The TEMPLE BAR: We got buybacks... UP YOUR FUCKING ASS!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just registered for my fall classes. :nerd:

My head is already spinning - my legal writing and research doesn't start until October (I'm also taking business law and the legal environment which starts in August), but starting then I'll be going to school every night after work from Monday - Thursday. Goodbye, social life! :drool:

At least I have this upcoming semester to get used to going to school after work. I have a feeling that, even though I bitched a lot about having to get up early on Saturdays, I was spoiled only having to go one day a week.

Don't mind me, just having a little freakout here. I'll be ok in a bit. :wink:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I just registered for my fall classes. :nerd:

My head is already spinning - my legal writing and research doesn't start until October (I'm also taking business law and the legal environment which starts in August), but starting then I'll be going to school every night from Monday - Thursday. Goodbye, weekends! :drool:

At least I have this upcoming semester to get used to going to school after work. I have a feeling that, even though I bitched a lot about having to get up early on Saturdays, I was spoiled only having to go one day a week.

It sucks, but you'll be done soon enough. I need to get my ass back in escuela, but I'm so friggin wary of going through it again. I wasn't the ideal student first time through, and I'd hate to get there, realize that I still can't stand school, and then stop. I dunno.

UberBeaver said:

It sucks, but you'll be done soon enough. I need to get my ass back in escuela, but I'm so friggin wary of going through it again. I wasn't the ideal student first time through, and I'd hate to get there, realize that I still can't stand school, and then stop. I dunno.

Yeah, I mean I have some general courses to take yet that I didn't pass the first go-round (hello, math!), but in order to get my two year paralegal degree it's going to be mostly law courses, which I am looking forward to. :yes: Once this is done I'm looking at universities.

How many classes do you have left? I understand what you mean - I wasn't exactly the ideal student, either, but I'm finding this time I actually care and want to do well so that's pushing me a bit more. Also, I'm paying for it. :lol:

Unfortunately, all of this school talk is reminding me that I have a pile of Salem Witch notes on my desk at home, and half a page of my paper written with four days before it's due. :no:

I got my bachelors (in English :rolleyes: ). But I'd like to go back for either Law, teaching or somekind of engineering/science type thing. Thing is, I suck at math and science. I don't want to work those weird Lawyer hours, and teaching might not cover the bills. So.....here I am. Sitting.

Those are all really good choices. :up: But yeah, math and science make me want to claw my eyes out.

And see, I used to think I loved English, until this class. Maybe it's the fact that the instructor is so freaking dry and takes these long pauses and generally sucks all around. Because I don't recall ever loathing an English course as much as I've loathed this one.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I wasn't exactly the ideal student, either, but I'm finding this time I actually care and want to do well so that's pushing me a bit more. Also, I'm paying for it. :lol:

I think that's key. :up: I didn't give a rat's ass in high school, and in college the first time, I did better, but I ended up not using it. This time, although I wasn't always uber enthusiastic, especially a year or two in, I worked hard, felt passionate about my area of study, and enjoyed it.

Beav, start off small, take a night class in something you're interested in, before committing.

VintagePunk said:

Beav, start off small, take a night class in something you're interested in, before committing.

Good plan. I think I will. I hate the application process though. And it would be for grad school so I need letters and transcripts and all that shit. Ugh.

Beav not all lawyers work those hours mostly litigators, there are other areas of law. I bet you'd be good. You should teach though :drool:

My head still hurts :crack: and I know of at least 3 questions I didn't know on my midterm:mad:

redkat said:
Beav not all lawyers work those hours mostly litigators, there are other areas of law. I bet you'd be good. You should teach though :drool:

My head still hurts :crack: and I know of at least 3 questions I didn't know on my midterm:mad:

I'm tired of school...I refuse to learn anymore...:angry:

I prefer to be half-educated, and a dipshit thank you very much!!!

:shrug:

UberBeaver said:
I think it's supposed to be a leaping High Five - a rarely seen occurance nowadays - since the chest bump has taken the thrill out of the leaping high five.

:hmm: interesting theory... i must say though, i am a fan of the leaping chest bump. i once knocked someone into a bush when executing one after a succesful game of beer pong. good times, good times.

UberBeaver said:
We should form a firm with Redkat. Coast to Coast and shit. If she doesn't like that idea - Hostile Takeover! :drool:

I'm bringing in the Rent and Bangles Greatest Hits (I actually do own a copy :shh: ) in and blasting them both from my iPod speakers everyday - so this means I get my own office, right? :wink:

Last edited:
I just bored one person with it, but I'll bore you too. It was amazing. You call in to give coaching sessions, and these actors pretend to be your reports. They throw everything at you, and then there is a debriefing - coaching, feedback and action plan setting at the end of each session. There are 4 session in all - a very intense 3 hrs, and very emotional, as there are so many ups and downs. It is so rewarding when they describe their feelings of self discovery, and having the sessions back to back meant you could see the difference in a very short time to your skill set. It was amazing. I feel so empowered now, and I know a lot of what I was doing was on the right track and a couple of small things to add and I'm so looking forward to my coaching sessions now. I was done before the others and didn't have a lot of takeaways so I'm very happy :nerd:

I wish I had some video feed of one of the sessions - the guy started quoting GBS and talked about my humanistic qualities :drool: - My self discovery from that was it doesn't take much to have me all starry eyed I'll tell you!!

:hi5: Sounds awesome. Congrats. Shaw rocks.

I bet it felt great to be all, "Hey - quit feeling sorry for yourself you whiny little bitch monkey," and "Hey, I crush roaches like you and sprinkle your remains on my cheerios." Awesome, that's why you're a good boss - you get right to it. And dressed like a school girl to boot. :drool:

Seriously, that's cool though. Good stuff. I used to get training that was helpful like that. But now the only training they give me is "web based". :happy: Stupidheads.

Thanks Beav - Yeah, the web based stuff does my head in.

It was really great - if you ever get the opportunity, do it :up:

They must have a webcam set set up around here so they could see the uniform :wink:

p.s. the Shaw quotes blew me away :love:

Hey - if you are ever going to come to Canada, you should come in the summer, get a sitter and just bring your wife - Niagara on the Lake has the Shaw festival every year - wine country, idyllic Inns, near the lakes and Shaw :heart:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom