The Temple Bar: Put On Your Business Socks Cause It's Time For Business, Oh Yeah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I'll be ready with the camera for the manhug (non-heterosexual) ;)

Did the tornadoes hit your new apt? Or have you been home yet to see it or not?

Oops, wrong Mia. My bad. :kiss:

Man punch to the face, maybe.

My neighborhood has a ton of fallen trees, some right onto cars, but, luckily, my apartment escaped damage. Thank you for asking!

Just came back from trying to pwn some n00bs in FYM.

Anyway, I'm buying the recently made available John Lennon stuff on iTunes. :up:

No spoken words said:

Man punch to the face, maybe.

My neighborhood has a ton of fallen trees, some right onto cars, but, luckily, my apartment escaped damage. Thank you for asking!

:yikes:

Glad it escaped unharmed (as well as the line of bitches outside the door wanting to see the new paintjob.)

I just bought my mom the Dwight Schrute bobblehead - it's for Christmas but I'll probably give it to her early. And I should have bought another one for myself.

phillyfan26 said:
Just came back from trying to pwn some n00bs in FYM.

Anyway, I'm buying the recently made available John Lennon stuff on iTunes. :up:

Try, or did you succeed? I like posting in FYM now and then, if only to try to mock BVS and his sometimes faulty programming.

Mia, power outages here and there in the city, but, nothing that impacted me.

:yikes:

Glad it escaped unharmed (as well as the line of bitches outside the door wanting to see the new paintjob.)

I just bought my mom the Dwight Schrute bobblehead - it's for Christmas but I'll probably give it to her early. And I should have bought another one for myself.

Yeah, I know. I figured these ho's would wait until the furniture arrived at the hizzouse, but they're lined up as I type this, just wanting to see what it looks like when a Gangsta like me paints his crib.

Take a #, trick.

No spoken words said:
Try, or did you succeed? I like posting in FYM now and then, if only to try to mock BVS and his sometimes faulty programming.

Mia, power outages here and there in the city, but, nothing that impacted me.

Well, the success depends on whether it makes it through a pretty thick skull, but if you ask me it was successful.

You could teach canoe boy a thing or two :yes:

Truth be told, I'm probably more like canoe boy than I'd care to admit. That being said, I do my business in person or on the phone, not via text. I'll fret and worry about asking someone out, but I'll do it myself, and I'll do it without using text or IM. I'll take my rejection like a man, too.

No spoken words said:

Truth be told, I'm probably more like canoe boy than I'd care to admit. That being said, I do my business in person or on the phone, not via text. I'll fret and worry about asking someone out, but I'll do it myself, and I'll do it without using text or IM. I'll take my rejection like a man, too.

That's the Space Moon (tm) way, I take it?

:up:

TB was a TB of the highest order, but at least he talked to me.

I think I'll stay in fantasyland for a little while longer. It's safe here even if your new husband doesn't know which hotel we're meeting at.

That's the Space Moon way, yes, you understand.

I know what it's like to like someone so much that the thought of getting rejected by them is powerful....but, I never let that truly stop me...delay me, but never stop me. It's like Joe Rags...I have similar thoughts, but, the difference between he and I is that I'm socially functional with the opposite sex, have platonic friends, ex-gf's, etc, where he is 100% paralyzed by women. I'm rambling.

I've never seen a single Rocky film all the way through.

Yeah, I can't imagine being 100% paralyzed by men. Sure, I think if I did this or that differently or looked differently at times it would help things, but I can usually talk to the opposite sex, no problem. I've been told that's mostly due to the booze.

Sober, I'm a different story. This is why I never get hit on or hit on others at say, a Borders. Apparently I = only good enough when you or I or a combination of us both are drunk.

No spoken words said:
That's the Space Moon way, yes, you understand.

I know what it's like to like someone so much that the thought of getting rejected by them is powerful....but, I never let that truly stop me...delay me, but never stop me. It's like Joe Rags...I have similar thoughts, but, the difference between he and I is that I'm socially functional with the opposite sex, have platonic friends, ex-gf's, etc, where he is 100% paralyzed by women. I'm rambling.

i think we all have thoughts like joe from time to time. i don't at all find myself to be on the top of the perfect, graceful, intelligent, or attractive lists. but yeah, i don't let that stop me. i've come to get over my shortcomings...sort of. i'm trying to accept myself for who i am.

i'm also full of shit. i don't think i've ever really pursued someone. to be honest, i've never had a bf (at my age, that is just bizarre). but, it's not something i'm ashamed of either. my life is so random, i couldn't hurt somebody with my spontaneous changes in direction. therefore, i think i probably shouldn't commit to anyone.

but also unlike joe i do love meeting, talking with, and engaging with people. theres lotsa fellas i know, chill with, and flirt with. i just love people! and i'm especially drawn to and intrigued by guys. i just haven't pursued an exclusive relationship with them...yet.

wow...now i feel like i'm at some sort of confession.

It's the CoNJ Friday confessional, Mia.

I think that's awesome how you're secure enough with yourself, but also know not having a boyfriend isn't the end all and be all. Some girls your age, hell, even girls my age, act as if they aren't living if they don't have a man in their life.

I can't say I enjoy people that much, and I've had mainly female friends, not so many male friends. I also have become more comfortably with my appearance in the last couple (yes, couple) of years and I'm still not 100% able to go "yeah I'm a hot babe" but I do ok.

*kneels and does the hail mary or whatever you do in church

[/heathen];)

Aw April!! I think you're a hot babe :flirt: I know what you mean! It wasn't until senior year of college that I felt comfortable with my appearance. I don't think I myself can say I'm a hot babe either, but, it's all good. I don't know if that is something I aspire to be anyway, you know?

And I know what you mean about those who feel like they need to be attached to someone at all times. A friend of mine is like that. I tried to put her on Penis-Restriction, but I think that lasted only a month. She'll have to come to the realization on her own time I think.

See ya, LMPA!

I only became really comfortable with my appearance after university, too. Oy. Too much other crap was going on before that, but I think I have a healthy opinion now.

As far as relationships go, I've had good experiences for the most part. Lately it's all been crap, but that's okay. It will get better eventually. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom