The Temple Bar ~ Bono has "special" powers - honest!.....UYMFA!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just wanted you all to know that you are all in my U2 heaven. :hug:

:p

Laura, Happy Anniversary to your parents! 40 years! Wow! :ohmy: :applaud:

Okay... 20 more posts to 30K. Any ideas on what to waste it on??

:hmm:

As long as you make no comments whatsoever on the Italy-Netherlands game in the bar, I couldn't care less. I am at work and unable to watch the game, but I will watch the replay at 8 p.m. tonight.

I'm not saying you will or have said anything, I'm just warning you in advance. :wink:

I will watch the replay at 8 p.m. tonight.

I will too. But it's only a half hour of highlights for us on ESPN Classic, as far as I know. Are you guys getting a replay of the full match? :ohmy: Don't worry I won't spoil anything, I'm at work too. :wink:

Must resist temptation to go on EURO 2008 website. :shifty:

There is only one Football. And it actually involves using the foot to kick the ball into a net. Everything else needs a name change. :down:

There is only one Football. And it actually involves using the foot to kick the ball into a net. Everything else needs a name change. :down:

orly.gif

US Olympic coverage sucks anyway - it's all "rah rah here we are aren't we great oh there may be other countries here too but they only exist if they're competing against the US and we'll only show coverage in prime time so we can get ad money so you'll only see highlights of US participants..."

CBC Olympic coverage on the other hand - "Yay Canada it's great that we're here and participating we'll show you as much of the events as we can even if Canada's not there and we'll give you human interest stories of Cdn participants *and* those from other countries and we'll show you more than the top 10 finishers in each event..."

(Yes I've seen US coverage on NBC - fortunately only one day - and I was *really* glad to be going back across the border to CBC the next day!)

US Olympic coverage sucks anyway - it's all "rah rah here we are aren't we great oh there may be other countries here too but they only exist if they're competing against the US and we'll only show coverage in prime time so we can get ad money so you'll only see highlights of US participants..."

CBC Olympic coverage on the other hand - "Yay Canada it's great that we're here and participating we'll show you as much of the events as we can even if Canada's not there and we'll give you human interest stories of Cdn participants *and* those from other countries and we'll show you more than the top 10 finishers in each event..."

(Yes I've seen US coverage on NBC - fortunately only one day - and I was *really* glad to be going back across the border to CBC the next day!)

I don't doubt it! And I haven't even watched CBC. :shifty: lol.

What do you guys think of the smilies right now.
I put all the ones I think are the best/most popular up before you click for more.

Or am I going to be sorry I asked :angry:

During the 2002 Winter Olympics I was in New Orleans for Mardi Gras and I watched some of the coverage on NBC. I remember saying: are there even any other countries participating? Luckily, I made it home in time for the Canada-USA hockey final, which I, of course, watched on CBC.

Moreover, CBC's coverage is actually live, whereas NBC, for the most part, will show taped-events in prime-time. :down:

Morning, bar!

I love the Olympics! I'll be away this year when they're on, but that's okay, as I much prefer watching the winter Olympics. I'm so excited that they're coming to my backyard, and hopefully I'll be able to afford to go to one or two events. :D

Back
Top Bottom