The Temple Bar - When the Clock Strikes No Pants O'Clock, We Go Powerjuice ... UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From The Rising, I loved Into the Fire, Empty Sky, You're Missing, The Rising, and My City of Ruins. I'd consider those the "must haves."

phillyfan26 said:
A redundant piece on whether FDR's New Deal benefited America or not.

We've done about five assignments on the exact same issue anyway, so it will be terribly easy when I actually get around to it.

I hate that kind of crap. A few tips for an easy A:

1. Dig up your old papers and copy your best one down into Microsoft Word.

2. Fix errors in punctuation that may have caused your grade to drop previously.

3. Take out a thesaurus and add longer, more obscure words to replace the more dumbed-down adjectives.

I've been doing this since 5th grade in certain subjects. The American educational system FTL.

So, I have this 5 chapter quiz tomorrow, and my professor never told us the format.

I don't know if it's essay, short answer, multiple choice, or what. Kind of frustrating.

Oh and my art history professor complimented my Obama t-shirt :D

LemonMelon said:
I hate that kind of crap. A few tips for an easy A:

1. Dig up your old papers and copy your best one down into Microsoft Word.

2. Fix errors in punctuation that may have caused your grade to drop previously.

3. Take out a thesaurus and add longer, more obscure words to replace the more dumbed-down adjectives.

I've been doing this since 5th grade in certain subjects. The American educational system FTL.

That's essentially the best way to do it. :lol:

I've lucked out with three great English teachers. My history teachers have been a mixed bag, and my math teachers have been piss poor since eighth grade (the only year I had a good one).

phillyfan26 said:

That's essentially the best way to do it. :lol:

I've lucked out with three great English teachers. My history teachers have been a mixed bag, and my math teachers have been piss poor since eighth grade (the only year I had a good one).

I've been homeschooled for most of my life, so I've been stuck with the same old man for years. :wink:

Had a good Spanish teacher in 8th grade. I think the science teacher was homicidal though. She used to carry all these sharp objects behind her desk...anyway.

U2democrat said:
So, I have this 5 chapter quiz tomorrow, and my professor never told us the format.

I don't know if it's essay, short answer, multiple choice, or what. Kind of frustrating.

Oh and my art history professor complimented my Obama t-shirt :D

My high school math teacher would say...

It doesn't matter if the test has 1 question or 100. You have to answer them all. He was young, and would do this great "doh" face after anyone would ask "how many questions on the test".
Just my two cents.

I need food. NOW. I think it's arrived. Lunch at 2:40pm FTL

homerdoh.gif

ThoraSEB said:

That had to be frustrating. :|

I look back at it now and it's funny....but at the time, it was a bit frustrating. I think I annoyed him, though, because I never did homework or studied but still did well on my exams, and that drove him berserk.

Oh, and he had halitosis.

Fun fact:

I once lost a point on a test because the teacher thought the "T" looked like an "F".

No spoken words said:

I look back at it now and it's funny....but at the time, it was a bit frustrating. I think I annoyed him, though, because I never did homework or studied but still did well on my exams, and that drove him berserk.

Oh, and he had halitosis.

:lol:

Yeah, it wouldn't have been funny then. I was such a perfectionist when I was younger, I probably would have flipped out if that had happened to me.

No spoken words said:

So you meant to say:

"Tuck yourself in bed"

but he saw:

"Fuck yourself in bed"

That sucks.

:wink:

It was a true/false thing. I was a lazy-ass and didn't bother to write out the whole word, just the letter. Apparently, cursive T's and F's look the same now. :shrug:

The reason not knowing the format frustrates me is because I study differently. If it's multiple choice, I can usually skim the facts and get by just fine. If it's short answer/essay that means more intense studying. Blah.

Gone With the Wind is on :hyper:

I absolutely love this movie, which is really out of character for me.

It's almost at the incredible scene where they go through Atlanta as it's on fire.

Back
Top Bottom