The TEMPLE BAR: Martinis, Margaritas ,Manilow and Memories...UP YOUR FUCKING ASS!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
snowbunny00774 said:
VP - That's something I had never heard...

Where do you guys stand on the Immunization Vs Autism issue?

I don't believe that immunization could be the direct cause of it, or there would be more cases amongst immunized children. It's obviously not a causal relationship, so if immunizations are involved at all, there must be a third variable interacting with it. This area is ripe with research opportunities. :drool:

UberBeaver said:

Wait - one in 3 kids is autistic? Really? I think it's an evolutionary step, actually. We need to evolve or else the machines will take us over someday. Autistic savants seem to be able to use more of their brain in some regards, but they also lose some abilities we take for granted. I think eventually the majority of people will be able to think like savants.

I think I'm autistic....I'm can draw really well...:yes:

VP. The preparations basically do not exist yet, in regards for my move. The relocation company is supposed to contact me today.

I'm donating a lot of my stuff, so, all that's coming with is my car, my DVDs, my books, my TV and mattress. I'm gonna start from scratch furniture-wise.

1 in 3 kids are autistic, wow. Beav, I think I'll read that book at some point, the guy fascinates me.

ETA - Happy birthday, April!

No spoken words said:

1 in 3 kids are autistic, wow. Beav, I think I'll read that book at some point, the guy fascinates me.

Right....that sounds a little alarmist to me. I realize the misdiagnosis of autism has been alarming in the past, but to say 1 in 3?!?!?! That's an awful lot of kids....:rant:

OK, back to Sexytime...Snow any new pics? :hmm:

No spoken words said:
VP. The preparations basically do not exist yet, in regards for my move. The relocation company is supposed to contact me today.

I'm donating a lot of my stuff, so, all that's coming with is my car, my DVDs, my books, my TV and mattress. I'm gonna start from scratch furniture-wise.

Sounds exciting!

I'm just looking up rates now, and I've found 1 in every 150 - 175 kids. 1 in 3 is definitely too high.

National Briefing Health And Science: Study On Autism
New York Times

May 5, 2006
Section: National Desk; Page 19.

About 300,000 American children have been diagnosed with autism, according to the largest national study so far of the prevalence of the disorder. That means about 5.5 out of every 1,000 school-age children have been diagnosed with autism. The study, by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, reports findings from surveys of tens of thousands of families. The research is being published this week in the agency´s publication, Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report.

I was gonna say what VP said. Oprah recently did a show on Autism, and I thought the rate was somewhere like 1:164 or something close.

Beav - I think it's time for a new baby pic to be posted!

HBD April!

A friend of mine is refusing to imunize due to autism concerns. I really really disagree with her and any time we've talked as a bunch of friends tears ensue - she's able to quote me any negative stats I ask for and nothing about the unaffected people. I can no longer discuss it with her.

April - what's maybe a premature :hyper:

Reg - not right now - I'll work on it tonight maybe :flirt:

snowbunny00774 said:
A friend of mine is refusing to imunize due to autism concerns. I really really disagree with her and any time we've talked as a bunch of friends tears ensue - she's able to quote me any negative stats I ask for and nothing about the unaffected people. I can no longer discuss it with her.

I agree with you. The benefits of immunization far outweigh potential risks. :up:

And I say that as someone who has never gotten a flu shot. :shh: :shifty: That, I don't believe is necessary, unless you have an underlying condition that would make a case of the flu dangerous. We have immune systems for a reason, people! [/soapbox]

Hey Lila :wave:

Reg :sexywink: <---- my attempt to help bring the sexyback.

Lila64 said:
Beav - I think it's time for a new baby pic to be posted!

ok.

Sienagrinning.jpg

In her little Easter dress.
inEasterDress.jpg

With me and my fat head :mad:
towel.jpg

Hey? WTF are you lookin at, asshole? STFU!
whatulookinat.jpg

UberBeaver said:

ok.

Sienagrinning.jpg

In her little Easter dress.
inEasterDress.jpg

With me and my fat head :mad:
towel.jpg

Hey? WTF are you lookin at, asshole? STFU!
whatulookinat.jpg

Had to quote so the pics would be on this page too. So :cute:

And I have to agree with NSW.
I like the photo tag names. Like the last one 'whatulookinat'. :lol:

VP - I've never had a flu shot either. Don't know if that will change in the future.

Lila64 said:

VP - I've never had a flu shot either. Don't know if that will change in the future.

They're free up here, and they push them on everyone. From early fall through winter, there are ads everywhere that promise dire consequences if you don't get a flu shot. :crack: Some workplaces even have laws where, if you don't get one and there's a flu outbreak, you can be sent home without pay for a few weeks.

VintagePunk said:

They're free up here, and they push them on everyone. From early fall through winter, there are ads everywhere that promise dire consequences if you don't get a flu shot. :crack: Some workplaces even have laws where, if you don't get one and there's a flu outbreak, you can be sent home without pay for a few weeks.

Really? That's ridiculous to force them on people. :tsk: If people don't want it, they shouldn't be penalized for not taking it.

I get them every year because I have a weak immune system, asthma, etc. The flu is no fun for me to get, so I try to avoid it at all costs, and the shot seems to have worked for me in the last few years.

VintagePunk said:
An interesting hypothesis I've read about the increase in Autism cases in recent years is this: there are many people who have milder forms of autism (Asperger's syndrome), many undiagnosed. Many of these people end up in sciencey or technological fields. Due to current technology over the past few decades, people with similar interests tend to congregate and work together. Also, more females now enter these fields. So, they're more prone to meet, marry, and have children...and the resulting children have higher rates of Autism.

I believe that they found much greater rates in Silicon Valley than in other areas of the country.

:nerd:

Two of the boys I know most recently diagnosed are aspergers and it's def. being diagnosed more often these days. I think there is a correlation between people waiting longer to have children. Most of the autistics I see are from families where both parents are professionals and they waited to establish career before having children.

Back
Top Bottom