The Temple Bar: PF2 to the Mother Flippin' 6 Starts His First TB Thread UYFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
No :mad:

We get Election Day and Veteran's Day off next month though, so I can't bitch too much about it.

ooh election day is nice! i love having days off in the middle of the week. it is so hard to go back to work after an extended weekend.

UberBeaver said:
I used to like Radiohead a lot, then they got too weird. At some point "art" becomes "weird" to me. They crossed that point with the last song on Amnesiac.

nice... It took me 1/2 hour to read through the Radiohead thread (that rhymes...) to find that the info I needed was the second last post: the new album will be released on CD in early 2008.

I'll wait for it on CD thanks, I don't need some crazy $80+ boxed set or the hassle of downloading tracks... :tsk:

I like Radiohead quite a bit; they have really grown on me over the past couple of years.

UberBeaver said:
I used to like Radiohead a lot, then they got too weird. At some point "art" becomes "weird" to me. They crossed that point with the last song on Amnesiac.

I liked The Bends and Ok Computer, but with each release it just got harder for me to like them, and now I don't even care. :shrug:

Just give me some straightforward rock and I'm a happy girl.

unico said:
well...they aren't my fav tracks from the album but i do find them interesting.

Then you would probably like RH...

You have to like his voice to start, some (like my wife) find it whinny and annoying, I can see past that...

For me I have had to give them repeated listens to really get into them. Their newest album for example (Hail To The Thief), has taken me a good month to really get into...

I like that about them though, I find it very rewarding when it finally clicks but even I find some of their stuff a little too much... Like for some reason, I really don't like Pablo Honey very much, it's probably my least favorite out of all of their albums and it's the most straight-forward "rock" album...

If you try them out, I would suggest getting the albums in this order:

OK Computer
The Bends
Kid A
Amnesiac
Hail To The Thief
Pablo Honey

Back
Top Bottom