The Temple Bar: Now at 332 Lafayette St, Greenwich Village

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
gabrielvox said:
For UberBeaver Canada from east to west

PEI - Prince Edward Island
NS - Nova Scotia
NFLD - Newfoundland
QB (I think? hell I was only born there lol) - Quebec
ON - Ontario
MB - Manitoba
SK - Saskatchewan
AB - Alberta
BC - British Columbia

and there's some territories too...NWT I think? Did I miss anything fellow Canucks?

lol

I knew all the abbreviations. I should be like an honorary Canuck or something, living so close to the border and everything. :wink:

Detroit pretty much sucks nowadays, too. We are a one industry kind of town (automotive) and people are dying out here. Factory closings, white collar layoffs, etc. If I could get out of here today, I would. Just don't know where to, though.

Speaking of funny names, we have a sign here that's pretty famous - Big Beaver Rd, Exit 69 :lmao:

I was driving home from a concert with a fellow Interferencer once and they had to take their camera out and take a picture of it. :lol:

gabrielvox said:

If I left right now, I could be at the border in 4 hrs, Montreal in under 5. Well that's with my driving :uhoh:

Montreal :drool:

Yeah, well...you're east of me. :lol:

Okay, a good reason why you must be alert to what you're playing when logged into Lastfm: I just finished listening to one song, and was busy doing something. The next song on my list that came on was Dr. Evil singing Just the Two of Us. :yikes: I dove to stop it before it registered. :lol:

Well provinces are like states to you guys, I suppose.

The territories are just too vast to be provinces maybe ? I forget why they call the far north territories...likely to do with how the land was annexed and native Indian territories to the north, man I should look that up!!

:uhoh:

gabrielvox said:
You know what I hate about NY?

Noone knows where they goddamn live. Ask someone in Manhattan how to get off the island. You'll drive for hours. Ask someone in Brooklyn how to get to even East NY, much less the Bronx. They have no clue. I could give better tri-state directions than 80% of native New Yorkers, it's obscene.

lol, we know. :wink:

Well, people in Manhattan don't drive. People in Brooklyn don't realize there's anything outside of Brooklyn other than Manhattan - in fact, there is no word for "East" in Brooklyn, except for "East River" which is to the west for them, so it's a concept they can't grasp. And the Bronx........yeah. No one could fathom wanting to go there, so that's why no one knows how to get there.

UberBeaver said:

Did you pass Coxsackie? When my friends went to college upstate, and we used to drive up there on weekends, we'd always pass Coxsackie, and being stoned pretty much all the time, laughed everytime we saw the sign. It was always as funny as the very first time!

Upstate NY is like a big....forest. I dunno. It's strange. People downstate always forget it exists. When we do go there it's to go camping or something, and we're always amazed to find that people live there year round.

"So, where ya'll from?"
"Long Island. You?"
"Right here. Born and raised."
"Here? You mean, like, New Jersey?"
"No, right here. I'm a New Yorker."
"lol."
"Yep. Still live here."
"But....how? I mean, like.....where do you eat?"
"Goddamn Long Island people. There's a reason everyone hates you."
"Dude - I think he's gonna make us squeal like pigs, let's get out of here!"
"HEY - Where ya'll goin?"
"Uhhh....Calgary!"
"Calgary?....that ain't even a word."

:lol:

For some reason the town of Deposit and it's 4 exits entertained us no end.

UberBeaver said:

lol, we know. :wink:

in fact, there is no word for "East" in Brooklyn, except for "East River" which is to the west for them, so it's a concept they can't grasp. And the Bronx........yeah. No one could fathom wanting to go there, so that's why no one knows how to get there.

Isn't Pitkin, Pine and those streets known locally as East NY? I know, it's pretty rough around there, but hell I get around LOL

To be honest when I was younger/bolder/withoutdependants, I thought the boroughs were cool and loved the scene...now my teeth get set on edge when I see the sign for White Plains.

Gettin old.

:|

UberBeaver said:
East NY? Yeah, that's a neighborhood in Brooklyn. They thinks it's named after the river. I don't know which streets go through it though. And yeah, that's a rough town.

The first time I went there was the first time I ever ate at White Castle lol.

The last time was when I saw a guy shot dead on a street corner in broad daylight. That was it for me man.

snowbunny00774 said:
What are everyone's plans for the weekend?

I'm hoping to go out tonight.

Tomorrow I have class.

I just got a hamster and I think we're going to get her a ball this weekend. That should be the highlight right there ;)

snowbunny00774 said:

:hug: Do you have much more to do?

Sounds good Thora - I'd be doing the same but I'm sick :madwife:

I haven't even started that section yet. :reject: This morning, I've been messing around with the stats, trying to get those two measures to correlate again. I tried to break it down by gender, and there's still nothing.

My hypothesis is dying. :sad:

redkat said:

I'm hoping to go out tonight.

Tomorrow I have class.

I just got a hamster and I think we're going to get her a ball this weekend. That should be the highlight right there ;)

That's some :combust: excitement! :wink:

VintagePunk said:

I haven't even started that section yet. :reject: This morning, I've been messing around with the stats, trying to get those two measures to correlate again. I tried to break it down by gender, and there's still nothing.

My hypothesis is dying. :sad:

I'd help if I could! There is no other way to break it down?

What is the correlation you are trying to make again?

Kat, your hamster ball beats my weekend all to hell. :up:

Snow, a measure of perfectionistic tendencies within relationships, and a depression measure. I've used 14 measures in all, but these are two of my main ones.

Another way I thought of is by ethnicity - caucasian vs asian (there's a very high asian population at my school, and probably half or over of my p's are asian) - but going into the cross-cultural thing is way outside the scope of what I was going to do.

Oooh, just thought of something else. :hmm: Not sure if it would make a difference, but it's worth a try. :fingerscrossed:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I just realized, it was a week ago at this very moment that some of us were in the midst of the Amazing Race, Interferencers Edition. :lol: (A week later, yeah, we can laugh.)

We were on the phone with Amtrak trying to get find a way to NYC from a soon to be cancelled flight to Baltimore :sigh:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I miss NY. :slant:

Me too :(

redkat said:

What's his name? I suggest you name him Buddy Lembeck after one of TVs all time great characters.

My plans are to watch the Islanders on TV tomorrow afternoon, then Sunday I'm going to the Islander/Ranger game. It's my last game until next season (unless they make the playoffs...:( ). I'm pretty sure it's my last game til next season.

snow - is that why you're not @ work? Sick?

UberBeaver said:

What's his name? I suggest you name him Buddy Lembeck after one of TVs all time great characters.

My plans are to watch the Islanders on TV tomorrow afternoon, then Sunday I'm going to the Islander/Ranger game. It's my last game until next season (unless they make the playoffs...:( ). I'm pretty sure it's my last game til next season.

snow - is that why you're not @ work? Sick?

Poor Isles :(

How did you know? I often post from work? :cuecreepymusic: :wink:

Yeah - I'm trying to work from home but my VPN thing keeps losing the server, or something :huh:

I was supposed to be going out tonight with work people but I can't now. Hopefully they will be going out tmw as well. I'm bored out of my mind right now, and I'm just not in the mood for reading.

snowbunny00774 said:

Poor Isles :(

How did you know? I often post from work? :cuecreepymusic: :wink:

Yeah - I'm trying to work from home but my VPN thing keeps losing the server, or something :huh:

I was supposed to be going out tonight with work people but I can't now. Hopefully they will be going out tmw as well. I'm bored out of my mind right now, and I'm just not in the mood for reading.

Well, I noticed your car never moved this morning, so I snuck up to the window and peeked around and viola, there you were. :mad: Good thing cause I was all set to kill the neighbors dog as a warning. But now, no need. :D

Actually, I didn't think you really posted from work. So I just assumed you were not there. My deduction skillz = Top Notch.

UberBeaver said:

then Sunday I'm going to the Islander/Ranger game. It's my last game until next season (unless they make the playoffs...:( ). I'm pretty sure it's my last game til next season.

Nice! :up: Well, not nice about the missing of the playoffs, but nice that you get to go to a game.

I'm going to one last game as well, on the 3rd. The Canucks will most likely be going to the playoffs, but who knows if I'll be able to get tickets.

Back
Top Bottom