The Temple Bar - WELCOME back Kat! -now UYFA and get ready for ITTH!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
snowbunny00774 said:

Ontario has the most fucking stupid tourism ad I've ever seen. who approved that!?!?!? :shouldbeshot:

"Ontario. Ey." <--- That would be the greatest tourism ad ever. Pictures of moose and geese and lakes and then this real goofy Canadian voice, "Ontario. [5 second pause] Ey."

The Flight of the Conchordes, they're from New Zealand, and their manager works in the tourist bureau, and every NZ tourist poster says shit like, "We're not Australia. Just real close," pr "More than Lord of the Rings" or "Home of Peter Jackson." Shit kills me.

Try holding Control when you click the drop down. Or Alt+F4 might work.

What's up Philly? How was Jersey?

It will be on DVD soon and also on HBO On Demand. It's friggin brilliant, and the more you watch it, the more you notice.

My favorite line: The manager wants to go around NY on a "bandshell tour", he wants to look at evry bandshell in NYC/Long Island. So at one point he points to one and says, "Look at that. Classic Robert Moses design." I almost fell off the couch cause it was so deadpan.

Does anyone outside of NY know Robert Moses? He build our roads or some shit. Maybe the beaches too.

I'd have a hard time believing people not from NY would have heard of Robert Moses, but you never know. Strong Island!

HBO demand means nothing to me cos I aints got TV, but, when it's out on Digital Video Disc, I shall partake.

there's a robert moses parkway in NY niagara falls - I always wondered who he was. It's probably the first person named parkway I'd ever seen in my life at that point.

I'm going to have to find all of the FOTC stuff, still haven't found it anywhere here. too busy putting out shite marketing and stuff I think. you know who I actually love right now for marketing Canada - BAW, her av kicks all kinds of ass*

hah, my idiocy extends far beyond the reaches of the internet (I restarted and all is good btw - i think this laptop is just a piece of shit). I popped 300 in earlier and then watched the jays game. I just turned the movie on and couldn't figure out what the fuck was happening. then the end credits came on after 5 mins :D.
I expect mail from mensa any day now....

*oh yeah, all kinds of ass that LMPA hasn't already kicked

Last edited:
snowbunny00774 said:

hah, my idiocy extends far beyond the reaches on the internet (I restarted and all is good btw - i think this laptop is just a piece of shit). I popped 300 in earlier and then watched the jays game. I just turned the movie on and couldn't figure out what the fuck was happening. then the end credits came on after 5 mins :D.

lol. I sometimes fall asleep and wake up to the credits.

Here's some FOTC that fucking kills me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5hrUGFhsXo

it's not that it takes that long to delete them. it's that my computer is running at a snails pace trying to download them. we're on 2942 of 3410 now :huh:

i'm fairly sure all signs point to this laptop not making it through the year

In California everything is named after somebody. Cops killed in the line of duty usually end up with a stretch of highway

My apartment gets painted next week, it looks like. That will have a domino effect, a good one, on my domicile. This is apropo of nothing, and yet I typed it.

sorry I only got as far as the gerard depardieu part and already lol. I so have a crush on that one guy.

the stripey shirt! the jacques cousteau :lmao:

omg, when we moved here I think for weeks my bro and made my mom spend an extra 10 mins in the supermarche just picking up the products and reading all the bilingual labels. I think* she may have grabbed one (haricots verts :cute: - I remember to this day) off me and then sort of gently slammed it against my head. nothing awful, she just had had a horrbible day to that point. I can't even imagine having me as a teenager.

:lmao: at "non". I called the school board to volunteer a few yrs ago, and the only school that needed anyone was a french only school around the corner. I told the chick I spoke very very minimal french "vin rose" etc. and she said oh never mind, you'll be fine. well the actual volunteering was a bit of a nightmare but really fun, and there was a hot, I mean hot, phys ed. teach which made it all good. till one day, the teacher needs to go to the office and asks me to mind the class. I said, of course, you'll be quick right?. While she's gone, knock on the door - I answer, hot, hot phys ed guy, with one of the kids. He starts yammering on in french, causing me to get even more flustered, and ends with what sounds like a question. Me? I say "non". him - stares blankly and repeats. Me - "non. non parle francais" him - chuckle, grabs kid by the hair and hauls him to the principals office. who wants a guy that grabs a kid by the hair anyway :tsk:

fucking kids in the class laughed all day at me for that one and told their teacher. bastards.

I love this video:heart:

*yes

Last edited:
snowbunny00774 said:
there's a robert moses parkway in NY niagara falls - I always wondered who he was. It's probably the first person named parkway I'd ever seen in my life at that point.

I'm going to have to find all of the FOTC stuff, still haven't found it anywhere here. too busy putting out shite marketing and stuff I think. you know who I actually love right now for marketing Canada - BAW, her av kicks all kinds of ass*

hah, my idiocy extends far beyond the reaches of the internet (I restarted and all is good btw - i think this laptop is just a piece of shit). I popped 300 in earlier and then watched the jays game. I just turned the movie on and couldn't figure out what the fuck was happening. then the end credits came on after 5 mins :D.

*oh yeah, all kinds of ass that LMPA hasn't already kicked

:kiss:

I can be head of the Int'l Liquor Board Ambassador, how's that? :drool:

HOW WAS 300?!?!?!? :mad: (I hear that's what the entire movie sounds like so figured I'd go with the flow on that one)

These Peel thingys are goood. My poor friend can't enjoy them anymore. :(

I was going to say something else but forgot so I'll just say hello to everyone. :wave:

Jacques Costeau.

300 was great, but I don't really have a desire to see it a second time. I think I was slightly disturbed by the fact that the dudes were 90% naked and it made me feel REALLY insecure. The wife - she wants the goddamn 2DVD collectors set and some posters. Come on!

hi mia :wave: where did you go? everyone has come back from somewhere today :hmm:

it's not webbased. it goes to a domain that I once shared it All downloads to outlook. Every once in a while a college friend contacts me there and I use it to register at places like sephora or gap to keep my hotmail acct's clean.

unico said:
Hey Red!!! I've just returned from NYC! :D
Beav - it was kickass. i spent most of my time on the upper west side where it is less tourist-y

:up: someday I'll make it there :wink:

did you get to enjoy any free rounds /still thinks it's a lie

nsw are you re-decorating?

oops i read back and saw you're painting :)

More like straight up decorating, as I got rid of all my stuff, except for my mattress and an air mattress (my current couch). I'm starting from scratch, getting all new furniture.

UberBeaver said:

You should ask the painters to put a nice "NO ONE GIVES A FUCK" border around the room. Really tie the room together, you know?

Was thining of adding a "Have a sip of shut the fuck up, please" strip in the Kitchen, near the Fridge. Thoughts?

thanks Lila!! glad you enjoyed my texts. i also took some pics of a naked David Duchovny ad that kept blessing my eyes, I can always send you that if you like :sexywink:

Thanks NSW!

Red - You'd love it, there's so much to see/do! I didn't get free rounds...but then again I wasn't flirting with much effort. Perhaps next time.

UberBeaver said:
Jacques Costeau.

300 was great, but I don't really have a desire to see it a second time. I think I was slightly disturbed by the fact that the dudes were 90% naked and it made me feel REALLY insecure. The wife - she wants the goddamn 2DVD collectors set and some posters. Come on!

wormhole continues, I just finished editing that post - the youtube had lots of great stuff :love: tab back if you will ( you will - lots of making fun of snow in there)

Mia :wave: how was it - do tell.

Beav - that'sw the only reason I rented it - a girl at work said lots of eye candy. after this weekend I though i deserved it. the wife and I can watch it while you fetch us drinks. k thnx.

kat - for real - free rounds. it's fucked up but it's sometimes true

nsw - I assume you are never having any of us over if you go ahead with that awful idea?

Back
Top Bottom