The Temple Bar: Oh you mad 'cause I'm stylin' on ya

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK, if he comes back just keep reminding him that Catcher in the Rye is metaphor. Tell him not to pay attention to the dog, dogs don't talk. Keep saying that, "Dogs don't talk." And whatever you do - DO NOT PUT ON THE BEATLES!

Actually, good luck, if this is the sort of situation that requires luck. Know what I mean?

The Pearl, no, I just read the outside cover. It's about kids diving for oysters or some shit.

UberBeaver said:
OK, if he comes back just keep reminding him that Catcher in the Rye is metaphor. Tell him not to pay attention to the dog, dogs don't talk. Keep saying that, "Dogs don't talk." And whatever you do - DO NOT PUT ON THE BEATLES!

Actually, good luck, if this is the sort of situation that requires luck. Know what I mean?

The Pearl, no, I just read the outside cover. It's about kids diving for oysters or some shit.

It's the kind of situation that requires patience and playing it cool till he leaves on Sunday. I might only see him a couple of times between now and then, and that's only if he shows up here. I'll be staying late at work for sure :yes: Just my frigging luck the one night I'm home early this happens.
* note to self - no Beatles!

I thought I enjoyed it it, so I would have assumed it was more interesting than that. I'll look it up and see if I can remember it.

When I need to play it cool I pretend I'm Mickey Rourke in Wild Orchid. It works for a little bit, and then I have to tell whoever I'm talking to to "Turn around...........take off your shirt....." and it all goes to hell. I stink.:(

:lmao: *note to self x2 - do not channel Mickey Rourke

I have so much laundry to do from the weekend and 0 desire to do it. A maid would be really good right now. I'm accepting applications.

Lila64 said:
maybe you should watch 9½ Weeks :shifty:

You can leave your hat on :sexywink:

Lila - you have the best memory in the world :awe:

While I am awed - I'm afraid this might lead to me paying you blackmail$$ in the future. Damn.

Beav - I would have to agree....I tend to view your advice as a guide, and not a rule.

snowbunny00774 said:

Lila - you have the best memory in the world :awe:

While I am awed - I'm afraid this might lead to me paying you blackmail$$ in the future. Damn.

Beav - I would have to agree....I tend to view your advice as a guide, and not a rule.

Not to worry snowbunny. At least not yet :shifty:

<<Does NOT do windows. Hates doing laundry. Will not be filling out any applications, tyvm.

As for Mickey Rourke, that's really the only movie I know with him.
Do we need to visit the kitchen for snacks :shifty: :hmm:
Weren't all the rest of his films crap? :shrug:

Well, Diner was allright. I like Barfly and Sin City. Other than that, I don't know any movies with him, I don't think.

Oh - Rumblefish. Kind of a weird one. He's sorta like a semi-retarded James Dean in that one.

And there was one when he played a bounty hunter with Keira Knightley. That was actually pretty good.

Last edited:
I love Beav's advice. I'd never follow it, ever, but it cracks me up. Wait. If he gives advice on how to be funny, yes, I'd follow that. :)

Your book club idea makes me feel like a dork, Beav, cos I actually read books left and right. Thanks.

Kim Basinger said of kissing Mickey Rourke: "It was like kissing an ashtray". Anyone remembeer rourke's boxing career? I do.

Beav, that show you saw was likely "Beyond the Glory", one of the few shows we've done over the years that I'm legitimately proud of. We've done over 100 of them, and most are really well done. Other than that, we do a lot of Lowest common denominator stuff. Eh. Beav, I'm the guy that wishes America had an ion cannon so I could yell "The first transport is away!" when we used the cannon to make imperial destroyers fall out of the sky. (Empire Strikes Back reference for those of you who are not total fucking nerds).

I am going to eat dinner shortly, so deal with THAT.

Dude, there is a topic about who's better: Han Solo or Indiana Jones....and Indy is winning. :sad: <--- That's me right now. Maybe that's why I don't listen to U2, cause they prefer Indy to Han.

lol, dork.

Last edited:
UberBeaver said:
Dude, there is a topic about who's better: Han Solo or Indiana Jones....and Indy is winning. :sad: <--- That's me right now. Maybe that's why I don't listen to U2, cause they prefer Indy to Han.

lol, dork.

WTF? I love Indy and all, but come on. Solo banged a princess.

omg no talking is good. I never shut up myself:wink:

hotmail just completely changed before my eyes the interface (?) is completley different.

or it's just me:huh:

Back
Top Bottom