The Temple Bar - Bringin' Fun & Sexytime Back

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
snowbunny00774 said:
I'm eating chocolate covered almonds and I so shouldn't be.

:drool:

I think I've only seen one of the Oscar nominated movies :(
Report back on Dreamgirls NSW. Let me know if I should vote for Eddie Murphy in my online picks. I voted someone else, but I did vote for Jennifer Hudson.

snowbunny00774 said:

Rum and cokes with that DVD Thora?

Most likely! :yes:

I do want to see Dreamgirls, but I'll probably wait until it's out on DVD.

The only Oscar nominated movie I've seen is The Departed. I really didn't go to a lot of movies this year.

The only movie I saw in the theatre last yr was that Pirates one. Can't remember what I've last seen on DVD, although I do want to see that Departed one. Mark w is in that right? :drool:

I go to the movies a lot, I love films. Was gonna wait for Dreamgirls to come out on cable/satellite, but, since I can see it for free on a big screen, might as well.

I'll try and watch it soon.

He should be in more movies, and on more shows...like guest parts on things I watch. So I can evaluate his acting skills better, you know?

I like movies, but 1 1/2, 2 hrs is a long time to sit there not doing something else. I don't often have that time. I'd like to be able to see more.

snowbunny00774 said:
:heart: Reg

Kat - I assume your finally better? I hope so...I just can't imagine you have a problem getting excitement, what's the problem?

I can't get enough excitement, I'm quite demanding :)

Dreamgirls is highly HIGHLY overrated but Eddie Murphy was very good in it. I'd put my money on Jennifer Hudson even though I don't think it was oscar worthy. I'm hearing Abigail Breslin is a possiblity though :up:

The only Oscar nominated movie I caught was 'Little Miss Sunshine'. I did see 'Night At The Museum' with Maddy. Twice :shifty: Her cousin came to visit a couple of weeks ago and they wanted to go to the movies, and it was really the only movie to go see. So we all saw it. Again. At least I saw Bono's building in the background :shifty:

snowbunny00774 said:

He should be in more movies, and on more shows...like guest parts on things I watch. So I can evaluate his acting skills better, you know?

I like movies, but 1 1/2, 2 hrs is a long time to sit there not doing something else. I don't often have that time. I'd like to be able to see more.

:lol: My friend had the giggles every time he came on screen. She couldn't see him as anything else than Marky Mark. He is actually a decent actor, which totally surprised me.

snowbunny00774 said:

I have a very short attention span, and am easily distracted. When we watch a movie, we're pausing constantly. Between snacks, bathroom visits, taking telephone calls, stopping to discuss a scene in the movie, or stopping to discuss something completely irrelevant to the movie, it often takes us 3 or 4 hours to get through a 2 hour movie.

I've heard of that Sunshine one - It sounds good...that'll have to go on my list too.

Are you going to be this demanding in NYC Kat? :dread:

:wink:

VintagePunk said:

I have a very short attention span, and am easily distracted. When we watch a movie, we're pausing constantly. Between snacks, bathroom visits, taking telephone calls, stopping to discuss a scene in the movie, or stopping to discuss something completely irrelevant to the movie, it often takes us 3 or 4 hours to get through a 2 hour movie.

I'm kind of the opposite, which is likely why I love movies so much. My attention span is......cookies?

snowbunny00774 said:

Are you going to be this demanding in NYC Kat? :dread:

:wink:

Demanding in that I don't like to sit still, yes but I don't think you plan on sitting still either :D

The way my professor explains the way Justice Scalia thinks makes me love the law :heart: :drool:

ThoraSEB said:

:lol: My friend had the giggles every time he came on screen. She couldn't see him as anything else than Marky Mark. He is actually a decent actor, which totally surprised me.

He's decent all right :yes: I've seen The Big Hit about 15 times.

Snow - at least if you are watching a DVD you can stop or pause and discuss. My other half will talk over or thru a scene. But usually we're not watching movies together. He does that during TV shows and such :angry: Then I have to kick his ass out to the bedroom :up:

snowbunny00774 said:

I make the time, since it's something I truly love. For others, it's a sporadic distraction. I'd shoot myself if I had no time, ever, for books and movies and music and sports. This is why I stay up so late, because I work a lot and during the spring/summer play a lot of softball, so I need time for these other things, and late-night is sometimes the only way to get it done.

redkat said:

Demanding in that I don't like to sit still, yes but I don't think you plan on sitting still either :D

The way my professor explains the way Justice Scalia thinks makes me love the law :heart: :drool:

You're quite right :D

glad to hear the law is going well for you :up:

Lila64 said:
Snow - at least if you are watching a DVD you can stop or pause and discuss.

True. I like to be doing things around my house all the time though and movies generally require one room, not flitting everywhere. If I do have chunks of time my addiction is reading so I'll spend time on books before anything else. Lately this has been just a page or two in bed before I fall asleep.

last week I was out of books so I brought readers digest to bed (such is the life of a single girl :mad:). the next morning I went to look for it beside the bed so I could finish reading something and I couldn't find it. I have checked under, around, in the bed and it's nowhere. I've laundered everything and didn't find it when I took the bed apart. I'm so confused /random weirdness

yea I really like it. I've had torts already and this is a bit redundant of contract law but the professor gets so excited when he talks about cases and opinions it's great :up:

I just realized i've been spelling vacuum wrong my whole life :der:

Vegas in June snow? :D

Snow, I'm addicted to reading as well. Honestly, I think one could call it an addiction. I do it every day, without fail, it's the big constant in my life more than any other pursuit. I'd go into immediate withdrawal without it, for sure. Perish the thought.

Kat, I always liked my professors when they could inject some passion and emotion into the class. Maybe it made things less than objective, but, that was ok with me. Teaching at its best comes from the head and the heart, or so I think.

snowbunny00774 said:

True. I like to be doing things around my house all the time though and movies generally require one room, not flitting everywhere. If I do have chunks of time my addiction is reading so I'll spend time on books before anything else. Lately this has been just a page or two in bed before I fall asleep.

last week I was out of books so I brought readers digest to bed (such is the life of a single girl :mad:). the next morning I went to look for it beside the bed so I could finish reading something and I couldn't find it. I have checked under, around, in the bed and it's nowhere. I've laundered everything and didn't find it when I took the bed apart. I'm so confused /random weirdness

I've been reading a lot lately, too. I was in a panic the night before last, when I finished a book and realized I had nothing else to read.

I got my daughter to get a couple of books for me from her school library the next day.

Weird about the missing Readers Digest. :ohmy: :twilightzone:

Mikeflix offers books, too. :) I have tons here. I probably cost myself a year of early retirement with my books and DVDs. :)

VP, your sig is great, that's the only DMB song I can truly say I love.

:twilightzone: for sure.

I get magazine subscriptions and keep them as an emergency pile in case I run out of books at night, and the stores are closed. I cannot go to sleep without reading. I was thinking the other day that it if I did meet someone they would have to be a reader as well, just so that they won't be annoyed about the bedtime reading.

Yes Kat - mid June :drool:

snowbunny00774 said:
:twilightzone: for sure.

I get magazine subscriptions and keep them as an emergency pile in case I run out of books at night, and the stores are closed. I cannot go to sleep without reading. I was thinking the other day that it if I did meet someone they would have to be a reader as well, just so that they won't be annoyed about the bedtime reading.

Yes Kat - mid June :drool:

Same here with the reading thing. Might seem Seinfeldian or whatnot, but, I don't think I'd be compatible with someone who was not a bedtime reader. And so single I remain. :)

During my panic-stricken, bookless night, I picked up one that was lying around here - Lovely Bones, by Alice Sebold. I read about 20 pages, and put it down. I'm far from a literary snob, my favourite author is Stephen King, for goodness sake...but I just couldn't abide that one.

I like very few songs by DMB, NSW (I'm all about the acronyms, apparently), but the few I like, I like a lot.

I read that one - it was tough going indeed. Am I the only one that things the Oprah stamp of approval is a death knell as for how much I'll like a book?

Did you read cell yet? I loved it - I bloody well hate phones, I think you should only be able to text on them, so Cell sang to my heart :love:

VintagePunk said:
During my panic-stricken, bookless night, I picked up one that was lying around here - Lovely Bones, by Alice Sebold. I read about 20 pages, and put it down. I'm far from a literary snob, my favourite author is Stephen King, for goodness sake...but I just couldn't abide that one.

I like very few songs by DMB, NSW (I'm all about the acronyms, apparently), but the few I like, I like a lot.

That is a funny contradiction, being a book snob but loving King, who is reviled by self styled "people of letters", but the people of letters too easily discount the power of imagination. Eh.

I think the only other DMB song I like a lot is Ants Marching.

I cannot imagine a bookless night...that's fucking scary.

Back
Top Bottom