The Temple Bar: PF2 to the Mother Flippin' 6 Starts His First TB Thread UYFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UberBeaver said:

Zoney is going to be pissed when he finds out NSW hacked his account. STFU. Talking to myself ensures good conversation. :mad:

:shrug: I'd watch. Why not? I'd probably even buy one of them fancy HDTVs people are always going on about - eventhough I just don't quite understand what the big deal is about seeing that a guy needs a shave.

In all seriousness though, if we had the technology for mind web feeds, how crazy would that be? If I could invent that, I'd be totally rich. And totally entertained forever. I'd watch all kinds of brains. Especially the crazies. That'd be dope. Could you imagine what some of the brains of the people around this place would look like? Wooooweeeee. It'd be awesome.

Subscriptions I would pay for :up:

Oh, subscription plans. Good thinking. I'll add that to the business plan.

I think I might bring a sign that says, "It's Business Time" to the Islander's games this year. :hmm: Too bad my seats are really far out, man.

I would have loved an errand boy :drool:

but yes, I do appreciate the free ticket. If they had been Saturday's tickets I wouldn't have gotten to take advantage of that so it worked out very well. Other than the drink thing. and it wasn't so much the paying as the fetching that was the issue. I always have issues :highmaintenance:

The Yankees clinched tonight.

13 straight post-season appearances.

I hope to head back to NY for a playoff game at some point. We'll see. Meantime, if the Cubs advance, could see them as well.

I'll watch all 9 innings. :)

I didn't get there till the bottom of the third, and being a jays fan and alone I wasn't 100% comfy touring around. People could tell I wasn't smiling or being unhappy at the right times.

Hockey games I hate sitting, I'd rather pay, watch a bit in the seats and then watch the rest from the bar IN the arena - you know that way if there's excitement at the end I have the option of going back out to watch it.

No spoken words said:
The Yankees clinched tonight.

13 straight post-season appearances.

I hope to head back to NY for a playoff game at some point. We'll see. Meantime, if the Cubs advance, could see them as well.

I'll watch all 9 innings. :)

That'd be cool if you came. I could probably sit through a Red Sox / Yankees playoff game. Well, until they bludgeoned me to death during the bottom of the first.

snowbunny00774 said:
I didn't get there till the bottom of the third, and being a jays fan and alone I wasn't 100% comfy touring around. People could tell I wasn't smiling or being unhappy at the right times.

Hockey games I hate sitting, I'd rather pay, watch a bit in the seats and then watch the rest from the bar IN the arena - you know that way if there's excitement at the end I have the option of going back out to watch it.

I haven't rooted for a NY baseball team since 1986 (fucking Mets - grrrrrr). I like when the fans know I'm not there for their silly little team. Stupid Yankees and Mets. I went to Sox / Yankees game and rooted for the Red Sox and no one said boo. There were lots of us actually. For baseball I'd rather sit in the bar, shit - the parking lot is cool with me. For hockey I like to sit in the seat and watch.

Our seats were right behind the dugout entrance closest to the plate. We would have been seen when they showed guys going back in after scoring runs, and there was one foul ball hit two feet in front of us in the fourth or fifth inning.

I'm writing about it in my journal tonight or tomorrow, I have a fantastic story, including us getting Charlie Manuel's attention.

When they brought Flash Gordon in during the eighth, he put the first guy on, and my buddy leaned over the dugout and yelled, "You know the only way he can help us now is by getting injured!" Charlie looks back and stares him down, and says, "C'mon!"

True, but it was fun anyway.

I also got to meet the legendary "Everybody Hits Wah-Woo" guy.

phillyfan26 said:
When they brought Flash Gordon in during the eighth, he put the first guy on, and my buddy leaned over the dugout and yelled, "You know the only way he can help us now is by getting injured!" "

:cute: Philadelphia - the most improperly named city in America.

I loved that when the Nats took the lead on the Mets (in the middle of an at-bat for ATL), the whole stadium gave a standing ovation. It lasted for almost a minute. Kyle Lohse had to pitch through it.

Back
Top Bottom