The TEMPLE BAR: Let's Close this Bitch Down!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
you mean planes don't fly into london's airport at all hours of the day? i don't believe it

Even HouseMD talked about London Ontario's airport the other night :snobsniff:

and TO is just down the road...and it can handle snow and planes, imagine being able to deal with SNOW & PLANES???

I would have met Kat in march if we had the meet in CANADA....hosers

Last edited:
UberBeaver said:

Well, they're in the West, for one. And also, I said in the moment of frustration when it looked like the Isles were out of it, which they still, realistically, are. But they have a chance still. IF they beat Philly and Jersey AND the Leafs beat Montreal (GO LEAFS GO) we're in. Lots of IFs there.

I'm still rooting for Canucks. Do they have a chant?

:lol: No worries.

A chant? Go Canucks Go! That's about it. Or "Bullshit!" like the crowd was yelling on Tuesday night after a really shitty call by one of the refs. :laugh:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
they really don't have buybacks in other places besides new york? that's wacky

Dude - I Know. That's what I was trying to explain. I go through this with work people all the time. But when you drink in other places, it's so much cheaper per beer, that it all works out the same, really. It's the illusion of free alcohol that I love.

ThoraSEB said:

:lol: No worries.

A chant? Go Canucks Go! That's about it. Or "Bullshit!" like the crowd was yelling on Tuesday night after a really shitty call by one of the refs. :laugh:

I'm starting my own chant then: VanCOOOOOOOOver - EH! VanCOOOOOOOOver - EH!
WE LIKE THE CANUCKS, OH YA!

UberBeaver said:

You know, if I had kept my mouth shut, I could have saved a lot of money by just buying you every fourth drink. Damn me and my fickleness.

Honestly - you could have - we would have glared at you for skipping a round though as there were only 3 of us. You might have had to pull some stranger in to even it out.

I just don't understand why they don't charge less :brainexplodeswhenthinkingaboutthis: I tried to tell people at work and they laughed and said " I can't even imagine how drunk you were if you thought bars in NY give free drinks"

it's unreal!!

you picked the wrong day if you wanted buy backs... st. patrick's day is so packed that it's next to impossible for bartenders to remember who got what, thus then, no buybacks (unless you go to a place that isn't very crowded that is).

some places don't do it... thus i don't frequent such places. and if i do, my tipping is few and far between.

snowbunny00774 said:

Honestly - you could have - we would have glared at you for skipping a round though as there were only 3 of us. You might have had to pull some stranger in to even it out.

I just don't understand why they don't charge less :brainexplodeswhenthinkingaboutthis: I tried to tell people at work and they laughed and said " I can't even imagine how drunk you were if you thought bars in NY give free drinks"

it's unreal!!

I guess they figure most people only stop in for a drink or two, so we may as well rip them off. And not every place does it, just bars, really. Clubs or restaurants don't do that. And a lot of bars (eg Dublin Pub) would never do it. It's more a courtesy. And hey, you're about to go, but you get that fourth for free, of course you're going to stay for #5. Who leaves after 4? Come on, that's crazy talk.

UberBeaver said:

I guess they figure most people only stop in for a drink or two, so we may as well rip them off. And not every place does it, just bars, really. Clubs or restaurants don't do that. And a lot of bars (eg Dublin Pub) would never do it. It's more a courtesy. And hey, you're about to go, but you get that fourth for free, of course you're going to stay for #5. Who leaves after 4? Come on, that's crazy talk.

I did notice the dublin pub didn't do it - I would have remembered that for sure!!

Yeah - once I hit 4 I'm there for a while. :
predictable (sp) consumer:

ThoraSEB said:

Sounds good. :hi5:

Don't forget "take off, ya hoser!"

Well, I'd yell that at the other team, right?

And about snow and planes, I worked at JFK for 6 years and we never figured out how to deal with both snow and planes. Man...I hated working there during bad weather. Ugh.

UberBeaver said:

And about snow and planes, I worked at JFK for 6 years and we never figured out how to deal with both snow and planes. Man...I hated working there during bad weather. Ugh.

Call Pearson and ask for tips. It's rubbish that NYC can't do planes and snow. It's not like you never get frickin snow.

I left on a flight in Dec that had the deicers hosing us down till the plane started to move. London might not have as many flights, but they cancelled less :madwife:

ETA: not based on volume - based on occurences...save it

banana.gif

Back
Top Bottom