:

laura when is your spring break again? we need to finalize this thing!

bomac - there's this lovely bar in dc called the brickskeller, they've got beer from all over the world. i built a collection of bottles from different countries.

UberBeaver said:
Yo it's about that time
to bring forth the rhythm and the rhyme
I'm a get mine so get yours
I wanna see sweat comin' out your pores
On the house tip is how I'm swinging this
strictly hip hop boy I ain't singing this
Bringing this to the entire nation
black, white, red, brown
feel the vibration

Come on come on
Feel it feel it
Feel the vibration

I listened to this on my run tonight. :hi5: I hadn't been running in 10 days because of my stupid-ass cough, but tonight I kicked some serious butt. It was awesome. Now I'm home waiting for dinner to finish cooking. Pasta & wine ftw!!

BoMac, sounds like it was a fantastic game! :up:

Back
Top Bottom