The TEMPLE BAR: We got buybacks... UP YOUR FUCKING ASS!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol:
I gotta give the guy credit, he does make look detox fashionable. :love:

Have you ever seen some of the sketches Hugh Laurie has done? Also rather amusing stuff.

Did it come through ok?
You haven't offered to write my lit paper for me yet. :sad:
Whatever happened to you scratch my back I scratch yours?
hmm?!

hmmm?!

what is becoming of the world

ETA: Good. :kiss:
I feared something might go wonky in the sending process.

ETA2: Omg, the grandma cracked me up!! :laugh:

'What can I say, I find women with no teeth attractive'
'That's ....midly disturbing.'

Write your paper? I'm guessing it's probably not within my knowledge, and yet you'll expect a decent mark? ;) What's the topic?

No, I've never seen anything else he does! I want to find some of it on dvd. I was reading on the weekend that apparently, he plays the grumpy English guy seated next to Rachel on the plane to England, in the episode where she's flying over when Ross is marrying Emily.

Sarah and I fight over him. :cute: We have this list of hot men, and we trade for them. For example, I'm positive I traded her the entire male cast of Heroes for Hugh Laurie, and yet the other day she said she doesn't remember this transaction, and still wants him. :angry:

A week or so ago, we watched To Sir With Love, and she remarked that Sydney Portier is attractive, and that he falls into her desired age group, the older man thing. I told her I hope she's proud of herself, because he's like 80 now. I thought I was exaggerating, but we looked it up, and he is. :lmao: So, that's been our running joke - she's left the realm of older men, and has now begun lusting for the geriatric set. :lmao:

I have utter faith in your ability to write me a fantastic paper on an unknown subject.
You've got skillz lady!

Basically, I'm fumbling and attempting to discuss the idea of isolation, and the neccessity of forming meangful connections in the books Frankenstein, Crime and Punishment, and The Metamorphesis by Kafka.

I've got a bunch of notes, but can I throw it together into a good cohesive whole?
fat chance :mad:

Omg? Seriously? I should see if I can find it on youtube.
I read somewhere that he played Jasper in 101 Dalmations and I just had to go watch the movie to see if it was really him! :lol:

Omg, you and Sarah are too cute!!! :cute:
You trade men like playing cards? :lol:
How much did Johnny Depp "cost"?

:lmao: @ the geriatrics!!
Keep her away from the old folks home, those lil ole guys don't stand a chance!

and keep her away from Reg :wink:

VPee,
If your brain is up to it...
In my essay, I'm trying to breifly explain the idea of relating to someone through violence. Like, by killing everyone you love, I'm forcing you to acknowledge and engage with me.
sort of a perverted connection

Can your psychologically tuned mind provide perhaps a less sketchy explanation/make sense of that??

I've never read any of those, so I'm sure I could compose you a great paper - top notch. :up: I'm currently mucking my way through Ulysses. :crack: It's....interesting.

Johnny's not even available for our sick little barter system. I knew better than to even mention him. :yikes:

I'm getting nothing done. I think I'll get up early and do more before I have to leave. It's become pointless, now. :yawn:

Night. Good luck with your paper, and thanks again. :hug:

Hi/bye, Reg. :kiss;

~BrightestStar~ said:
VPee,
If your brain is up to it...
In my essay, I'm trying to breifly explain the idea of relating to someone through violence. Like, by killing everyone you love, I'm forcing you to acknowledge and engage with me.
sort of a perverted connection

Can your psychologically tuned mind provide perhaps a less sketchy explanation/make sense of that??

Thinking....

ETA - can you give me an example? What do you mean by "love?" That sounds like psychopathic behaviour, and probably narcissistic.

VintagePunk said:

Thinking....

ETA - can you give me an example? What do you mean by "love?" That sounds like psychopathic behaviour, and probably narcissistic.

I assume you are vaugely familar with the story of Frankenstien.

Ok, well, Victor was the Creature's (I dub him Frank) creator. He abandons Frank as soon as he creates him - completely rejects him. Frank goes off, learns language blah blah, and observes families and suddenly realizes what he's missing. He's all alone, no one likes poor Frank. So he demans Vic build him a mate. but Vic refuses. This angers frank. Frank proceeds to kill Vic's littel brother, his closet friend and his wife/"adopted cousin".
while i recognize that this is vengeful, and he's all, I want to make you suffer like I have.
I feel lik that idea of, feel what I feel is a sick way of trying to form a connection?and like i said, forcing Vic to acknowledge/confront him

I don't know if I';m explainging this well....

and clearly my typing is going down the drain.

Last edited:
~BrightestStar~ said:

I assume you are vaugely familar with the story of Frankenstien.

Ok, well, Victor was the Creature's (I dub him Frank) creator. He abandons Frank as soon as he creates him - completely rejects him. Frank goes off, learns language blah blah, and observes families and suddenly realizes what he's missing. He's all alone, no one likes poor Frank. So he demans Vic build him a mate. but Vic refuses. This angers frank. Frank proceeds to kill Vic's littel brother, his closet friend and his wife/"adopted cousin".
while i recognize that this is vengeful, and he's all, I want to make you suffer like I have.
I feel lik that idea of, feel what I feel is a sick way of trying to form a connection?and like i said, forcing Vic to acknowledge/confront him

I don't know if I';m explainging this well....

and clearly my typing is going down the drain.

It could be an example of fearful attachment (Frank to Vic), which is taken from Batholomew and Horowitz's (1990) model of attachment, whereby there is a negative perception of self, and a negative perception of the other. Neg. percep. of self is formed in early life, where the caregiver (Vic) is unavailable and unresponsive to the person/being, and the person forms a working model of others being unresponsive to their needs (neg. other), so they feel as though they are unworthy of love (neg. self). So, people like this tend to do behave in ways that sabotage relationships, because they expect others to be unreliable and unresponsive - killing would certainly be an example of that...an example taken to psychopathic extremes.

I just reread this, and don't have a clue what I said. I'm not making sense. :huh:

Reading Ulysses because it's supposed to be this great work of literature, number 1 all-time on a bunch of lists. I guess I just have lowbrow tastes. I suck. :sad:

Last edited:
:hmm:

Could it relate at all to like, children acting out for attention, particualily when parents are distant?
cries for help and that sort of stuff?

Pft. What do all those snob's know?
Go read 100 Years of Solitude of Garcia Marquez (sp??)...it's on Oprah's book list :happy:, and I beleive got a nobel prize.
It's quite humerous.....go chastity pants!!!

ETA: at least you wrote that without 1000 typos....

Last edited:
~BrightestStar~ said:

Could it relate at all to like, children acting out for attention, particualily when parents are distant?
cries for help and that sort of stuff?

Pft. What do all those snob's know?
Go read 100 Years of Solitude of Garcia Marquez (sp??)...it's on Oprah's book list :happy:, and I beleive got a nobel prize.
It's quite humerous.....go chastity pants!!!

ETA: at least you wrote that without 1000 typos....

Yeah, they could definitely act out in order to get attention from an unresponsive parent - because even negative attention is better than none. And although I haven't read the book, it definitely sounds like a parent - child relationship, from what I know of the story. Rejection ---> bad behaviour. That's sort of the opposing set of behaviours to my thesis - Rejection ----> perfectionism in an attempt to gain positive attention and love.

I haven't read that yet, but I want to! Is it good? I've heard it's confusing, with all the names being the same or very similar. I've read his Love in the Time of Cholera, and it was amazing. :drool:

Okay, I have to get to bed now. I need to be up in a little over 4 hrs. :yikes: I hope I helped a little, although I doubt it. When is it due? Maybe I could send you some more info tomorrow after I get home, when I'm thinking a little more clearly.

Night :kiss:

VintagePunk said:

Yeah, they could definitely act out in order to get attention from an unresponsive parent - because even negative attention is better than none. And although I haven't read the book, it definitely sounds like a parent - child relationship, from what I know of the story. Rejection ---> bad behaviour. That's sort of the opposing set of behaviours to my thesis - Rejection ----> perfectionism in an attempt to gain positive attention and love.

I haven't read that yet, but I want to! Is it good? I've heard it's confusing, with all the names being the same or very similar. I've read his Love in the Time of Cholera, and it was amazing. :drool:
The idea of negative attention is better than none at all in stuff, yeah, that kinda works...:yes:

My paper's due later tommorrow afternoon (4ish)...I have to start studying for my wednesday exam though. :sad: So I'm trying to finish or get as close possible tonight.
But if you think of something, defienalty send it my way.

I haven't completely finished it ( :reject: ) but it is really interesting, funny at times, def good.
Yes, the names are repetitive (if you like I can explain the meanings behind this :happy: - I did a presentation on the book)
But if you get confused there's a family tree at the start of the book, and you just sort of figure it out as you go.
I was able to follow it.

Good luck with whatever tomorrow. And I'm glad I could help. :hug:
Sweet dreams.
:clonelove:

VintagePunk said:

Reading Ulysses because it's supposed to be this great work of literature, number 1 all-time on a bunch of lists. I guess I just have lowbrow tastes. I suck. :sad:

Several years ago I bought Ulysses and a companion book. I have never opened either. Something about that book "scares" me. I think it was hating Portrait of the Artist so much. Yet Dubliners is one of my favorites of all time.

Ulysses bored me to tears, I only finished it so I could celebrate Bloomsday without feeling guilty I hadn't read it. Portrait was awesome :love:, and I loved 100 years of solitude, just read that a couple of years ago. That was a really great book, but it disturbs me that it's another one that Oprah liked too :grumpy:

K- I gotta go adjust my skirt, tie and stockings for my erole thing :wink:

snowbunny00774 said:
Ulysses bored me to tears, I only finished it so I could celebrate Bloomsday without feeling guilty I hadn't read it. Portrait was awesome :love:, and I loved 100 years of solitude, just read that a couple of years ago. That was a really great book, but it disturbs me that it's another one that Oprah liked too :grumpy:

K- I gotta go adjust my skirt, tie and stockings for my erole thing :wink:

:drool:

What's Bloomsday? They recreate the day in Ulysseys, right?

I think I need to reread Portrait, I was a youngster the first time. Maybe now it will have meaning.

UberBeaver said:

Several years ago I bought Ulysses and a companion book. I have never opened either. Something about that book "scares" me. I think it was hating Portrait of the Artist so much. Yet Dubliners is one of my favorites of all time.

I need an annotated version, I think. I often do this thing when I'm reading something that bores me, where I drift off while reading, read a page or two, then think "what the hell did I just read? I have no idea." That's what Ulysses is like for me. I think it's because I'm a fast reader and I'm used to skimming, and getting what I need to know, and you can't do that (or at least I can't, with my little pea brain) with Ulysses. Maybe I'll check out some of his other work, if it's more comprehensible.

I feel obligated to stick with this one to the end though, just to say I did. :crack:

It's basically a pub crawl in Dublin going to all the pubs and areas mentioned in the book.

k - this thing is in 4 minutes and all the other managers are freaking out which isn't helping :scream:

Wish me luck!

VintagePunk said:

I need an annotated version, I think. I often do this thing when I'm reading something that bores me, where I drift off while reading, read a page or two, then think "what the hell did I just read? I have no idea." That's what Ulysses is like for me. I think it's because I'm a fast reader and I'm used to skimming, and getting what I need to know, and you can't do that (or at least I can't, with my little pea brain) with Ulysses. Maybe I'll check out some of his other work, if it's more comprehensible.

I feel obligated to stick with this one to the end though, just to say I did. :crack:

Check out Dubliners. It's short stories, and brilliant. I think Joyce is great in small doses. I have trouble with his novels.

snowbunny00774 said:

k - this thing is in 4 minutes and all the other managers are freaking out which isn't helping :scream:

Wish me luck!
Good luck. What is this thing, anyway? I've never heard of it before.

Back
Top Bottom