The Temple Bar - Dalton and the Rescue Pet Team ... UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
VintagePunk said:
McCain is one of the few Republicans that I've liked over the years, and I think the same can be said for many left-leaners, he seems like a good guy. However, I still like him, whereas other liberal types complain that he's sold out, and he's more right-leaning, pandering to the party in order to get the nomination.

I don't exactly see this as pandering. I guess it is, but in a way, I take this as a given, a normal part of the political process....make yourself more appealing to the masses in order to get the vote. Maybe I'm just less idealistic because I'm older? I dunno. Anyway, I can't see him doing a complete turn around and changing who he is at this point in his life. A democratic president is what you guys need, that goes without saying, but I still think that if McCain did happen to win, you could have done a LOT worse.

Thoughts?

He was by far the best option in the GOP, agreed.

I could handle him being president. I couldn't have handled Romney.

BonoManiac said:
Hey,

Anyone have some cheese doodles? :shifty:

Kthxbai

one of these maybe?

funny-pictures-squirrel-cheese-dood.jpg

Dalton said:

You WILL listen and you WILL like it.

Seriously though, are you making plans to go to a Cubs/Sox game? They're crazy.

Already been. Moved here last April. Fuck, almost a year.

Was even at a rare Cubs playoff game....Game 3 of their getting swept on out of the post-season....it was the funniest walk home ever.....walked down Clark, and all these sad Cub fans were stumbling out of the bars....saw a guy with a Purdue shirt and Cubs hat crying, Boilers had lost earlier that day....

VintagePunk said:
McCain is one of the few Republicans that I've liked over the years, and I think the same can be said for many left-leaners, he seems like a good guy. However, I still like him, whereas other liberal types complain that he's sold out, and he's more right-leaning, pandering to the party in order to get the nomination.

I don't exactly see this as pandering. I guess it is, but in a way, I take this as a given, a normal part of the political process....make yourself more appealing to the masses in order to get the vote. Maybe I'm just less idealistic because I'm older? I dunno. Anyway, I can't see him doing a complete turn around and changing who he is at this point in his life. A democratic president is what you guys need, that goes without saying, but I still think that if McCain did happen to win, you could have done a LOT worse.

Thoughts?

I see what you're saying...I mean, seriously, look at the other previous republican candidates. SCAR-EY!!! But I personally think that this statement would've held true for me were he the same McCain from a few years back. Now...I dunno. His stance has changed so much too, so it's just hard to say. One thing's for sure though, if McCain and Clinton win the noms, I think quite a few people who usually voted for one party will vote for the other.

phillyfan26 said:

He was by far the best option in the GOP, agreed.

I could handle him being president. I couldn't have handled Romney.

What is your opinion of the charges that he's pandering? Like I said, I find that a normal thing to do, especially for someone in his position. However, I don't think he's going to fundamentally change his views, and I don't think he's wrong to have done this. Like you pointed out, look at the alternatives.

VintagePunk said:

What is your opinion of the charges that he's pandering? Like I said, I find that a normal thing to do, especially for someone in his position. However, I don't think he's going to fundamentally change his views, and I don't think he's wrong to have done this. Like you pointed out, look at the alternatives.

You don't think he's going to change much? Can you expand on why you think this? It's a shame, but I've seriously not kept up with this election in my own damn country. I gritted my teeth as I voted, and have been reduced to just doing what I can to make sure that both parties put an issue i find very important on the plate.

I could be wrong, but didn't he sorta change what he had to say about waterboarding?

VintagePunk said:

I sincerely hope he reverts back to his real self now that he has the candidacy locked up.

unico said:

You don't think he's going to change much? Can you expand on why you think this? It's a shame, but I've seriously not kept up with this election in my own damn country. I gritted my teeth as I voted, and have been reduced to just doing what I can to make sure that both parties put an issue i find very important on the plate.

I could be wrong, but didn't he sorta change what he had to say about waterboarding?

I don't have anything concrete to base it on, I'm more thinking in general that it's unlikely for someone of his age to change drastically. I could be very, very wrong.

Yeah, like you, I haven't paid as much attention as I have in past elections. This time is probably as much as I watched in 2000. In 2004, I paid attention obsessively, and was absolutely devastated by the outcome.

phillyfan26 said:

I sincerely hope he reverts back to his real self now that he has the candidacy locked up.

That's my hope, as well. But I don't think he'll revert back until/unless he wins the general election. He still needs to reel in Republicans who think he's too moderate, and independents.

VintagePunk said:

I don't have anything concrete to base it on, I'm more thinking in general that it's unlikely for someone of his age to change drastically. I could be very, very wrong.

Yeah, like you, I haven't paid as much attention as I have in past elections. This time is probably as much as I watched in 2000. In 2004, I paid attention obsessively, and was absolutely devastated by the outcome.

We'll certainly see. I've just become completely uninterested. Perhaps because I don't see the big change or progress that people are getting excited about. These candidates are lukewarm and neither of their policies seem to move us towards the change I want to see. I just feel jaded and detached. I think things just aren't moving at the rate I want them to. I should be excited because any change is good change, but at the same time I'm just so frustrated with how behind the times this place really is in comparison to other developed nations. Meh. :shrug:

ETA: i put developing instead of developed. WHOOPS!

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:

Some would say Power Juice, but I respectfully submit that the correct answer is Sweetie Milk. :drool:

Correct!

Powerjuice is what they drink on a regular basis, and normally it's enough....but when they have multiple rescues/assassinations to pull off in the same day, they down some Sweetie Milk for sustenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom