The Temple Bar: We've got staffs alright...UP YOUR FUCKING ASS!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just e-mailed her and told her, but I'm not sure if she'll see it before she gets home or not. She was lost without it. I suggested that she phone home and I could sing to her, but she didn't take me up on it. :lol:

VintagePunk said:
I just e-mailed her and told her, but I'm not sure if she'll see it before she gets home or not. She was lost without it. I suggested that she phone home and I could sing to her, but she didn't take me up on it. :lol:

:lol: That's awesome!

UberBeaver said:

I'd rather have a cold cause they go away.

And greetings from the only person in the world that will admit to having heard of Quarterflash. Holy shit that's a random band.

I'm gonna harden my heart. I'm gonna swallow my tears. :shifty:

VintagePunk said:
Thora, are you still watching GG? I couldn't watch it last night, I was too upset. :sad: :reject:

Yeah, I'm still watching. Last night was really good. I won't give anything away if you don't want me to. I cried just a little bit at one part, but I'm sure next week will be really hard. :sad: I'm so sad it's been cancelled. :(

ThoraSEB said:

Yeah, I'm still watching. Last night was really good. I won't give anything away if you don't want me to. I cried just a little bit at one part, but I'm sure next week will be really hard. :sad: I'm so sad it's been cancelled. :(

I am devastated to an embarrassing degree. :reject: Their lives have paralleled ours in so many ways over the years, that I probably over-identify with them, and it feels like a personal rejection to me. :sad: :lol: I started crying in the first minute, and had to stop watching. Not just a few tears, I'm talking full-blown bawling my eyes out. :reject: I dvr'd it, and will watch some other time. I basically know what happened though - Sarah still watched it while I was on the computer with headphones on, and I kept glancing up every once in a while.

I feel cheated, like we're never going to get the full story. :( I was really hoping they'd at least do the shortened 13 episode season next year, to bring it to a satisfactory conclusion. :(

VintagePunk said:

I am devastated to an embarrassing degree. :reject: Their lives have paralleled ours in so many ways over the years, that I probably over-identify with them, and it feels like a personal rejection to me. :sad: :lol: I started crying in the first minute, and had to stop watching. Not just a few tears, I'm talking full-blown bawling my eyes out. :reject: I dvr'd it, and will watch some other time. I basically know what happened though - Sarah still watched it while I was on the computer with headphones on, and I kept glancing up every once in a while.

I feel cheated, like we're never going to get the full story. :( I was really hoping they'd at least do the shortened 13 episode season next year, to bring it to a satisfactory conclusion. :(

Aww! :hug: I identified a lot with them too, but not to the extent that you have, I'm sure. Next week I'm guaranteed to be a wreck. It is a bit embarassing how wrapped up in a TV show I get, but that's just the way I get. :reject:

I don't know how I feel about not getting a shortened season. It would have been nice if Amy & Dan could have come back to write the last episode, or at least take care of the 8th season. I really wanted it to end the way she had envisioned. I remember hearing several years ago that she had 4 words that she wanted to close the series out with. I really wanted to know what those words would be, and I guess we won't ever know, which makes me very sad. :(

ThoraSEB said:

Aww! :hug: I identified a lot with them too, but not to the extent that you have, I'm sure. Next week I'm guaranteed to be a wreck. It is a bit embarassing how wrapped up in a TV show I get, but that's just the way I get. :reject:

I don't know how I feel about not getting a shortened season. It would have been nice if Amy & Dan could have come back to write the last episode, or at least take care of the 8th season. I really wanted it to end the way she had envisioned. I remember hearing several years ago that she had 4 words that she wanted to close the series out with. I really wanted to know what those words would be, and I guess we won't ever know, which makes me very sad. :(

I think what upsets me most is that unlike most people, I didn't mind the direction the show went in last season and this season (although sad, mopey Lorelai did get to be a bit too much at times)...it was a stage she had to get through. But the reason I didn't mind it is because I'd always assumed that they would have time to get her through that, and then resolve things satisfactorily. Fuckers. :sad: :mad:

VintagePunk said:

I think what upsets me most is that unlike most people, I didn't mind the direction the show went in last season and this season (although sad, mopey Lorelai did get to be a bit too much at times)...it was a stage she had to get through. But the reason I didn't mind it is because I'd always assumed that they would have time to get her through that, and then resolve things satisfactorily. Fuckers. :sad: :mad:

That's a good point - it is going to seem rushed. With another season, they would have had more time to wrap up all the storylines satisfactorily and give the show the closure it deserves. I saw Lauren on Ellen's show yesterday, and she said she was happy with the finale. I really hope it ends well.

Okay - I just read that love thread in ZC that several of you have mentioned in the last little while. :huh: Wow.

VintagePunk said:
Thora, that thread's crazy. I'm wondering if he's gay. :shifty: But again, just goes to show you that nothing works like good ol' communication. :up:

Reg - :kiss:

I was thinking about that too. The thread seemed to get crazier and crazier. I just don't understand why she can't come out and say it. It's hard to do (and it's not like she's a teenager, although she seems to be acting like it), but it saves so much agony by just getting it out there. :rolleyes: At least then you have an answer either way, which is much better than all the uncertainty and frustration of not knowing. Gah.

Back
Top Bottom