The Temple Bar - Dalton and the Rescue Pet Team ... UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phillyfan26 said:

Insulin. Balances all the sugars that enter your body. I know this in great detail thanks to my brother's diabetes.

Beat you to it, fuck-stick.

Your brother Type I or II, and forgive me if I have already asked.

Dalton said:
So, I got Lily to laugh for the first time ever this morning. Pretty much the highlight of my day.

Well done. Did you hold up the photo of the guy that looks like you for a comparison?

Dalton said:
So you can't live without it? It sounds like the type of thing that we could manufacture a suitable replacement.

Diabetics don't have functioning pancreases. Hence, insulin shots and insulin pumps.

VintagePunk said:

Ah, that makes complete sense. :up:

Does he miss aspects of it, or is he just relieved, the way many newly retired people are?

He's VERY relieved. This particular church was very stressful to him, and he retired mostly because of his health. Thank goodness because of it he has been able to drastically cut back on his blood pressure medicine and get full nights of sleep :up:

Dalton said:

I know. I LOVE to laugh, so it was pretty amazing to think that the very FIRST time she did one of my favorite things it was because of me.

:)

I remember the first time Sarah ever kissed me. I was driving to the pediatrician and some old lady made an illegal left-hand turn and drove into the side of my car. I flew out the passenger door into the back seat, very shaken, to check her. She was find and I picked her up out of her seat, and she reached forward and gave me a baby kiss. Awwww. Those events stay with you forever. :)

Dalton said:
So, why don't they remove the pancreas in people with pancreatic cancer (and yes, I'm sure someone has thought of this before. That's why I ask.)?

I imagine the ideal is that they get the cancer out before it spreads.

It sounds like the biggest danger for pancreatic cancer is the spreading.

VintagePunk said:

:)

I remember the first time Sarah ever kissed me. I was driving to the pediatrician and some old lady made an illegal left-hand turn and drove into the side of my car. I flew out the passenger door into the back seat, very shaken, to check her. She was find and I picked her up out of her seat, and she reached forward and gave me a baby kiss. Awwww. Those events stay with you forever. :)

Love it.

I was holding my 9 month old niece last week. I hadn't shaved in a few days and she started stroking my beard and then all of a sudden leaned in a kissed me. I can't remember the last time I laughed that much.

U2democrat said:

He's VERY relieved. This particular church was very stressful to him, and he retired mostly because of his health. Thank goodness because of it he has been able to drastically cut back on his blood pressure medicine and get full nights of sleep :up:

Wow, that's too bad that the situation had impacted his health, but great that he's doing better now.

It's such a shame when some churches get caught up in church politics-type BS. Not sure if that was the case here, but I've heard of it happening a lot.

U2democrat said:
All this talk is getting me excited about meeting my nephew next week :hyper:

He'll be a month on Friday, and my niece will be 4 on friday.

You must be counting the minutes! I hope you're at least getting lots of pictures in the meantime?

My dad's buddy has Type II, so he was familiar with the shots and whatnot.

My brother's had Type I for about 11 months now. He refuses to move to an insulin pump, though.

VintagePunk said:

Wow, that's too bad that the situation had impacted his health, but great that he's doing better now.

It's such a shame when some churches get caught up in church politics-type BS. Not sure if that was the case here, but I've heard of it happening a lot.

Oh it was definitely church politics. At one point he was phsyically assualted by one of the elders, but my dad the soul he is refused to press charges even though he had a good case and a room full of witnesses.

phillyfan26 said:
My dad's buddy has Type II, so he was familiar with the shots and whatnot.

My brother's had Type I for about 11 months now. He refuses to move to an insulin pump, though.

I'm not on meds yet, which will be the next step....eventually, though, my pancreas will run out of insulin and I'll need to inject. Type II, though, typically comes with all sorts of other complications. I don't often talk about it, it's sort of daunting, but, whatever.

U2democrat said:

At one point he was phsyically assualted by one of the elders, but my dad the soul he is refused to press charges even though he had a good case and a room full of witnesses.

:huh: Nice.

Your dad must be an exceptionally good, forgiving person.

VintagePunk said:

:huh: Nice.

Your dad must be an exceptionally good, forgiving person.

I may be biased because he's my dad, and this is cheesy and corny and whatnot, but he is my hero. I hope I can be half as amazing as he is.

Thankfully we're already exactly alike and we drive my mom nuts :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom