The Temple Bar PMs (Not PMS)...UP YOUR FUCKING ASS!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He didn't actually use the word Pope though...:hmm: I'm now sufficiently confused.

Let's read about Benedict of Nursia instead...he was a Monk...so peaceful

They didn't have popes back then. The church wasn't unified. I don't think the church in that part of europe was all that strong at the time. If only the Irish (where the church was thriving) had seen the opportunity and decided one of them would lead the church. :wink:

Well I think (think being the keyword...God I hope I'm right) Pope Gregory was the one who MADE the Pope powerful....:hmm:

:banghead: too many popes on this study guide

Pope Gregory I "Great"
Pope Leo IX
Pope Gregory VII
Pope Urban II
Pope Innocent III
Pope Boniface VIII

I LOVE European history, don't get me wrong, but this guy's tests are too impossibly hard

He gave us too essay topics and he's not going to give us the option of which one to write, he's just going to pick one, and they're SOOOO broad:
1) The breakup of the Roman Empire and its divergence into different cultural zones
or
2) The rise and changing fortunes of the papacy in Rome and Middle Ages

bono_212 said:
Well I think (think being the keyword...God I hope I'm right) Pope Gregory was the one who MADE the Pope powerful....:hmm:

Yes. the title later became pope. Authority used to be distributed and less centralized. By reaching out to other areas he took steps that led the church to have one authority, the pope.

That's my understanding anyways.

It makes more sense to me to not have a guy in Rome telling my local archdiocese what to do but what do I know.

VintagePunk said:
The four of us, then. :cute:

All we need are a few good men (and a woman), and the ability to synchronize our watches. That's it. Then we can get this bitch done. :up:

Oops, add Thora into the mix, and make it 5.

:lmao: :heart:

bono_212 said:
Kat :love: My hero

yea I wouldn't rely on anything I say :shifty: Good luck! that is tough that he won't let you choose. They're somewhat intertwined though?

Been out of Catholic school a few years. :sigh:

I love the randomness of this thread tonight

Feudalism!!!!!!!!!! OMG SOMETHING I ACTUALLY KNOW ABOUT

which automatically means it won't be on the test tomorrow :sad:

bono_212 said:
I LOVE European history, don't get me wrong, but this guy's tests are too impossibly hard

He gave us too essay topics and he's not going to give us the option of which one to write, he's just going to pick one, and they're SOOOO broad:
1) The breakup of the Roman Empire and its divergence into different cultural zones
or
2) The rise and changing fortunes of the papacy in Rome and Middle Ages

I was just thinking about this and you've probably already done it but this is what I would do.

Read as much as you can and understand it, obviously. Create two brief outlines basically just 5-10 key words that will spark your memory on key points that you need to hit regarding each topic. Then you're set. When you get the paper quickly jot down those key points on the side of it then you can relax and expand on those ideas in the essay.

:reject:

That is pretty much what I'm going to do see the problem is, the essay is only half the test

the other half is identities...pretty much I have to write a loooooong paragraph about I think 6 different people/topics and he gives us like 50 different things that might be on the identites then he gives us ten options to pick the six from.
And then there are source readings. About 20 little snippets of historical documents we have to read, then he'll choose six of them, and put a short snippet from these longer snippets on the test, and we have to identify WHICH document it's from, who wrote it, when, and what its significance is on what was going on at the time it was written...

So as much as I would like to just concentrate on the Essay, I'm sitting here making sure I know everything about the 50 people/things and the 20 source readings too (it's actually more like 30 people/things btw)

:crazy:

nope her mission is done.

I would like to take Ashley's test though which means I need sleep. :huh:

night guys :wave:

I've heard all sorts of great things about Italian wine IN Italy and it not giving hangovers. Tell me it's true Reg :drool:

VintagePunk said:
How the fuck can my inbox be full when it's only at 29% and I just cleaned it out a few weeks ago?? :scream:

This is why I never "replied" to you last night! :lol:

I knew I wasn't going crazy (well, sort of anyway).

And all this talk about Europe has me depressed, because I think when all is said and done there's no way I'll be able to go next year. I'll be spending my 30th birthday in fucking Michigan. Probably sans a SO, or even something less signifigant than a signifigant other, oh the party that will be! :happy:

I think I'm going to stay away today so as not to pollute this thread with my overall pessimistic view of life at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom