The Temple Bar - Dalton and the Rescue Pet Team ... UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dalton said:

Were you planning on endorsing an candidate this evening?

I am planning on hiring you a grammar tutor.

I already know who my vote is going for, but, no public endorsement yet. I want the candidates to sweat it out, not knowing who I'm throwing my weight behind.

No spoken words said:

I am planning on hiring you a grammar tutor.

I already know who my vote is going for, but, no public endorsement yet. I want the candidates to sweat it out, not knowing who I'm throwing my weight behind.

Screw tutoring. I want to write captions for the network.

Have you met Stuart Scott or Steven A?

Dalton said:

Screw tutoring. I want to write captions for the network.

Have you met Stuart Scott or Steven A?

The latter; he used to work at FSN when I was there. A fucking Diva. I've met few ESPN ass-clowns. Played on a softball team with Gary Miller from ESPN for 2 years, though, back in LA. They had him based out there instead of Bristol for a while.

No spoken words said:

Nice guy, good hitter.

Nope, never listen to sports radio. Ever. Not Nationally syndicated stuff, not local.

You should give Mac, Jerko, and Harry a listen some afternoon during baseball season. I can't listen to them everyday, but I enjoy them once in a while. They're great right around a Cubs v Sox series.

Dalton said:

You should give Mac, Jerko, and Harry a listen some afternoon during baseball season. I can't listen to them everyday, but I enjoy them once in a while. They're great right around a Cubs v Sox series.

I appreciate the heads up, but, it's just not gonna happen.

When I was younger (WFAN launched when I was ibn HS), I avoided the genre cos I was reading anywhere from 6-8 sports magazines at a time, so, what was the point? Now, I avoid it because I deal with it for a living. If I'm listening to an audio device, you can bet it's music. Same with books. I rarely read sports books, do not even like sports movies as much as you'd think. :shrug:

McCain is one of the few Republicans that I've liked over the years, and I think the same can be said for many left-leaners, he seems like a good guy. However, I still like him, whereas other liberal types complain that he's sold out, and he's more right-leaning, pandering to the party in order to get the nomination.

I don't exactly see this as pandering. I guess it is, but in a way, I take this as a given, a normal part of the political process....make yourself more appealing to the masses in order to get the vote. Maybe I'm just less idealistic because I'm older? I dunno. Anyway, I can't see him doing a complete turn around and changing who he is at this point in his life. A democratic president is what you guys need, that goes without saying, but I still think that if McCain did happen to win, you could have done a LOT worse.

Thoughts?

No spoken words said:

I appreciate the heads up, but, it's just not gonna happen.

When I was younger (WFAN launched when I was ibn HS), I avoided the genre cos I was reading anywhere from 6-8 sports magazines at a time, so, what was the point? Now, I avoid it because I deal with it for a living. If I'm listening to an audio device, you can bet it's music. Same with books. I rarely read sports books, do not even like sports movies as much as you'd think. :shrug:

You WILL listen and you WILL like it.

Seriously though, are you making plans to go to a Cubs/Sox game? They're crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom